How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I left work today, there was a PCSO waiting by my car for me. They had been invited to a community fun day here at the school today and whilst there (we have them on CCTV), they went round every car in the car park checking it for legallity, tyres, tax, insurance etc.

As a result they have now seized my car and I have to pay £150 to get it released.

Something very odd there. PCSOs don't have authority to check vehicles in this way. Even a police officer doesn't have authority to check a vehicle unless he sees it being used on the highway.

He hasn't used it as a verb

'Podged' is a verbal noun; its existence would stem from the verb 'to podge'. Steven's query is therefore valid.

Something very odd there. PCSOs don't have authority to check vehicles in this way. Even a police officer doesn't have authority to check a vehicle unless he sees it being used on the highway.

SJN should be talking to a Solicitor me thinks. :icon_wink

A seriously unhappy person!

It seems that whilst I was on holiday, the direct debit for my car insurance bounced (unbeknown to me). As a result Norwich Union decided to cancel my policy. Unfortunately for me, they failed to tell me this.

When I left work today, there was a PCSO waiting by my car for me. They had been invited to a community fun day here at the school today and whilst there (we have them on CCTV), they went round every car in the car park checking it for legallity, tyres, tax, insurance etc.

As a result they have now seized my car and I have to pay £150 to get it released. I also have to take my insurance certificate with me. Norwich Union insisted that they couldn't reinstate my old policy and I had to take out a new one. They say that my Certificate should be with me in the next 10 working days.

Oh yes, that £150 is only if I get the car by midday tomorrow, after that it's an extra £25 a day.

If the police came to the school today to help build relationships with the community, they certainly went the wrong way about it. ****s.

:098:

The Police (or PCSO's), are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.
Whether you like it or not, you were driving illegally. Maybe you should actually be thanking them for bringing it to your attention and not chastising them.

Your gripe should really be aimed at your insurance company.
Maybe find out why your payment bounced. Could be your bank's fault, or even your own fault for over indulgence!!

They do of course but at the expense of a claim.

I may be wrong, I'm sure someone like Boc will know for sure, but isn't it against most insurance policies, and possibly even against the law, not to declare an incident to the insurance people?

If you get your car nicked once a year for instance in a situation like yours and choose not to claim, surely you are more of a risk to them so they would need to know about past incidents even if you don't claim?

.........Also couldn't someone else drive it or have driven it there? I'm sure my own insurance allows me to drive someone else's car, under road traffic act minimum insurance only, but still legally.......

The car still needs to be insured by someone else for your insurance to cover you when driving it. Don't know why but Im pretty sure thats correct.

I may be wrong, I'm sure someone like Boc will know for sure, but isn't it against most insurance policies, and possibly even against the law, not to declare an incident to the insurance people?

If you get your car nicked once a year for instance in a situation like yours and choose not to claim, surely you are more of a risk to them so they would need to know about past incidents even if you don't claim?

You are correct, you must let them know claim made or no claim made. I found that whilst trying to renew my insurance policy for my new cars.

But thinking about it....which type of access do recovery claims go under? In my case, I had to go under theft, so I payed the theft access. I was on Third Party, Theft and Theft but now on Comprehensive as of 3pm today, is it covered under that?

Last edited:
You are correct, you must let them know claim made or no claim made. I found that whilst trying to renew my insurance policy for my new cars.

Out of interest does it get taken into account with their new cost if you didn;t make a claim? Also what size are we talking? If someone dents my door in a carpark does that need to be declared, or just right offs?

Out of interest does it get taken into account with their new cost if you didn;t make a claim? Also what size are we talking? If someone dents my door in a carpark does that need to be declared, or just right offs?

Exactly what I have just said in an edit. It becomes a bit of a grey area. I reckon they hike the price up claim or no claim, that's from other insurance companies purely questioning it but that was only some.

Last day of trading in the shop.sad day

Yes, it must be sad HF. I could say "chin up matey, things can only get better, or things will turn out for the best I'm sure", but I suspect you will tell me to **** Off. So I won't. instead I'll say you're fecking doomed, go and have a drink. :icon_wink

You can still tell me to **** Off tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00