How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i won't pretend i can begin to imagine how it feels,just hope its all wrong and he wasn't

Unfortunately he's now named on the BBC website -
11 year old, been at a Bristol boarding school since his parents got moved to Rio with work at Christmas.

Mind you I really knew yesterday when his parents told me, I just couldn't take it in. I'm not sure I can now to be honest.

Great kid. Tragic.

Horrible news, i'm so sorry

Unfortunately he's now named on the BBC website -
11 year old, been at a Bristol boarding school since his parents got moved to Rio with work at Christmas.

Mind you I really knew yesterday when his parents told me, I just couldn't take it in. I'm not sure I can now to be honest.

Great kid. Tragic.

Puts my problems of today into perspective. Feel sorry for you and sorry for his parents and most of all sorry for the kid. :icon_sad:

Puts my problems of today into perspective. Feel sorry for you and sorry for his parents and most of all sorry for the kid. :icon_sad:

ditto....

thats ****ing shit! sorry to hear the news Siouxsie

ditto....

thats ****ing shit! sorry to hear the news Siouxsie

Thanks for all the messages of support here and elsewhere.

The death of a child in whatever circumstances is always tragic. I haven't been helped by the fact that Alexander is still on the front pages of newspapers and websites and I guess until they discover what happened to the plane then this story will be continually dragged up.

(In one national newspaper today he is shown wearing the Tigers rugby shirt I gave him for his birthday, as he loved rugby, and his parents lived in Leicester for several years, so at least I know he did wear it!)

I just hope the press keep away from the memorial serivce, for his family's sake.

Last edited:
grim, my student days are officially over.

My advice is to follow the German model and is certainly what I would do in your situation. Do a Masters and then do a Doctorate and start work at around 26 or 27. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Brighton712
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711
9Tottenham 710