How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I must've stood on a karmic butterfly. Or been an utter **** in my past life. Or just have really, really bad Feng Shui. Or something!

(beware massive complaining post)

Right, I feel like this week kind of sums up how things are going for me lately

Monday - Was supposed to have a hospital appointment in Leicester (I live down near Reading), which I had phoned up Friday night to confirm. The woman must've said about 5 times down the phone to me that my appointment was Monday at 1.30. So I took the day off work, and started my 2.5 journey up to Leicester. Then got a text message from the clinic with an appointment "reminder" while I was in the car, which I didn't see until I stopped at the services just before Northampton. The message was "confirming" my appointment for Tuesday at 2pm!

Phoned the hospital and was like "uhhh sorry what?". It was the same woman on the phone as I'd confirmed my appointment with on Friday. She was like no sorry that doctor doesn't work from this clinic on Mondays. I don't care, YOU personally definetely told me Friday that it was Monday at 1.30. I wrote it down as you said it, and you told me about 5 times it was at that time. No way I would've heard the day AND time wrong about 5 times! But, nothing they could do, because he was in clinic in Kettering all day.... so I just had to drive home. Day off work and 120 mile round trip for absolutely no reason at all!

Friday - Tomorrow is meant to be payday. Meant to be. And considering this would've been my first payslip since going back to work, I was kind of waiting for this one! But no, my assistant manager came over and told us that he'd forgotten to put us back on the system, and therefore had missed the deadline for payday and we wouldn't be getting paid this week! (Something he would've known since Tuesday, since that is the deadline for payrun) But hey, when you've not worked in 2.5 months and work for £6 an hour, that's fine, who needs to get paid on time?

Saturday - I amazingly had got through the application part of a Graduate Scheme for Mars (very competitive, thousands of applicants, and probably the best marketing scheme around). On Saturday I had to do online verbal and numerical assessments for the next phase of the application. Spent an hour and a half doing the tests, really pleased with how well I'd done on the questions and how easy it seemed.... Clicked "Submit" to send off my completed tests.... loading... loading.... "Technical Error. An error has occurred and you will now not be able to complete these tests. Please contact test administrator".
So phoned the test people, no answer. Read their email, outside Monday-Friday office hours please email, but be aware that technical support will be available after 5pm on Sunday. That's fine, it's only 1.30 on Saturday.... so sent off the email with detailed information of the problem and my details. No reply. And the test deadline is midnight tonight, and under no circumstances do they allow people to submit tests after this time. So that technical error means I'm now out of the running for that job. Perfect.

That brings us to today! Sunday - On my way back from the gym, coming round a big roundabout with 3 lanes. In the left hand lane, ready to turn off at the next exit.... but some idiot then realises this one that I'm just driving past is his exit, so comes speeding round in the middle lane, smack into the side of my car! His car was fine of course, but broke my wing mirror, indicator and scratched/dented down the front and above the wheel arch. In the only "lucky" part of my week, he had managed to veer off slightly before he hit me, otherwise he would've gone straight on into my driver door... and therefore me as well! So yeah, that' the good part... at least I think, not actually sure though!

Add in the fact that having left University with a Masters in July 2008, I still can't find a job other than the shop job I already had while at University, as well as plenty of other things I could find to bitch about, and my life is pretty darn rosy!

Yeah.... no one will care... but I want to vent!

Three days in one week without any cause to complain?

I'd be seriously elated if I was ever so fortunate to experience such a week....

I feel like I must've stood on a karmic butterfly. Or been an utter **** in my past life. Or just have really, really bad Feng Shui. Or something!

Monday - Was supposed to have a hospital appointment in Leicester (I live down near Reading), which I had phoned up Friday night to confirm. The woman must've said about 5 times down the phone to me that my appointment was Monday at 1.30. So I took the day off work, and started my 2.5 journey up to Leicester. Then got a text message from the clinic with an appointment "reminder" while I was in the car, which I didn't see until I stopped at the services just before Northampton. The message was "confirming" my appointment for Tuesday at 2pm!

Phoned the hospital and was like "uhhh sorry what?". It was the same woman on the phone as I'd confirmed my appointment with on Friday. She was like no sorry that doctor doesn't work from this clinic on Mondays. I don't care, YOU personally definetely told me Friday that it was Monday at 1.30. I wrote it down as you said it, and you told me about 5 times it was at that time. No way I would've heard the day AND time wrong about 5 times! But, nothing they could do, because he was in clinic in Kettering all day.... so I just had to drive home. Day off work and 120 mile round trip for absolutely no reason at all!

Friday - Tomorrow is meant to be payday. Meant to be. And considering this would've been my first payslip since going back to work, I was kind of waiting for this one! But no, my assistant manager came over and told us that he'd forgotten to put us back on the system, and therefore had missed the deadline for payday and we wouldn't be getting paid this week! (Something he would've known since Tuesday, since that is the deadline for payrun) But hey, when you've not worked in 2.5 months and work for £6 an hour, that's fine, who needs to get paid on time?

Saturday - I amazingly had got through the application part of a Graduate Scheme for Mars (very competitive, thousands of applicants, and probably the best marketing scheme around). On Saturday I had to do online verbal and numerical assessments for the next phase of the application. Spent an hour and a half doing the tests, really pleased with how well I'd done on the questions and how easy it seemed.... Clicked "Submit" to send off my completed tests.... loading... loading.... "Technical Error. An error has occurred and you will now not be able to complete these tests. Please contact test administrator".
So phoned the test people, no answer. Read their email, outside Monday-Friday office hours please email, but be aware that technical support will be available after 5pm on Sunday. That's fine, it's only 1.30 on Saturday.... so sent off the email with detailed information of the problem and my details. No reply. And the test deadline is midnight tonight, and under no circumstances do they allow people to submit tests after this time. So that technical error means I'm now out of the running for that job. Perfect.

That brings us to today! Sunday - On my way back from the gym, coming round a big roundabout with 3 lanes. In the left hand lane, ready to turn off at the next exit.... but some idiot then realises this one that I'm just driving past is his exit, so comes speeding round in the middle lane, smack into the side of my car! His car was fine of course, but broke my wing mirror, indicator and scratched/dented down the front and above the wheel arch. In the only "lucky" part of my week, he had managed to veer off slightly before he hit me, otherw*s* he would've gone straight on into my driver door... and therefore me as well! So yeah, that' the good part... at least I think, not actually sure though!

Add in the fact that having left University with a Masters in July 2008, I still can't find a job other than the shop job I already had while at University, as well as plenty of other things I could find to bitch about, and my life is pretty darn rosy!

:081::081::081::081: that's cheered me up no end.

......... Yeah.... no one will care... but I want to vent!

Yeah, but, apart from that, how's things?

That brings us to today! Sunday - On my way back from the gym, coming round a big roundabout with 3 lanes. In the left hand lane, ready to turn off at the next exit.... but some idiot then realises this one that I'm just driving past is his exit, so comes speeding round in the middle lane, smack into the side of my car! His car was fine of course, but broke my wing mirror, indicator and scratched/dented down the front and above the wheel arch. In the only "lucky" part of my week, he had managed to veer off slightly before he hit me, otherw*s* he would've gone straight on into my driver door... and therefore me as well! So yeah, that' the good part... at least I think, not actually sure though!

Might i suggest channeling some of the (overspent) energy on this thread in trying to find a job...:icon_wink

I have reached the now spent 5 days on one save of Football Manager....

Anyway, cheered up from the Monday morning blues. Just walked past the clock tower, to see/hear some old fella from the God squad preaching his belief and then he began some slanging match with some 16 year old after he started taking the piss over his stuttering. Quality!

Might i suggest channeling some of the (overspent) energy on this thread in trying to find a job...:icon_wink

Oi, I'm bloody well trying....

You should see how long his Football Manager game is.

... but yeah, maybe not quite hard enough! :icon_lol:

Things actually went a bit better today, and 3 of my 4 big complaints from last week all improved!

Car - phoned the insurance company this morning, and they said it certainly sounds like it's the other persons fault, so should be fine and won't effect no claims or anything. So that's good

Grad scheme assessment - Finally heard back from the testing company, who confirmed that my results were completed and saved and will be sent forward for consideration :)

Not getting paid at work - Went to see my manager, as one of the girls I work with had emailed him over the weekend to make him aware of the situation, and had asked if we could go see him to make sure the rest of our hours will be paid properly. Got there and he was deeply apologetic, said it's definetely not fair for us to not be paid, when he's asking us to work our arses off at the minute to get things ready. He then gave the 3 of us that were not paid an envelope as an advance on the wages. He's given us the money out of his own pocket as a loan until payday! And it was more than I would've been paid anyway! Very, very nice and generous gesture from him.... particularly since the mistake was not down to him at all, and it was my assistant manager's screwup that meant we didn't get paid

So, actually a pretty decent Monday!

My back does hurt from the car crash though, hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69