How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, maybe I am being young and naive, but why can't they just count 'em all up and say Labour got 5 votes, Libs got 3,024,342 and Tories got 4,302,123. Ergo, Tories win.

Which Monster Munch is best under both systems?

The answer to this will dictate if I can be arsed to vote at all.

I was told by my local candidate who to vote for - I found it quite funny :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Why is that cocksucker Clegg talking about this on the news at the Walkers Stadium ?

Who ****ing let that bastard in ?

Why is that cocksucker Clegg talking about this on the news at the Walkers Stadium ?

Who ****ing let that bastard in ?

Seriously?

I dunno why he's making such a fuss as by the end of May he'll wake up thinking AV was a shit idea.

So if the milkshake voter put hot chocolate as second choice, and the beer voters put milkshake second then hot chocolate third, but the coffee voters only picked coffee, hot chocolate wins despite only getting two 'first round' votes and one second choice vote?

Much fairer.

Put it all in a blender and have a good shit.

I am amazed how poor a campaign has been run by the Yes brigade. You'd barely know there was a referundum going on today

The queues at my Polling Station suggest that people know about today's elections/referendum but I do wonder how. We have had just one leaflet through the door (from the NO campaign) and our next-door-but-one-neighbour has a small YES poster in the window - otherwise nothing.

It hasn't. AV will not necessarily lead to true proportional representation.

Isn't it true though that more goverments with Av or proportional representation end up with a hung parliment?

Didn't Adolf Hitler come to power using a similar AV (PR) system?

As i understand it AV will provide a platform where a minority and extremist party could find it easier to come to power?

The queues at my Polling Station suggest that people know about today's elections/referendum but I do wonder how. We have had just one leaflet through the door (from the NO campaign) and our next-door-but-one-neighbour has a small YES poster in the window - otherw*s* nothing.

I've had two letters personally addressed to me, along with a few leaflets about it.

Isn't it true though that more goverments with Av or proportional representation end up with a hung parliment?

It's certainly more likely.

Didn't Adolf Hitler come to power using a similar AV (PR) system?

Germany used a form of PR, but not AV, which meant that the Nazis got seats that wouldn't have got under FPTP.

As i understand it AV will provide a platform where a minority and extremist party could find it easier to come to power?

It's unlikely.

You are confusing yourself by presuming that AV and PR are the same thing. AV is not true PR or anything like it.

They use the AV system in Australia. In the last 100 years they've had two coalition governments. In that time the UK has had 5 coalition governments.

So why is it that Australia is trying to get rid of AV?

It's also difficult to be certain what effect the different voting systems (AV, FPTP) have on the final result when other aspects of the two voting regimes are so very different. Australia, with compulsory voting, enjoys turn-outs of over 90% while the UK struggles to get 40% out of their armchairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69