How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under AV they could get in being the first choice of a lot less than 25% of voters.

An extreme party, such as the BNP, are supported by people with extreme views or by people susceptible to extreme propaganda. They're like Marmite, you either love 'em or hate 'em.
They'll either get a person's first preference, or no preference.

An extreme party, such as the BNP, are supported by people with extreme views or by people susceptible to extreme propaganda. They're like Marmite, you either love 'em or hate 'em.
Not second preference for some disillusioned main party supporters then?

Don't agree at all on this one.

Where we used to live (Erdington/Kingstanding) many people considered themselves to be Labour or Tory but had the BNP as their second party.

When it came time to protest they'd transfer vote to BNP and the party made notable gains in local elections as a result.

I lost count of the times I heard "I'm not a racist but..." and "...but the BNP isn't a party about race anymore".

Given the increasing effects of the economy upon society it is easy to see how the BNP could easily benefit from this system.

And that's the first and last serious post I'm making about this topic. :icon_bigg

At least there's less time for it to leave your memory......oh wait-there it goes!:icon_razz

I would quite like people to stop outbidding me on ebay. This morning I was winning all five bids I had put in, now I'm not winning any of them and they've all gone above the budget I've set for each thing.

Bloody swines.

Our local now accepts deliveries.

Not only do I not have to go to some idiotic depot to collect my parcel - I'm sitting here enjoying a pint and the wife is none the wiser.

But they would have to be a lot of people's second choice, which is very unlikely for a party with extreme views.
About as likely as the BNP getting the vote of 25% in a FPTP ballot.
Both technically correct though.:icon_wink

Last edited:
Flipping heck - just been following some links on the BBC website about AV and came across another political party. JuryTeam? WTF are they and when did they appear on the scene :102:

I've noticed that I've started using "I'll be right back" when I mean "I will now **** off as I don't want to talk to you" in my conversations on the Internet. Very convenient.

I've noticed that I've started using "I'll be right back" when I mean "I will now **** off as I don't want to talk to you" in my conversations on the Internet. Very convenient.
I use 'I'll look into that' a lot lately as a polite replacement for 'I couldn't give a flying **** about this trivial matter and by this time tomorrow we'll both have forgotten about it'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69