How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAAARRRRRRRGghhhhhhhhhhh Wank! Parking ticket. Stupid stupid stupid... narrow two way road (to allow cars to leave a secure underground park)leading into a one way street, last parking space on the opposite side of the road free. I reversed out of the opening of the one way street into the space, at no time was I even reversing on the oposite side of the road well maybe a tiny bit. Done for having my car the wrong way round. WTF? how would you do a 3 point turn and parrallel park in that situation. What I did seemed logical at the time but I guess is an offence. F*cking licence to print money.

The envelope they left with my bill isn't even postage paid, and is addressed to the "Director" I can just imagine the fat prick counting the cash of idiots like me.

AAAARRRRRRRGghhhhhhhhhhh Wank! Parking ticket. Stupid stupid stupid... narrow two way road (to allow cars to leave a secure underground park)leading into a one way street, last parking space on the opposite side of the road free. I reversed out of the opening of the one way street into the space, at no time was I even reversing on the oposite side of the road well maybe a tiny bit. Done for having my car the wrong way round. WTF? how would you do a 3 point turn and parrallel park in that situation. What I did seemed logical at the time but I guess is an offence. F*cking licence to print money.

The envelope they left with my bill isn't even postage paid, and is addressed to the "Director" I can just imagine the fat prick counting the cash of idiots like me.

Even though you have partially accepted it, I will say to you the same as I said to the other people on my speed awareness course I attended recently. If you are fed up of paying parking fines or think speeding fines are a rip off, stop speeding and stop parking illegally and the problem disappears. I drove too fast so I can't complain that I have to pay for it.

Even though you have partially accepted it

Not entirely. It annoys me immensly because I am a tight git and I didn't think I was causing an offence. To my knowledge It is not illegal to reverse park on a one way street in Australia, which is essentially what I thought I was doing. It also annoys me as I had a class cancelled so it should have been moved by the time the warden would have been about. Then my GF even came back and told me to move the car as there is a sign up saying the drains are to be cleared, I laughed as the date is for tomorrow. Had I moved the car the warden would have been none the wiser and I wouldn't have been imposing on anyone. This evening when I was parking correctly a car came the wrong way down the one way with no lights on FFS.

We all speed, but it is possible to leave your house and return safely having not caused any accidents and then you have your licence revoked due to being flashed a few times. It annoys me that speeding cameras are strategically placed to make money. Yes speeding results in accidents and I don't condone it as deaths occur due to dangerous speeding. In my view there are everyday dangerous offenses going unpunished compared to driving slightly over the speed limit.

...you have partially accepted it

Not entirely.

So you haven't entirely partially accepted it?
:icon_conf

...speeding cameras are strategically placed to make money.

Good thing too - it keeps down the taxes for the rest of us.

Seriously though... I got a speeding ticket about 10 years ago. 62 in a 50 limit on a 3-lane (each way) dual carriageway section of the A2 at half-two in the morning - I was the only car on the road and the normal 70 limit had been suspended because there had been road-works and a narrowing of the lanes there about a fortnight earlier. I vowed that the bastards will never catch me again and now deliberately drive within the limits. I do get some queues of not-very-pleased drivers behind me.

So you haven't entirely partially accepted it?
:icon_conf

:icon_lol: I keep trying to get my dad on here he'd love it and be right at home. (If he isn't lurking already)

Good thing too - it keeps down the taxes for the rest of us.

Seriously though... I got a speeding ticket about 10 years ago. 62 in a 50 limit on a 3-lane (each way) dual carriageway section of the A2 at half-two in the morning - I was the only car on the road and the normal 70 limit had been suspended because there had been road-works and a narrowing of the lanes there about a fortnight earlier. I vowed that the bastards will never catch me again and now deliberately drive within the limits. I do get some queues of not-very-pleased drivers behind me.

It's a sensible way to think, even the taxes comment:icon_wink

I guess if I got a ticket for letting my meter run out then I would accept it. I pressumed I was legally parked, looking back a bit stupid of me, as I'm skint at the moment it's certainly hard to swallow.

I still find it daft that there are so many dangerous drivers on the road that go unpunished.

Not entirely. It annoys me immensly because I am a tight git and I didn't think I was causing an offence. To my knowledge It is not illegal to reverse park on a one way street in Australia, which is essentially what I thought I was doing. It also annoys me as I had a class cancelled so it should have been moved by the time the warden would have been about. Then my GF even came back and told me to move the car as there is a sign up saying the drains are to be cleared, I laughed as the date is for tomorrow. Had I moved the car the warden would have been none the wiser and I wouldn't have been imposing on anyone. This evening when I was parking correctly a car came the wrong way down the one way with no lights on FFS.

We all speed, but it is possible to leave your house and return safely having not caused any accidents and then you have your licence revoked due to being flashed a few times. It annoys me that speeding cameras are strategically placed to make money. Yes speeding results in accidents and I don't condone it as deaths occur due to dangerous speeding. In my view there are everyday dangerous offenses going unpunished compared to driving slightly over the speed limit.

camera revenue is pennies compared to the cost of cleaning up even one reasonably sized accident

camera revenue is pennies compared to the cost of cleaning up even one reasonably sized accident

Maybe, but many of these reasonably sized accidents may not caused by speeding. Often causes are people not driving with due care and attention such as aggressive lane changing on multiple carraigeways. Speed cameras or traps certainly reduce accidents in some areas, in others they are strategically placed as a revenue maker.

I'm sorry to hear you attended a speed awareness course and learned some probably chilling facts. I was in an accident a few years back caused by someone who was speeding. My stationary car was written off and I was hospitalised but I don't hold any grudge against this person as it could easily have been me causing an accident, it is your choice to get in a vehicle and take the risk.

Maybe, but many of these reasonably sized accidents may not caused by speeding. Often causes are people not driving with due care and attention such as aggressive lane changing on multiple carraigeways. Speed cameras or traps certainly reduce accidents in some areas, in others they are strategically placed as a revenue maker.

I'm sorry to hear you attended a speed awareness course and learned some probably chilling facts. I was in an accident a few years back caused by someone who was speeding. My stationary car was written off and I was hospitalised but I don't hold any grudge against this person as it could easily have been me causing an accident, it is your choice to get in a vehicle and take the risk.

Don't be, I deserved it and it was actually quite enlightening considering I was massively against cameras beforehand. For instance a camera can only be placed at a spot that has had a high incidence of accidents in the past (there is a number limit I just can't remember it) which doesn't tie in with being money spinners. I think (it's coming back to me now) there needs to be 3 accidents in a year for a fixed camera to be considered and 1 accident for a mobile camera.

My views on speeding are similar to my views on illegal downloading, mainly because people take the similar viewpoint in general that it's a harmless crime. I speed and I have, in the past aquired copyrighted material but I accept that it was wrong and were I to be punished I would have no-one to blame but myself. I'm not saying you are one of these Billy, in fact you seem not to be, but I once had a big argument on here with Fludie (I think) who claimed that his illegal downloading and piracy actions were a victimless crime and a stupid law that he didn't have to obey.

If you are knowingly doing something illegal (which it appears you didn't knowingly do with your parking) then you have no-one else to blame. Even ignorance isn't really an excuse (it definitely isn't in the eyes of the law).

Edit: I just realised I hit a button labelled "quick reply", which mine was anything but. Nice.

Last edited:
I remember when Jeremy Clarkson was interviewing the person responsible for speed cameras on Top Gear. The chap said they have to put a sign up by law and they paint them bright yellow to make it easy to see. If you are stupid enough to get caught you only have yourself to blame.

For the record I have been caught myself and come around to Beighton's opinion after initial hostility.

My views on speeding are similar to my views on illegal downloading, mainly because people take the similar viewpoint in general that it's a harmless crime.

I have never heard of anyone I know being punished for illegal downloading. Due to it being so widespread now it appears to be hard to track or the authorities are more concerned about other internet crime. Is this me being naive?

I appreciate that isn't to say that it could in the future become something that is cracked down upon.

I have never heard of anyone I know being punished for illegal downloading. Due to it being so widespread now it appears to be hard to track or the authorities are more concerned about other internet crime. Is this me being naive?

I appreciate that isn't to say that it could in the future become something that is cracked down upon.

It is very rare to be punished for it at the minute I believe.

After researching this, they appear to be after people downloading films with De Niro or Edward Naughton in.

Last edited:
After researching this, they appear to be after people downloading films with De Niro or Edward Naughton in.

There happens to be one or two Turkish and Romanian Dvd rental stores in my neighbourhood, due to the lower rental charges I always choose them ahead of Video Easy.

Spent three hours with the firm, semiclad fitbit who has the honour to be working with me from September.

If she can stop talking it would be better but I can suffer that for the timebeing.

I delight in my unreconstructed nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670