How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's managing at the minute. Still eating well, sleeping well, doesn't seem to be in too much pain

If he could walk a little steadier I'd feel a lot more comfortable.

I have to carry him upstairs to bed, which is no problem. He's also got some pills to take everyday, and he's a complete bastard about taking those.

Basically, if I have a settled schedule he is OK, but if we have to go anywhere or leave him with someone, it's a pretty significant problem.

Still not sure quite what to do.

He's managing at the minute. Still eating well, sleeping well, doesn't seem to be in too much pain

If he could walk a little steadier I'd feel a lot more comfortable.

I have to carry him upstairs to bed, which is no problem. He's also got some pills to take everyday, and he's a complete bastard about taking those.

Basically, if I have a settled schedule he is OK, but if we have to go anywhere or leave him with someone, it's a pretty significant problem.

Still not sure quite what to do.
How old is he/she?

In my experience he will suggest the most expensive option available.

Your experience of vets is very different from mine.

And mine, hence why I asked the above, which was part of the decision process I went through with the vet when putting down our last two dogs.

In fact, on our most recent visit for an ear infection, she noticed our current dog had not had his shots either, so changed the examination charge to an innoculation charge, and then added the drops thus saving us £30.

There's a lot of factors to consider. Based on my experience, unless there's a reasonable chance of normal service being resumed, and the dog enjoying many more years of happiness, I wouldn't put him through pain he won't understand which will make both you and it unhappy in the long term.

He's 12, pretty old and had a good life. He sleeps wherever I do, so yes, upstairs.

I don't think he is in a great deal of pain, just very slow on his feet and unsteady.

He's 12, pretty old and had a good life. He sleeps wherever I do, so yes, upstairs.

I don't think he is in a great deal of pain, just very slow on his feet and unsteady.
Animals are very good at hiding pain. It's a defensive instinct.

That said, you have to be the judge. You're the only one who can really know the point where an animal's suffering is exceeding their pleasure in life.

Going back to what others have said though, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on operations for a dog of that age (84 in dog years). Mine were a little older, both had cancer and given the option of invasive traumatic surgery I opted to give them a blue panda pop.

I'd like to think someone would do the same for me in the same circumstances.

Exactly Motown.

His backs knackered but beyond that he isn't in poor Health. I'm going to try and give him a little longer to see how his back is. Hopefully he has an uptick.

Surgery isn't even on the table. Not a money issue, simply not something I'd be willing to put him through.

I was unfair as they rarely charge the most they can, in general all of the vets we have ever used always manage to find treatment which comes in at just £1 or so under the minimum amount required to put it through insurance.

We have started to use a relation's farm vet as I now have precious little time for family vets.

The weather is shit, but it's sunny in the video...

[video=youtube_share;FIfbghHdG1s]http://youtu.be/FIfbghHdG1s[/video]

Slightly annoyed with one of Amazon's vendors.

I bought a used book for $1 a few weeks back, I was charged shipping of $20. I noticed on the order confirmation the estimated date of arrival is August so the feckers are really shipping it to me.

Not that arsed as the book was cheap but I feel I've been scammed with the shipping fee.

Busted. I got caught at work looking at the jug thread. :icon_redf I have had to promise not to do it again. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669