How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amused. Just been sat on a train from willesden junction to clapham junction next to a guy playing some sort of football manager game on his iPad and he was managing Leicester.

We have just won the European cup after beating Barcelona 2-1. He must be a City fan.

Amused. Just been sat on a train from willesden junction to clapham junction next to a guy playing some sort of football manager game on his iPad and he was managing Leicester.

We have just won the European cup after beating Barcelona 2-1. He must be a City fan.

Shows that NP isn't achieving what he should do with us. Boooooooooooo Pea Sun out.

Very grateful for one hour extra sleep tonight. 5 days in London, Leicester and B'ham took it's toll. Great fun though. AND.....,, drumrolls...... the first "in the flesh" Leicester City win for me last Saturday against Hudds. Nice. Bowie tribute band, Steven Wilson in Royal Albert Hall, Peter Gabriel in O2 Arena and Steve Hackett in Brummie made it a memorable trip. Very nice.

Oh, and some pubs.....

.....and some curry....

Last edited:
Very grateful for one hour extra sleep tonight. 5 days in London, Leicester and B'ham took it's toll. Great fun though. AND.....,, drumrolls...... the first "in the flesh" Leicester City win for me last Saturday against Hudds. Nice. Bowie tribute band, Steven Wilson in Royal Albert Hall, Peter Gabriel in O2 Arena and Steve Hackett in Brummie made it a memorable trip. Very nice.

Oh, and some pubs.....

.....and some curry....

Triple Nice I would say

It's been an interesting and emotionally exhausting week for me here in Arizona. Siouxsie alluded to 'Robin' in the Fulham match thread, so I thought I'd better share this on TB. I want to make it very clear that I am NOT asking any of you lot for money, but here's the easiest way to tell you the story... https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/7cyM7/ab/228kU3 (warning, if photos of sick puppies make you cry, better not click)

Bored, spending 5 hours at Birmingham Airport because of flight cancellation can do that though.

I have been cheered up whilst doing some proofreading by the following sentence, pertaining to a particular brand of industrial overalls:

"The Bolox has a set of instructions."

Mine don't, I just use them as I feel appropriate.

:icon_sad: Why was that? He looked as though he might be on the mend.

I suspect that there would have been irreversible and untreatable damage done to essential organs. Dessie needs to know that he did his best to help poor Robin and that nobody could have done more. Well done, Rich - and I'm sorry that you were only able to spend such a short time with your new mate.

Thanks everyone. Boc's right, and the same thing often happens to wildilfe that gets rehabbed - they look like they're on the mend because the basics of food and water have been restored, but the underlying problems are still there and come back to get them. In Robin's case (apologies to anyone with actual medical knowledge here, this is as best I can understand it) she probably had no chance of recovering from Tick Fever (Ehrlichiosis) which had damaged her blood and her body's ability to regenerate white and red blood cells and in particular, platelets. On Tuesday morning she looked unhappy, by the evening she was definitely unwell, and I rushed her to the emergency vet at night when it was apparent she wasn't just having a bad day. There wasn't anything that anyone could have done, her body had had enough and was basically shutting down, so it's just one of those things.

Poor little bugger, she didn't have much of a life, but at least I was able to make the last week a bit better than it would have been, alone in the desert. :icon_sad:

Thanks everyone. Boc's right, and the same thing often happens to wildilfe that gets rehabbed - they look like they're on the mend because the basics of food and water have been restored, but the underlying problems are still there and come back to get them. In Robin's case (apologies to anyone with actual medical knowledge here, this is as best I can understand it) she probably had no chance of recovering from Tick Fever (Ehrlichiosis) which had damaged her blood and her body's ability to regenerate white and red blood cells and in particular, platelets. On Tuesday morning she looked unhappy, by the evening she was definitely unwell, and I rushed her to the emergency vet at night when it was apparent she wasn't just having a bad day. There wasn't anything that anyone could have done, her body had had enough and was basically shutting down, so it's just one of those things.

Poor little bugger, she didn't have much of a life, but at least I was able to make the last week a bit better than it would have been, alone in the desert. :icon_sad:
And for that you deserve a lot of credit! :056:

Life is becoming a bit tough.

Everything seems to have a username and a password.

I have about 10 such usernames and passwords just for work. Simple solution use the same for each. This works for utilities, airlines etc I must be a hackers dream.

The work logins were all set up at different times and require resetting every 3 weeks. I spend more time at work on the phone to offshore IT helpdesks than doing work.

f'king madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570