How far would you go to watch LCFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utter crap if it happens. In fact, I'd boycott all things Premiership. How would decided who plays who for the 39th round of fixtures. Lunacy!

I'm waiting for the European League to start, won't have to go to Italy so often.

Utter crap if it happens. In fact, I'd boycott all things Premiership. How would decided who plays who for the 39th round of fixtures. Lunacy!

I'd probably do the same. In fact, if we got promoted and started playing a few games abroad, I'd probably begin to lose passion for supporting my team and start following a lower league side. If I can't see my team, in my city, then really, what is the point?

There is only so much us fans can take; they can only push us so far before many of us feck off altogether.

I'd probably do the same. In fact, if we got promoted and started playing a few games abroad, I'd probably begin to lose passion for supporting my team and start following a lower league side. If I can't see my team, in my city, then really, what is the point?

There is only so much us fans can take; they can only push us so far before many of us feck off altogether.

I went to Madrid and Vienna....

I went to Madrid and Vienna....

Yeah but that had feck all to do with watching footy, that was to meet Fernando and Hans your two latest 'victims' through your internet grooming for some European Bum Fun , you vile little man :icon_lol:

Last edited:

Agreed, but probably to be replaced by supporters who have no objection to the idea of football as pure entertainment product and can't even work out why anyone would object to maximising revenue generation (there appeared to be something of this in Mihir Bose's quote, and you can bet 'Spoony' will find it an exciting idea). Of course, the vast majority of such supporters will opt to follow a big club because they prefer to consume success, so where that leaves three quarters of the Prem is anyone's guess.

Agreed, but probably to be replaced by supporters who have no objection to the idea of football as pure entertainment product and can't even work out why anyone would object to maximising revenue generation (there appeared to be something of this in Mihir Bose's quote, and you can bet 'Spoony' will find it an exciting idea). Of course, the vast majority of such supporters will opt to follow a big club because they prefer to consume success, so where that leaves three quarters of the Prem is anyone's guess.

It's already happened. Football already makes more from its TV deals than it has ever made through the gate. The game is no longer for the benefit of the people that go to the match.

Yes we have plenty of them "badger in mating season and all of that crap"

Milan is keeping him away on this subject though because he tends to make a fool of himself some times in front of the press, he is funny though!
It's a shame that it has come down to our Chairman having to vindicate what Hollobrian has been saying about why he left, I dont mind him going to a better job and a bigger club but to lie about it is not on.

Have a good game i will enjoy it!

Quality stuff, have you got any more? Can I suggest Hollowdave and HollowBernard for starters?

Am I right in thinking that in theory (if Leicester and Derby were both in the Prem for insance) we could be playing a crucial game no where near the East Midlands?

Shocking

think i go far enough as it is...plymouth seems like a ****ing different country when you travel 500miles to get to the fecker so bollocks to anywhere far east

If this goes ahead i'll get a bebo account and commit suicide.

Last edited:
I'm very suspicious of this proposal in terms of its advantage to 'the big clubs'. There is clearly no way that a city will want the game that it has bid for to be something like Sunderland v Derby when another City has got Arsenal v Chelsea or Manchester Untied v Liverpool - so what do the Premier League intend to do to avoid that? Oh yes, they're going to seed it so the big clubs can;t play against each other.

Or - to put it another was, they are going to make sure that the big clubs each play against a smaller club - and hey presto, another three easy points comes their way. Wouldn't you just love to be the club that has the privilege of playing the shaggers three times this season?

How do they think of these things? How much more are they going to corrupt our game?

Arsenal v Spurs
Manu v Wigan

Chelsea v Reading

Everton v Birmingham

Liverpool v West Ham

Villa v Fulham

Man City v Derby

Blackburn v Newcastle

Portsmouth v Sunderland

Middlesborough v Bolton

I had a go with the help of Excel's random function at generating the ties randomly, separating the top 5 as they are now (the mrs is out and I am clearly quite sad). The result was the above. Man U and Chelsea clearly benefit the most out of these fixtures.

Under the terms of the proposal cities bid to host 2 of the ten games not specific games so each city would get one of the top 5 fixtures and one other over the weekend.

Would be gutting if you were an Arsenal fan and Man U pipped you to the title by a point. On the other hand you could argue there are 38 other games in the season to decide it.

Edited to add current proposal is no top 5 protection so if it was completely random potentially you could get 2 of the top 4 playing each other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670