How's the squad shaping up?

Hermansen made a decent save today. I've not seen much of the game but that save proves he's by far our best keeper.

For me, this makes the Hermansen signing even more ridiculous. We could have spent that money on an winger and then upgraded the goalkeeping position next season, or in January, or back end of this summer once we’ve cleared more out.

The fact we have more first team goalkeepers than wingers is crazy.
It was an entirely necessary signing. Not only is he good with hos feet, Iversen didn't look that much better than Ward. Stolarczyk looks better than Iversen and yes, we could have started with him but we'd still have needed a decent enough backup. As it happens, we have that in Stolarczyk now whilst the keeper we need for the system we play is installed and doing okay.

I don't care how many keepers we have, we needed a new one.

Hermansen made a decent save today. I've not seen much of the game but that save proves he's by far our best keeper.

He's definitely capable of making good instinctive saves. He has the sort of reactions that Schmeichel had a few years ago.

On the ball, he's essentially an outfield player. He was playing centre defence and was forty yards out of goal a lot of the time. He looks reassuringly calm and precise with his passing.

On the negative side, he flaps like a clown every time a cross comes in. He doesn't seem able to judge the flight of the ball very well so he'll come for it and it will sail over him or he'll desperately have to lunge to palm it away.

He's too small too. Officially, he's 6 foor 2 which is total bollocks. No way he's over 6 foot. He has the look of Kevin Poole about him in the goal.

My final criticism is his positioning. Occasionally, you'll look and he'll be in totally the wrong place. He'll get caught out with this.

He's definitely capable of making good instinctive saves. He has the sort of reactions that Schmeichel had a few years ago.

On the ball, he's essentially an outfield player. He was playing centre defence and was forty yards out of goal a lot of the time. He looks reassuringly calm and precise with his passing.

On the negative side, he flaps like a clown every time a cross comes in. He doesn't seem able to judge the flight of the ball very well so he'll come for it and it will sail over him or he'll desperately have to lunge to palm it away.

He's too small too. Officially, he's 6 foor 2 which is total bollocks. No way he's over 6 foot. He has the look of Kevin Poole about him in the goal.

My final criticism is his positioning. Occasionally, you'll look and he'll be in totally the wrong place. He'll get caught out with this.

Yeah I'm not sold on him. But he saved a shot, makes him our best keeper since Kasper for that alone.

On the negative side, he flaps like a clown every time a cross comes in. He doesn't seem able to judge the flight of the ball very well
Twice today he made excellent interceptions, once claiming the ball and once punching it well out of harms way. There were also a couple of flaps to be fair but nothing that really put us in trouble. He did very little wrong today. He does look smaller than a lot of our keepers but so what? Kalor Navas is 6ft on the dot. He's done alright. Hermansen is definitely that at the very least.

Who knows what he'll be like but, on the evidence of his first few games, I think he looks a good find. We'll have plenty of games to find out the answer anyhow.

I’m not saying it’s a completely unnecessary signing, and he probably is our best goalkeeper. But his signing has contributed towards us having shockingly bad wing options, and I’m not convinced it was a priority.

We know we’ve got a goalkeeper who’s more than adequate at this level (yes ok maybe not fully ideal the way we’re playing), but we don’t have any wingers who’s adequate at this level.

I’m not saying it’s a completely unnecessary signing, and he probably is our best goalkeeper. But his signing has contributed towards us having shockingly bad wing options, and I’m not convinced it was a priority.

We know we’ve got a goalkeeper who’s more than adequate at this level (yes ok maybe not fully ideal the way we’re playing), but we don’t have any wingers who’s adequate at this level.
I can see your point on this. Maybe Enzo wanted to build from the back first?

This is also why we needed to sign him this season - we know Ward, Iversen etc aren't good enough for the Prem, as well as not fitting our system. Would much rather give a new, young keeper time to adapt to England during our time in the Championship rather than knowing we have to sign someone if we get promoted. Keeper is an important position to have stability, and hopefully this guy learns a lot this year to improve but I like the look of him so far.

Smells of trolling yet again.
Why is any opinion different to yours called trolling?

We were so arrogant last season thinking we were too good to go down. And now just because we’ve had 3 less than convincing wins we think we’re good enough to mount a promotion challenge.

There absolutely should be a panic/scramble to do business. We’ve got loads of shite we need to get rid of, and we need a striker and a winger at the very least.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663