Huddersfield 4 - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We showed a lot of character to come back and win after being 1-0 and 2-1 down, and Huddersfield were the better team for the first 60 minutes. Thought Hobbs was extremelely dominant, Cleverley was pretty good once he'd settled in to RB - I wasn't all that impressed with him in the first half. Referee was so card happy, so eager to stamp his authority on the game with yellow cards. Gilbert's card was ridiculous as was the sending off.

We showed a lot of character to come back and win after being 1-0 and 2-1 down, and Huddersfield were the better team for the first 60 minutes. Thought Hobbs was extremelely dominant, Cleverley was pretty good once he'd settled in to RB - I wasn't all that impressed with him in the first half. Referee was so card happy, so eager to stamp his authority on the game with yellow cards. Gilbert's card was ridiculous as was the sending off.

Well as I said some HT fans after the game, if after he had stupidly kicked the ball away, earning him his first yellow, he hadn't turned round and shown the ref the finger he might have played out the rest of the 90 mins.

Well as I said some HT fans after the game, if after he had stupidly kicked the ball away, earning him his first yellow, he hadn't turned round and shown the ref the finger he might have played out the rest of the 90 mins.

For me the sending off just echoed his performance of the whole game, a silly little man trying to use his cards to obtain some authority over the players

From the commentary sounds like for 60 minutes we were average, then bossed the last half hour. Dare I say it, that's what champions do

That's a fair comment. Tbf I think Huddersfield were the best side we've played this season.

A good result for us. We were a bit complacent in the first half, and were lucky not to be losing. Huddersfield are the best side I have seen in this division so far, this season.

It was good to see city showing a bit of fire after going behind twice. If you forget the first half every player had a really good game, and I was very impressed with Cleverly on his home debut. Being asked to play to play in three different positions in two games is a big ask, and he did well in all three. I think putting Berner in midfield for the second half turned the game for us.

From the commentary sounds like for 60 minutes we were average, then bossed the last half hour. Dare I say it, that's what champions do
Glyn mate, 'twas Huddersfield. Nice result but try to keep a perspective.

thought huddersfield were good first half and best team i've seen down there. 2nd half i was disapointed with them.

i'm not hobbs's biggest fan but i thought he was immense today. top class. morrison was good too. we looked better when berner went in midfield, and cleverly went to RB. didn't see much of king today but who cares when we won. oakley, fryatt and howard were there usual steady selves. dyer still disapoints me but good awareness for 3rd goal.
thought martin should have saved their first goal. 2nd he had no chance quality finish.

I agree except for the part about the referee. I was the other side from Gilbert so I can't comment on that card. However, I had an excellent view of the Gary Roberts incident. He had seemed to be getting more and more wound up as the half went on - he was a card waiting to happen. The kicking of the ball out was unnecessary petulance and certainly deserved a card. The state he had got himself into he was bound to react to the yellow with a tantrum. As I say he had been building up to an incident right from the time we went ahead.

I agree except for the part about the referee. I was the other side from Gilbert so I can't comment on that card. However, I had an excellent view of the Gary Roberts incident. He had seemed to be getting more and more wound up as the half went on - he was a card waiting to happen. The kicking of the ball out was unnecessary petulance and certainly deserved a card. The state he had got himself into he was bound to react to the yellow with a tantrum. As I say he had been building up to an incident right from the time we went ahead.

Apparently he managed to hit someone in the crowd with that clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669