Huddersfield 4 - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great result. Great to see us come back from behind.
They looked the best team we've played in this league and was worried for a time that we would lose as we couldn't get our game flowing.

Hobbs was very excellent and Morrison good but we missed Tunchev because we hoofed the ball out of the back instead of finding the midfield.

Whilst Dyer isn't at his best he still provides a threat and something different.

Gilbert not at his best either but we can allow him a bad day as he has b=given us many good ones.

Glyn mate, 'twas Huddersfield. Nice result but try to keep a perspective.

Yes, and it's League One. So it's all relative. And in this league we look like champions.

Just you concentrate on parking the bus in front of your goal against the Arse tomorrow :icon_wink

Yes, and it's League One. So it's all relative. And in this league we look like champions.

Just you concentrate on parking the bus in front of your goal against the Arse tomorrow :icon_wink
Expecting to take the game to them. They don't like it up 'em. Gonna be rocking.

Thoguht we were pisspoor for the first half and about 10 mins of the second, as soon as Fryatt scored I honestly couldn't see not getting the three points.

There's been plenty pf times over the past few seasons where going behind like we did,we would've been lucky to scramble a draw, but they dug in and got the result, and WHEN we get promoted, I'll look back on this game as the one which was the key moment in the season.

Agreed. I was so bored in the first half.
Howard was disappointing, he looked like he just couldn't be bothered.
Cleverley seemed nervous in the first half but gained confidence in the 2nd.

There weren't even any decent coloured boots to comment on - well except for someone warming up but I couldn't see from my seat who it was. I didn't like their shirts much, a bit non-descript, not enough contrast with the pitch colour when the flood lights were on.

A good 3 points though.

Great result from an exciting game. Huddersfield tried to do what Millwall did and nearly got away with it. A very cynical team and two well taken goals.

Pearson deserves all the credit for changing things around. Putting Berner in the middle to add steel and Cleverley had a much better half at right back.

They were no match for us second half. Twelve men and they ****ed it up. :icon_wink

There weren't even any decent coloured boots to comment on - well except for someone warming up but I couldn't see from my seat who it was.

You must mean Maxi Gradels pink boots :icon_wink

60 minutes, awful, awful.

Them last 30 minutes were superb though. Applauds to the team for working as a unit and rising to the challenge. Hudds were worthy opponents but I agree with the cynical side of their play. They persuaded the ref to put Howard in the book. Two good goals which came off our inability to clear the ball.

Roberts deserved his red for being a twat everytime we committed a foul he was asking the ref for a booking to our player.

Hobbs had his best game in a Leicester shirt and deserved the goal. I'd say they all ranged in the 5-7 category for me. MOTM was the Lincolnshire gang I met before kick-off (Cleefox, Mrs.Cleefox and Biff) :038:.

Great result from an exciting game. Huddersfield tried to do what Millwall did and nearly got away with it. A very cynical team and two well taken goals.

Pearson deserves all the credit for changing things around. Putting Berner in the middle to add steel and Cleverley had a much better half at right back.

They were no match for us second half. Twelve men and they ****ed it up. :icon_wink

No they didn't.
Millwall stuck 11 players behind the ball, got forward sporadically and once getting their goal, did nothing but defend.

Used our get out of jail free card today

For sixty minutes they were by far the better side - head and shoulders above anything we have seen in this league this season. Fancy them for a definite play-off place if they can keep that up

Incredibly, though, they completey self-destructed - never seen anything quite like it, really. The positive thing is that we were able to step up and take advantage of it, and we murdered them in the last quarter of the game

Top notch entertainment.

Apart from the first 15 minutes, Hobbs was truly outstanding - an immense display in every way. Morrison looked steady again too

King had an absolute shocker, and I thought Fryatt and Dyer were woeful until the tide had already turned. Thought Cleverly was a wee bit shit, but it's all opinions, ain't it ?

But we are going up, now, aren't we ?

Last edited:
No they didn't.
Millwall stuck 11 players behind the ball, got forward sporadically and once getting their goal, did nothing but defend.

Other teams have done that I was referring to the fact that they are obviously in form with some quality in there yet they came to frustrate and annoy. Time wasting from the minute the match kicked off.

It was reminiscent of the Millwall match because they mixed spoiling tactics in with some moments of their own and, as I say, two very well taken goals.

It was reminiscent of the Millwall match because they mixed spoiling tactics in with some moments of their own and, as I say, two very well taken goals.

Couldn't disagree more

The best footballing side we have seen all season, by a country mile. They tried to play football from the off, and played it much better than we did for an hour

Millwall were just a bunch of clogging hoofball twats

I thought that Huddersfield started to fold before the first half was out. First 30 minutes, they were excellent and really dangerous. But after we equalised (rather luckily) and then started to find our own shape, they started to look less confident. At the start of the second half, especially with Mattock cancelling out Cadamarteri, they started to look nervous and were lucky to get their goal. But they never looked confident and once we equalised they looked like they were expecting to be beaten. And once we were in front, we really should have scored more than we did, they became that loose at the back.

Couldn't disagree more

The best footballing side we have seen all season, by a country mile. They tried to play football from the off, and played it much better than we did for an hour

Millwall were just a bunch of clogging hoofball twats

Not denying for a second Huddersfield played more football but that wasn't what I was saying. What stood out for me and was reminiscent of the Millwall game was the professionalism.

Mock Millwall all you want but they were excellent at what they did.

"The best footballing side we have seen all season, by a country mile"

If football is head tennis, Olympic diving, kung fu, garment grabbing, wrestling, speed, and sporadic talent, yes, I agree. They were spectacular in all those areas.

But it isn't that, is it?

It was the best competitive match all season, but that's a different thing. And we won.

So what does that say?

I agree except for the part about the referee. I was the other side from Gilbert so I can't comment on that card. However, I had an excellent view of the Gary Roberts incident. He had seemed to be getting more and more wound up as the half went on - he was a card waiting to happen. The kicking of the ball out was unnecessary petulance and certainly deserved a card. The state he had got himself into he was bound to react to the yellow with a tantrum. As I say he had been building up to an incident right from the time we went ahead.

He has the arse all second half. Only a few minutes before his sending off he tried to hit the ball out of the ball boys hand to stop us taking a quick throw-in.

Good second half display that I just didn't see coming at half time. All summed up today with the chant "stand up for the champions"

I suspect this puts us over the top to be honest. For a fact it puts us 18 points clear of Leeds, which gives me a warm, fuzzy, feeling inside.

MK Dons drop a few points here and there and we are laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669