Pre Match Hull City v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will pass this technical stuff onto our new manager.Good to have a mole deep under cover.Keep up the good work

You'll be back in the Championship before you have a new manager with the owner's Hull have got.

You were taught correctly. Show them inside, as they say.
Well, it wasn't Mr.Ranieri's gospel last season. Guide them outside and let them cross, then Huth and Morgan dealt with every cross. (Didn't work so well against Zlatan yesterday though)

Well, it wasn't Mr.Ranieri's gospel last season. Guide them outside and let them cross, then Huth and Morgan dealt with every cross. (Didn't work so well against Zlatan yesterday though)

I'm not sure if this was our plan, I think so many players wanted to avoid getting near Kante with the ball that they always insisted on going outside.

Hull have no manager, sold there player of the season, have a huge injury crisis and are pretty poor even before all this.

Should be a guaranteed 3 points.

All of that makes me all the more nervous.

Hull have no manager, sold there player of the season, have a huge injury crisis and are pretty poor even before all this.

Should be a guaranteed 3 points.
Stop making me worried!

We've had a really tough pre-season. Kante is an absolutely huge loss and we don't know how to deal with it. Hull have nothing to lose and will play out of their skins. 3-1 to Hull Tigers.

You were taught correctly. Show them inside, as they say.

That then suggests that us playing both our attacking wide men on the 'wrong' sides make them easier to defend against, when that patently isn't true. When they show Albrighton inside, he can cross with his right foot, when they show Mahrez inside, he creates havoc.

I do get the advantage of using inverted wide players from an attacking perspective but I still don't see the benefit for us defensively.

That then suggests that us playing both our attacking wide men on the 'wrong' sides make them easier to defend against, when that patently isn't true. When they show Albrighton inside, he can cross with his right foot, when they show Mahrez inside, he creates havoc.

I do get the advantage of using inverted wide players from an attacking perspective but I still don't see the benefit for us defensively.
I would think players on the 'wrong side' have a tendency to play more narrow (move inside onto their favoured foot) and therefore a team is more compact in the centre of the field.

I don't necessarily understand the benefit of that either, but you are taught to show an attacker infield, rather than down the wing. That's the bit I was agreeing with.

Anyone fancy this? Just been offered a couple of tickets by a friend. I'll drive but you need to stump up cash (£30 + fuel)
Going from Leicester.

Anyone fancy this? Just been offered a couple of tickets by a friend. I'll drive but you need to stump up cash (£30 + fuel)
Going from Leicester.

Having met you for 10 minutes about 5 years ago, I certainly wouldn't want to spend an entire afternoon in your company. But then I really fancy seeing this so I'll take one!

So much of an away banker that it goes full circle and become a home win.

This is football.

Albrighton is key he adds balance to the team attacking and defensively he was our most considtent player last season, amazing how under the NP era we were screaming for Albrighton to start!

amazing how under the NP era we were screaming for Albrighton to start!

It's not amazing. He clearly showed in the run-in under Pearson that he was worthy of a place in the starting 11. Thtoughout last season he consistently showed his value to the team and why he deserved to be starting each game. But time moves on. And while I still think he is an important member of the squad I believe it is time to give Gray a run in the team. Potential is only ever going to stay just that if it is never given the chance to blossom.

Valencia wouldn't have got by Albrighton as easily as he did Gray to set up Zlatans goal.

Personally I think we'll see Gray in the games we expect to be on top in and Albrighton for the tougher, backs to the wall games.

Both well worth of their squad places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670