Pre Match Hull City v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hull may be woefully short of numbers squad-wise, but they've a relatively decent starting 11 with the advantage that this team have played practically a full pre-season of playing matches and gaining fitness together. They've also been speaking of a siege mentality and a strong team spirit amongst themselves.

Jakupovic

Elmohamady Livermore Davies Robertson

Snodgrass Meyler Huddlestone Clucas

Hernandez Diomande

And Mike Dean is the ref.

"Phelan could not help but laugh when asked if he and his players felt ready to face Leicester."

"With the squad size we haven't been able to do anything over physical in training to avoid injuries."

Not a hope in flip are this shambles going to mount anything like a proper opposition to us. They're slow, they're dispirited, they fear injury and they've got the backing of a Tiger Army [grrr grrr] who'll be spending the game bitching and moaning. Total joke of a club.

It's not that we'll win - it's how many we'll win by.

Hark at these classless glory club fans

Has there ever been a worse-prepared Premier League side than promoted Hull City? Almost a month after Steve Bruce walked out in despair they still lack a permanent manager and will be under the caretaker stewardship of Mike Phelan when Leicester City visit the KC Stadium on Saturday.

The failure to make a single signing this summer has been exacerbated by an injury crisis and the sale of Mohamed Diamé, an influential midfielder and arguably Hull’s best player, to the Championship side Newcastle United.

It leaves Phelan with 13 fit senior professionals – including two goalkeepers – and Hull fans planning protests against the owners, the Allam family, this weekend. With Assem Allam, the owner, seriously ill, Hull is being run by his son Ehab, who seems anxious to sell up and is in advanced talks with a Chinese consortium.

Yet any takeover is almost certainly weeks away and there is no sign of reinforcements to compensate for the injury-induced loss of the first-choice goalkeeper Allan McGregor, plus Michael Dawson, Alex Bruce and the right-back Moses Odubajo for a collective 21-month total.

With another centre-half, Harry Maguire, struggling for fitness, Jake Livermore, a midfielder, is set to start in central defence against Leicester, alongside Curtis Davies, Phelan’s sole fit orthodox stopper.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/aug/11/hull-city-worst-ever-premier-league-pre-season

To me with everyone expecting an easy win, I can't help but think we'll absolutely dominate the game and play some fantastic football but end up losing 2 nil to a Curtis Davies header from a set piece and then a Robert Snodgrass stunner late on.

Normal service to resume for Leicester calling in at Dissapointment, Shooting Ourselves In The Foot Central, Champions League Interchange and Shattered Dreams Parkway.

I remember a first game of the season, at home, to Bolton.
0-4 at half time, knew we were going to get relegated, after just 45 minutes of a brand new season
That is how I want Hull to feel tomorrow

I'm excited but nervous. Seems such an obvious Leicester win that I just don't know...

Curse of the early game?

Get an early goal though and Hull should fall apart

We should go after these like a rabid spider monkey early on. Scare the shit out of them early doors.

If we let them linger or get to half time with a foothold on the game their belief will grow.

Ruthlessness needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670