Pre Match Hull City v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
L
Valencia wouldn't have got by Albrighton as easily as he did Gray to set up Zlatans goal.

Personally I think we'll see Gray in the games we expect to be on top in and Albrighton for the tougher, backs to the wall games.

Both well worth of their squad places.

So Gray to start a against Dull!

Having sold one the previous tickets, I now have one concession ticket spare (18 or under, 65(I think) or over). This will be sold for a heavily discounted rate if you happen to know someone who needs it. PM me, I will be leaving from Leicester Saturday morning.

Schmeichel
Simpson Hernandez Morgan Fuchs
Mendy Drinkwater
Mahrez Okazaki Musa
Vardy

Let's be avin it!!

I think the same team, except I have Gray starting instead of Mendy. Blast them with pace from the first whistle!

So 1 central midfielder?!

Isn't that what you have in a 4-3-3 formation?

2 fast wingers, Vardy and Musa up top in the middle with Mahrez just behind them.

Drinkwater can push it wide either side, over the top or short pass to Mahrez.

Simples.

2 fast wingers, Vardy and Musa up top in the middle with Mahrez just behind them.

Simples.

No not really, at all.

You play 3 central midfielders with 2 of your front 3 providing width. Which is why we won't play that formation. Also Mahrez just goes missing if he doesn't play as a right sided midfielder/winger.

Simples.

Err no you have 3, not 1.

Our central midfield is going to struggle enough without Kante as it is. Having Drinky on his own there is suicidal.

Simples.

No not really, at all.

You play 3 central midfielders with 2 of your front 3 providing width. Which is why we won't play that formation. Also Mahrez just goes missing if he doesn't play as a right sided midfielder/winger.

When I have seen him play in the 2 or 3 games where he played the Rooney 10 role, he looked lethal with only 1 defender to beat instead of the 3 when he is coming in from wide right.

& so it begins...the defence of the miracle.We've all enjoyed the most fabulous,glorious moments of our football fan lives.
For me personally the 2nd of May 2016 was the end of 40 years of mostly disappointment & frustration.

It was worth every ****ing minute of it!

But now...the clock resets to zero.

Everything we've achieved is now the stuff of future reminiscence.Stories to be told as old men & women to those too young to have seen it.

The question is...do those stories begin with "I remember when we did it" or "I remember the first time we did it" ?

Are we at the beginning of an new era of undreamed of achievement,considered impossible by even the most ardent of fans?
Or are we going to be Blackburn 2.0, 20 years on?

Either way,we shouldn't be finding out this weekend.

Because to be brutally honest...even if we're not up to the mark we should be able to absolutely annihilate the festering pile of steaming dogshit that is Dull Shitty.I'll be extremely unhappy if we win by less than 3.I want it over as a contest by half time.The perfect start.We've got a tough run of opening games & need to get off to a flyer.
We're ****ing champions.Lets play like champions.

Tear them a new arsehole lads....& then fist **** it.

I've got money on them to go down in a relegation treble.

When I have seen him play in the 2 or 3 games where he played the Rooney 10 role, he looked lethal with only 1 defender to beat instead of the 3 when he is coming in from wide right.

From memory Ranieri only tried it 2/3 times last season and Mahrez might as well not have been on the pitch.

****ing hell! Has anyone seen the match odds?

You can get 11/10 for us to win!! :eek:

Unreal.

Better than Evens for a team that won the Prem by 10 points to beat a newly promoted side that scraped through the play-offs in unconvincing fashion,without a manager & who may well have to name the tea lady on the bench.

**** me.

They just will not believe will they? Even now.

I minted it last season backing us in games.Even when we were flying it was like picking up free money.

For comparison Man City are massive odds on to beat Sunderland.

I normally never bet on matches until mid September as a matter of almost religious principal but bloody hell that's tempting.

From memory Ranieri only tried it 2/3 times last season and Mahrez might as well not have been on the pitch.
Generally I agree. He even swapped him with Schlupp, in one game, with Jeff moving to the 10 role, so Mahrez could move out wide.

Having said that, against Norwich, when they were intent on sitting back, it was Mahrez, in the 10 role, who really unlocked their defence for the winning goal.

Generally I agree. He even swapped him with Schlupp, in one game, with Jeff moving to the 10 role, so Mahrez could move out wide.

Having said that, against Norwich, when they were intent on sitting back, it was Mahrez, in the 10 role, who really unlocked their defence for the winning goal.

Mahrez just passed the ball to Albrighton for the cross. I don't remember him doing much other than than that.

If anyone needs some motivation for the new season, this will do it... One of my favourite clips from last season and should be shown to everyone writing us off this year:

For me, I'd go for this starting line-up:

Schmeichel
Simpson, Hernandez, Morgan, Fuchs
Mahrez, Mendy, Drinky, Albrighton
Musa, Vardy

Possible Shinji to start in Okazaki's place though...

Use Gray's pace off the bench in the second half to replace Albrighton (which is also why I'd consider starting Musa on the bench). Blistering pace is even more effective when their defence is tiring!

I'm nervous because we should so clearly win it. I'll take any win to start the season, but I'm going 4-1 to the Foxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669