Pre Match Hull City v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez just passed the ball to Albrighton for the cross. I don't remember him doing much other than than that.
He was the one finding any space between their midfield and back line. Up to him moving there, Norwich had successfully stifled us by pushing onto Kante and DD. It may "just" have been a pass, but it's about the space he found and how he used it, in that game. There were other occasions I that second half where he found good positions, even if nothing came of it.

Generally I agree with your point, as I said. I just wanted to point out the one occasion I could particularly remember it working, though.

With Mahrez the small sad fact is his inconsistency wherever he plays on the park.

The trouble is, we let him take on one too many defenders sometimes, just for that moment of match winning magic - the unstoppable goal against Chelsea, the sublime back heel pass to Andy King etc, etc.

The very same one. Just because he is brilliant does not mean he is perfect.

How many times have you shouted at the TV, or from the stands, when he takes on the fifth defender when there is an easy pass on?

How many times have you shouted at the TV, or from the stands, when he takes on the fifth defender when there is an easy pass on?

I don't think I have. I absolutely love it when he goes for it, we were crying out for a player like him in the early 2000s. 'TAKE HIM ON' regularly bellowed at the likes of Josh Low and co. We've finally got someone who hasn't got any fear.

I can't ever recall wanting to change him. One of the great things that Ranieri did was to just tell him to play last season. We got the best out of him by doing so.

That is in contrast to Pearson yelling at him to track back the previous season.

There is a reason why he flourished under one and not the other.

I can't ever recall wanting to change him. One of the great things that Ranieri did was to just tell him to play last season. We got the best out of him by doing so.

That is in contrast to Pearson yelling at him to track back the previous season.

This was the tactic we used for Steve Guppy. He was extremely limited in his defence, but we all know what he was capable of further up the pitch.

I would also partly put that down to Kante - having him in the team allowed Mahrez to be more of a "luxury player".

Agreed. With Kante mopping up behind, Mahrez and all our players can confidently play without fear of making a mistake.

I love the fact that Ranieri encourages everyone to have a shot at goal, not to necessarily try to work it to Vardy or Mahrez.

If we're dropping Riyad shall we also give Chilwell the nod over one of the best left backs in the league?

Mahrez does go missing sometimes but there are also times that he's ineffective where it isn't really his fault as the opponent's try to double up on him. In these instances he needs to bring his team mates into the game more rather than try and dribble through an armada of defenders.

Have people forgotten how poor we defended the first half of last season. Kante played then too. Im sure Ranieri will get the balance right.

Have people forgotten how poor we defended the first half of last season. Kante played then too. Im sure Ranieri will get the balance right.

That was only because the entire team was tearing up the pitch trying to score a goal like a bunch of Under 10s.
Once Ranieri showed Morgan and Huth the halfway line and said "Thou shalt not pass, except for corners and free kicks into the box", everything then calmed down a bit.

That was only because the entire team was tearing up the pitch trying to score a goal like a bunch of Under 10s.
Once Ranieri showed Morgan and Huth the halfway line and said "Thou shalt not pass, except for corners and free kicks into the box", everything then calmed down a bit.

Yeh i know. So not all because of Kante then.

This lot are rudderless and clueless.

Almost certainties for the drop.

1-5, if Hull are lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675