Hull post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, how do you justify this statement?

From every game I've watched this season and the results so far, I'd say we fully justify the league position and none of the squad bar Fulop have shown that they are better than this.

Its my opinion that our squad is at least capable of mid table mediocrity, the likes of Fulop Kisnorbo Clemence Hume and Fryatt are of better quality than alot of other squads, its all not working very well i will be the first to admit :icon_cry:

The gap between the prem and championship is huge compared with the champ/ lge 1. Forest suffered a culture shock their 1st season in lge 1, but they have improved and will be back with a side thats winning again. When sides get promoted they often carry that confidence into the higher division. This is why i wonder whether we need to hit rock bottom before we take steps forward again.

For what its worth I think that we'll suffer an even greater one if we go down mate.

You've just got to look at the panic round here and on the moan ins "first time the clubs been in the 3rd tier of football" etc.
There's no way anyone at the club would be able to escape the backlash, and we'll still be stuck with many of the same players because of the length of their contracts.

They get booed now by many if they're deemed not to have performed, what will happen to the poor bleeders if they get us sent down? It wont be pretty :icon_cry:

Its my opinion that our squad is at least capable of mid table mediocrity, the likes of Fulop Kisnorbo Clemence Hume and Fryatt are of better quality than alot of other squads, its all not working very well i will be the first to admit :icon_cry:
I 'feel' they should be better too - but they aren't.

I 'feel' they should be better too - but they aren't.

They've proven against Chelsea, Villa and, dare I say, Watford that they can do better. It's a mystery to me why they aren't.
:icon_conf

They've proven against Chelsea, Villa and, dare I say, Watford that they can do better. It's a mystery to me why they aren't.
:icon_conf
Villa and Watford conspired to lose their matches while Chelsea gifted us goals by coasting.

None of those matches act as a weather vane to true form or potential of the squad - it can only be assessed by watching them play over the months...and that inexorably draws us to but one conclusion: We are shite and the players are not good enough.

IH can guff on all he wants about them needing to feel loved & wanted and that they just need help on the pitch to be better. In order to find the ideal squad shape they just need dumping in a f*cking compactor.

I think it was a very small minority who held his f*r*st connections against him, the media made more of it than it was.

My dislike of Megson was mainly down to the style of football he'd played previously, partly due to his reputation of being a bully.

If I'm going to watch a bunch of crap players I at least want them to be trying to win games and go down fighting, than to play for 0-0 and surrendering if we went behind.

Did you go to any of the games we played under Megson?

It was the most dour football I've seen for a long time. I would have stopped going to matches if he'd stayed in charge.

Our current predicament is mostly (as IH has pointed out) down to the crap recruitment policy in the summer. We all knew a creative central midfielder was a big priority, why we didn't sign one is a mystery. We can blame the strikers, but they've had crap service all season, and all strikers will suffer a dip in confidence if they're not seeing the ball.

Would you rathr dull football and safety or attacking football or a relegation scrap.Not trying to be a smartarse,Its a honest question.just wondered:102:

Would you rathr dull football and safety or attacking football or a relegation scrap.Not trying to be a smartarse,Its a honest question.just wondered:102:

I'd prefer a third option. Attacking football and an improved latter half of the season. But what we get is anyone's guess. :icon_conf

I
Did you go to any of the games we played under Megson?

It was the most dour football I've seen for a long time. I would have stopped going to matches if he'd stayed in charge.

QUOTE]

No I didn't I stayed away largely for the reason above.

I have been to games under Holloway - and it's hard work!

Any score in the Norwich match yet?

I still believe the two centre backs and the goalkeeper we have are as good as any in this division. QUOTE]

I would agree with you on that. The problem is as it always has been since relegation is that we have had a truely pathetic midfield. We also seem to suffer from a classic case of "trapped in a bottle syndrome" were results just continue to spiral out of control no matter whos playing or whos in charge.

I would always want us to play matches trying to win, defensive football bores me to death and I don't like any team playing that way, I'm not going to change my opinion just because there's a chance it might be a bit more successful. If that's the only way to stay up I'll stay at home instead.

We got seven points from seven games under Megson, which is slightly better than Holloway has done from the same number of games, but is still relegation form. But I have more belief that IH can turn it around than I did with Megson.

I would always want us to play matches trying to win, defensive football bores me to death and I don't like any team playing that way, I'm not going to change my opinion just because there's a chance it might be a bit more successful. If that's the only way to stay up I'll stay at home instead.

We got seven points from seven games under Megson, which is slightly better than Holloway has done from the same number of games, but is still relegation form. But I have more belief that IH can turn it around than I did with Megson.

My last post on this matter.Do you not think that Megson may have played that way when he was here because with the players at his disposal that was the best way he thought we could acheive results.When January came along he may have brought in players that allowed him to play a more attractive style...But its all ifs and buts and he's not here,so I'll shut up about it before someone tells me to and rolls their eyes at me.....:icon_roll

imo opinion it is hard to defend this set of players they have now had several managers who have failed to get a run of results or to get them to play anything like decent football, and 7 of those that started today were here last season when we escaped relegation with 2 games to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669