Hypocrite Holloway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian Prior of The Guardian:

"Major - and boy do I mean it - football exclusive coming up on guardian.co.uk sometime around 5.30."

Could it be Holloway gone?

Bit about a pending £40million pound bid for Gareth Bale.

Boring..............

It's not unusual for that to happen, particularly with selling clubs like Blackpool.

For a club like Blackpool to survive financially (when they're not in the Prem - which I'm sure wasn't anticipated when the contract was drawn up) they need to sell players, so they want the manager to be able to sign players that can be sold on for a profit, or develop young players that can be sold.
So I don't see any problem incentivising it. As long as it's linked to performance in some way. So for example if he sells players and they get relegated he won't get the money.

Absolutely agree, and as Holloway himself has said, he's on a bigger bonus for keeping them in the Premier League than anything he could expect to get from selling Adam.

It is a farce, what is the limit on the number of changes a manager can make then? Why name a 25 man squad if you can't use it?

It is a farce, what is the limit on the number of changes a manager can make then? Why name a 25 man squad if you can't use it?

I completely agree. Absolute nonsense. They don't fine man utd for fielding weakened sides.

That said I hate the way, as usual, holloway turns it into a vehicle for his own publicity. I would love it if Blackpool did accept his resignation.

I completely agree. Absolute nonsense. They don't fine man utd for fielding weakened sides.

That said I hate the way, as usual, holloway turns it into a vehicle for his own publicity. I would love it if Blackpool did accept his resignation.

Even if he did not get a Premiership job there are a lot of Championship clubs who would love to have a manager as good as Holloway. We are lucky we are one of the few clubs whose manager is even better.

There is a lot of hatred aimed toward Holloway. This is foolish since to hate something is to give it power over you.

If you cannot like Holloway the answer is to wish him luck and move on concentrating on those people you do like. I cannot like Neil Warnock so he does not bother me and I can concentrate on people like Harry Rednapp, Martin O'Neill and Ian Holloway who I do like - oh and of course Sven as well.

If you cannot like Holloway the answer is to wish him luck and move on concentrating on those people you do like. I cannot like Neil Warnock so he does not bother me and I can concentrate on people like Harry Rednapp, Martin O'Neill and Ian Holloway who I do like - oh and of course Sven as well.

Good for you but I would really like to know in what way Harry Redknapp is likeable.

Good for you but I would really like to know in what way Harry Redknapp is likeable.

A good question. It may be because. like me, he is a bit old-fashioned and he reminds me of the old managers of the 1960s and 1970s - as do Dave Bassett, Sam Allardyce and Barry Fry all of whom I like.

There is also the YouTube video when he gets hit by a ball which I found very amusing.

A good question. It may be because. like me, he is a bit old-fashioned and he reminds me of the old managers of the 1960s and 1970s - as do Dave Bassett, Sam Allardyce and Barry Fry all of whom I like.

There is also the YouTube video when he gets hit by a ball which I found very amusing.
Noted first-century cult leader on a three-wheeled velocipede. You've named three of the most instantly dislikable people in all football.

Yeah. Bassett, Allerdyce and Fry are all detestable people who stick to some decaying culture and play really ugly football.

David, nostalgia is one thing, but I really don't understand how you can sentimentalise managers in that ilk. Their football is hideous to watch and their "man management" style generally revolves around bullying their players like a Victorian school teacher.

I don't know how you can mention those managers as likeable. I would say an instinctively likeable managers is someone like Pepi Guardiola, who always comes across as a gentleman and a really nice person off the pitch, whose team plays some of the most scintillating football in the history of the game and whose management style is one based around intelligence and tactical nous rather than yelling his players into submission.

I would find a very likeable equivalent in English football would be someone like Sean O'Driscoll or maybe Gus Poyet (I haven't seen enough of his side to know, but he always comes across as a top bloke).

Last edited:
Noted first-century cult leader on a three-wheeled velocipede. You've named three of the most instantly dislikable people in all football.

Of course I have never met any of the three and people may be different in real life. I have always enjoyed a remark about Princess Diana that "The only people who disliked her were people who knew her."

There are very few people I dislike. I believe I am the only person in a nation of over sixty million people who actually likes Brian Sewell.

Of course I have never met any of the three and people may be different in real life. I have always enjoyed a remark about Princess Diana that "The only people who disliked her were people who knew her."
Not true :icon_wink
There are very few people I dislike. I believe I am the only person in a nation of over sixty million people who actually likes Brian Sewell.
I think you've mentioned it before...

This is foolish since to hate something is to give it power over you.

How exactly is this true if you do not know the person or likely will ever meet them? I can understand this phrase if it someone you know, but how exactly can Holloway have power over any random Joe in the street who will never meet him?

I hate celery, chicory and Camp coffee.

I found Camp Coffee had an unpleasant taste but that it is easy to avoid it.

How exactly is this true if you do not know the person or likely will ever meet them? I can understand this phrase if it someone you know, but how exactly can Holloway have power over any random Joe in the street who will never meet him?

I think Dennis w*s* was unpleasant. So rather than get tense by filling my head with images of him I prefer to fill it with thoughts of Leicester City victories, great architecture and Nigella Lawson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669