I wonder if anybody is the slightest bit interested whether it is Grayson or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It IS Grayson !

According to the Mirror.....Jewell didn't want to speak to Mandaric,i.e he had no interest in the job whatsoever:102:

Thought someone said he'd been interviewed :102:

God, there has been some shite stuff posted on here :icon_roll

i would say its more than a good comparison bearing in mind that adkins was their physio before taking over and got them automatic promotion whereas grayson 'only' mananged it thru the play-offs besides you only have to look at the league table to see who is clearly doing a better job :102:

It still doesn't alter the fact that the team was put together by Laws and therefore IMO a lot of the plaudits at this stage go to him.

We will have to wait until Adkins has been in charge for 18months to see how good a manager he is. It's one thing maintaining the success of the previous managers team, it's another thing entirely creating a successful team yourself, as T****r proved.

It still doesn't alter the fact that the team was put together by Laws and therefore IMO a lot of the plaudits at this stage go to him.

We will have to wait until Adkins has been in charge for 18months to see how good a manager he is. It's one thing maintaining the success of the previous managers team, it's another thing entirely creating a successful team yourself, as T****r proved.

which is why i eluded to giving grayson another year at blackpool just to see how he fares in this league

I agree but Grayson is hardly setting the League alight now he has moved up a Division and maybe at the moment he just isn't up to it and needs more time to find his feet

So, we are now 105 posts into this thread (unless someone gets in before this is finished) and where are we? Grayson is definitely the new manager - unless he turns it down due to MM wanting to keep Taggs & Burrows. This is being rushed because, after Saturday, MM doesn't have faith in Taggs and Burrows.
No, sorry I've just checked another thread it is definitely one from Reid, Royle or Souness. No, sorry it's Newell - no question; unless Jewll says, "Yes."

Why can't we be honest? We haven't got a clue until MM speaks.

which is why i eluded to giving grayson another year at blackpool just to see how he fares in this league

But in fairness much like Little and MON, Grayson has taken a struggling team and transformed them with a high influx of transfer activity, also like Boothroyd at Watford, Grayson has proved himself but has now hit a buffer more due to the constraints of the club than his own ability.

Little had never managed at this level and MON had very limited experience yet we took the gamble with them and hopefully the same will happen with Grayson.

So, we are now 105 posts into this thread (unless someone gets in before this is finished) and where are we? Grayson is definitely the new manager - unless he turns it down due to MM wanting to keep Taggs & Burrows. This is being rushed because, after Saturday, MM doesn't have faith in Taggs and Burrows.
No, sorry I've just checked another thread it is definitely one from Reid, Royle or Souness. No, sorry it's Newell - no question; unless Jewll says, "Yes."

Why can't we be honest? We haven't got a clue until MM speaks.
shut the forum down until an annoucement is made then :icon_roll Its what this site is for!

But in fairness much like Little and MON, Grayson has taken a struggling team and transformed them with a high influx of transfer activity, also like Boothroyd at Watford, Grayson has proved himself but has now hit a buffer more due to the constraints of the club than his own ability.

Little had never managed at this level and MON had very limited experience yet we took the gamble with them and hopefully the same will happen with Grayson.
Levein,Kelly they had never managed at this level.
Be honest though if he wasn't an Ex Player would you be championing him?

Last edited:

so where do you draw the line?? when do you start to blame the manager?? he has picked his players and told them what to do id say it was probably more his fault than the boards :102:

shut the forum down until an annoucement is made then :icon_roll Its what this site is for!

No, I am quite happy to discuss the potential merits of the candidates; it's the definite statements as to whom MM has chosen that drive me mad.

so where do you draw the line?? when do you start to blame the manager?? he has picked his players and told them what to do id say it was probably more his fault than the boards :102:

Come on YV, the quality of players you can attract are governed by the finances and size of club, all I am saying is that Grayson has done well with the resources available to him, at a bigger club with more pulling power and finance then I am sure he will do even better.

In answer to H's question I couldn't give a feck about where he has played previously I rate him as a manager and to be honest I also rate Dennis Wise regardless of his history !!!

Come on YV, the quality of players you can attract are governed by the finances and size of club, all I am saying is that Grayson has done well with the resources available to him, at a bigger club with more pulling power and finance then I am sure he will do even better.

In answer to H's question I couldn't give a feck about where he has played previously I rate him as a manager and to be honest I also rate Dennis Wise regardless of his history !!!

Why can't we attract any decent players then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00