I wonder if anybody is the slightest bit interested whether it is Grayson or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It IS Grayson !

No I know but it seems very late in proceedings to me to be thinking about approaching Cov for Dowie.

Out of the 2, I dont know. Possibly Dowie.

Maybe his first choice is unobtainable or it was Souness and he's going to Wigan...don't know:102:

Maybe his first choice is unobtainable or it was Souness and he's going to Wigan...don't know:102:

Maybe so. My impression was that Dowie has been his first choice since he came here but for one reason or another has been illusive.

if we cant attract Jewell i would go for Larry. i have a lot of mates who follow Blackpool and they will be devestated, ideal time fo Grayson to say "ive taken you as far as is possible i want to go home"

so would you be happy if we appointed sg and 3months later languishing in the bottom three and mm sacking him and starting this process all over again?

If that was what happened it would be as a consequence of the failure - quite different from advocating it as a course of action as you seemed to be doing.

The fact that he spoke to Sky after the match doesn't mean he won't come here.

I would be surprised if he does come - but that's because he doesn't fit what MM says he wants, unless he's changed his mind again.

Well as that happens every 10 minutes it's highly likely, if you went to the MM love in session & listened properly he answered 2 separate questions in the space of a few minutes that contradicted one another.

Im sorry, you will have to explain
Everybody has an opinion on who will make the better manager for our club.

Imo theres to much emphasis on the managerial appointment.

Like you say whos to know who will make a difference for us,from the names being tossed around.

Better players make for a better team.Thats why its allways Man u,Chelsea,liverpool and arsenal at the top.They have the better players.

The reason Avram Grant is 'doing so well',is not because hes a great manager,its because the team hes inherited is full of some of the worlds top players.

Whoever we get in at Leicester,needs to know one thing (which is obvious to me),we need better players.This might prove difficult because everybody is after the same group of 'quality' players that may/may not be available.

if we cant attract Jewell i would go for Larry. i have a lot of mates who follow Blackpool and they will be devestated, ideal time fo Grayson to say "ive taken you as far as is possible i want to go home"

Home ? You honestky think Grayson considers it 'Home'? He sees it as a Step up and I don't blame him for trying to take that step up for one minute but to say he is doing it because he wants to go 'Home' its a very romantic notion IMO

I think therein lies your problem. The only people we can get are failiures or young up and coming managers with something to prove. Personally I would rather have the manager who could be brilliant as opposed to one that definatley wont be but I see your point, I just dont think we can get a proven manager of worth.

It seems to me that of the teams from our level that have achieved some form of success, over the last few years, in the main, have done so with younger managers with something to prove.

Like you say whos to know who will make a difference for us,from the names being tossed around.

Better players make for a better team.Thats why its allways Man u,Chelsea,liverpool and arsenal at the top.They have the better players.

The reason Avram Grant is 'doing so well',is not because hes a great manager,its because the team hes inherited is full of some of the worlds top players.

Whoever we get in at Leicester,needs to know one thing (which is obvious to me),we need better players.This might prove difficult because everybody is after the same group of 'quality' players that may/may not be available.

I agree with this completely and this is why I would like to see a manager with contacts and a good reputation with the better players. They haven't had any incentive to come here because our managers up until now haven't had the "pull" to lure them here. That's why I would have liked Souness, but I suspect he'll be off to Wigan now.

I agree with this completely and this is why I would like to see a manager with contacts and a good reputation with the better players. They haven't had any incentive to come here because our managers up until now haven't had the "pull" to lure them here. That's why I would have liked Souness, but I suspect he'll be off to Wigan now.
:038:

Souness and his like know how to get players in.

Looking back at some of the numbnut managers weve had,and their 'pulling' power,theres no doubt in my mind why weve become an average club, playing average football, in an average league.

Who are the better players? The biggest reputation players we signed this summer were N'Gotty, Cort, Kishishev and Kaebi - just one of those has impressed. Like most clubs, we want a manager who can make players better and make them play as a team. Unfortunately that's a process that takes time and patience, which neither our chairman nor fans have, as opposed to, say, Reading, Watford or West Brom. I think Gary Johnson's first few months at Bristol City were pretty dicy too, he'd probably have got the boot or booed if he'd been here.

Whilst better players obviously make better teams, you'd be foolish to suggest that managers have no or little effect.

You can't tell me that Reading / Fulham / Birmingham have better quality in their squads than Spurs.

And of course you have to bring MON up in this debate. There's no way that Leicester had the players to merit being in the top 10 of the Prem four years in a row, but the manager got the best out of those players.

The manager is also the one who identifies quality players. Wenger has brought in a whole load of players who no-one else thought was any good, and then you've got Izzet / Lennon / Elliott / Savage etc. to add to the list.

Managers make a HUGE difference, especially at our level.

Who are the better players? The biggest reputation players we signed this summer were N'Gotty, Cort, Kishishev and Kaebi - just one of those has impressed. Like most clubs, we want a manager who can make players better and make them play as a team. Unfortunately that's a process that takes time and patience, which neither our chairman nor fans have, as opposed to, say, Reading, Watford or West Brom. I think Gary Johnson's first few months at Bristol City were pretty dicy too, he'd probably have got the boot or booed if he'd been here.

I'm talking about the youngsters from Prem teams, or the older ones that can't get in the first 11 at the moment. Megson managed to lure Collins John, I bet MA wouldn't have done. Probably wouldn't have wanted him. :icon_roll

Scott Sinclair from Chelsea just gone to QPR on 3 month loan. He is quality and would have been great for us, but we probably couldn't have got a look in with our managers so far. Except perhaps Megson. This game is all about who you know - look at Roy Keane, signing up and coming Man Utd stars and some older boys who know and respect him even though he had no managerial experience.

Whilst better players obviously make better teams, you'd be foolish to suggest that managers have no or little effect.

You can't tell me that Reading / Fulham / Birmingham have better quality in their squads than Spurs.

And of course you have to bring MON up in this debate. There's no way that Leicester had the players to merit being in the top 10 of the Prem four years in a row, but the manager got the best out of those players.

The manager is also the one who identifies quality players. Wenger has brought in a whole load of players who no-one else thought was any good, and then you've got Izzet / Lennon / Elliott / Savage etc. to add to the list.

IMO the manager is more important than the players, just look at how many times club's nosedive when a successful manager leaves, even if the squad stays intact. Let's face it, it was east to predict that both Bolton and Wigan would struggle this year after losing previously successful mangers.

Check where Spurs are at the end of the season in relation to those mentioned.

While you will allways get exceptions to the case,as in MON.The likes of Man u etc consistantly spend millions upon millions year in year out to dominate the league and cups.

Mon never dominated anything,and never will.

IMO the manager is more important than the players, just look at how many times club's nosedive when a successful manager leaves, even if the squad stays intact. Let's face it, it was east to predict that both Bolton and Wigan would struggle this year after losing previously successful mangers.
I see big Sam with a big budget is struggling at toonside.

Boltons players attitudes determins where they are in the league.A case of to many chefs at that club.As for wigan their MON has left and now they do what we did and end up an average side.

If Grayson really did say goodbye to his players yesterday I'm sure it would have leaked and been mentioned on Blackpool sites by now. But the only posts I can see about this on Blackpool sites have been made by Leicester fans.

Thats because this is all a loan of bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00