I wonder if anybody is the slightest bit interested whether it is Grayson or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It IS Grayson !

No, I am quite happy to discuss the potential merits of the candidates; it's the definite statements as to whom MM has chosen that drive me mad.

Why?

Surely it's the fact that you can't differentiate between the fact and the fantasy that is driving you mad. Two people have written fact in this thread - but it is hidden behind all the comment, criticism and fantasy. Doesn't alter the fact though.

Because Mandaric is shite at picking players :icon_lol:

Grayson has picked some decent players I give you that,Houlihan is a fine player, but you can't hide from the fact that they have won just 2 games this season and languish in the Relegation Zone.That to me would signal that he is struggling with the level of football at the moment,I don't expect you to agree but can you at least see my point?

Come on YV, the quality of players you can attract are governed by the finances and size of club, all I am saying is that Grayson has done well with the resources available to him, at a bigger club with more pulling power and finance then I am sure he will do even better.

In answer to H's question I couldn't give a feck about where he has played previously I rate him as a manager and to be honest I also rate Dennis Wise regardless of his history !!!

i respect your opinion but im not really excited about the possibility of this happening..we shall have to see :icon_wink

which is why i eluded to giving grayson another year at blackpool just to see how he fares in this league

You may well be right.

Allthough we do have to chose someone and I personally would like to see us go for a young guy with potential rather than the tired has been's which seem to be on offer, and SG seems to be one of the best young guys.

You may well be right.

Allthough we do have to chose someone and I personally would like to see us go for a young guy with potential rather than the tired has been's which seem to be on offer, and SG seems to be one of the best young guys.

i can see where youre coming from but on the flip side of giving someone with potential a crack of the whip is that he could fall well short i suppose the dilemna is whether you take that risk :102:

You may well be right.

Agree with that.

Not ideal but potnetially one of our better options if we are sure the likes of Jewell and Johnson are unobtainable

i can see where youre coming from but on the flip side of giving someone with potential a crack of the whip is that he could fall well short i suppose the dilemna is whether you take that risk :102:

I see that too but appointing someone who is a proven failiure also has risks.

which is why i eluded to giving grayson another year at blackpool just to see how he fares in this league

So you'd be happy to appoint somebody, expressly feeling that the appointment will only last a year, and then go this shameful merry-go-round again?

Additionally, if Larry does improve in that year, he won't be looking for an appointment at somewhere like Leicester!

I think the risk is worth taking because we can be fairly sure that the older has beens will not greatly improve our position and the more proven managers do not want the job.

I see that too but appointing someone who is a proven failiure also has risks.

i agree with that as well but i might be more inclined to go with someone who has a proven track record than someone who hasnt but like its been said appointing every manager has risks :102:

So you'd be happy to appoint somebody, expressly feeling that the appointment will only last a year, and then go this shameful merry-go-round again?

Additionally, if Larry does improve in that year, he won't be looking for an appointment at somewhere like Leicester!

so would you be happy if we appointed sg and 3months later languishing in the bottom three and mm sacking him and starting this process all over again?

yes sg might improve or he might not whos to say that in a years time that sg will be in the championship or league 1?

i agree with that as well but i might be more inclined to go with someone who has a proven track record than someone who hasnt but like its been said appointing every manager has risks :102:

I think therein lies your problem. The only people we can get are failiures or young up and coming managers with something to prove. Personally I would rather have the manager who could be brilliant as opposed to one that definatley wont be but I see your point, I just dont think we can get a proven manager of worth.

so would you be happy if we appointed sg and 3months later languishing in the bottom three and mm sacking him and starting this process all over again?

yes sg might improve or he might not whos to say that in a years time that sg will be in the championship or league 1?

Theres no say so with any manager. Theres just more chance he will be an inspired choice, whereas we know Reid or Royle wont be

I think Dowie has a bit of both and would be ideal.He's been there and done it but is still young enough to improve

Hmmmm, is it a coincendence that this "Outfox the fox" had posted this on the 23rd October:

"Yeah - good call. Little, Grayson & Taggart would bring some stability and 'City knowledge' to the club - and certainly create a more attractive team to watch !"

So basically what he wanted has suddenly become "true".

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69