Speculation If/When Enzo Goes, who do you want and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When one door closes another opens, for me Potter, Moyes or Robins will do a job, De Zerbi could start a fight in a convent apparently so not too sure on him. Next season will be down to recruitment and getting results and I think we are capable of nailing both.

Looking at the sides from 10th down does not fill me with dread and I would argue this current squad would more than hold its own. I just hope the board are factoring in everything in for next season, bring on the points deduction, if we recruit well we will be fine, the majority of the managers quoted so far are more than good enough to do a decent job for us.

No criticism from me at all. He's just secured his families financial future.

Also, I wonder how it will be viewed by our players. I wonder if they were all onboard with his approach.

It's well documented that the players like him and his methods. A lot. This is why it's such a problem for us. We have moulded and adapted our players and the way we approach games around a central philosophy which, for the most part, worked remarkably well. Other than some folk who hadn't the brains to understand it, most people could see that we were evolving into a very good side. Unless we get a manager in with a very similar philosophy, we will have to try and undo all that good work and ask the players to learn a whole new way of approaching games. That's a horrible situation for us to be in.

Going from no definable style of play to having a system which is meticulously planned and routinely practised is hard but it is much easier than going from a well drilled system that all of the players are on board with to a completely different philosophy under a new manager.

Like I say, this is a huge loss and the players will be very unsettled and probably quite angry about it.

Last edited:
That's assuming we get a 10 point penalty as that seems to be the most talked about figure.

Oh sorry, I didn't understand you meant us specifically. I thought you meant all the teams will be so good that 50 points will be required to stay up.

Or…. We now have a much more flexible squad of players,
Plan A- 80% possession, 200 passes, 60 minutes to score a goal.
Plan B - 20% possession, 2 passes, lump it to Vardy, 30 seconds to score a goal.
Simples!

Sorry but where has this 15 point shit come from? If we are getting hit for that, Chelsea’s accounts for the past 3 seasons show a loss of nearly a quarter of a billion more than us. They should get a 30 point deduction. **** it, following this logic, Man City should be dissolved with immediate effect.

I suppose the one redeeming feature of all this is that Rooney is now back in a job.

I’m gutted to see him go. I enjoyed last season, ultimately for the success and promotion that Maresca achieved but also for way he galvanised a broken squad and developed so many of the players and got so much more from them than we had seen previously. I fear the better players will be gutted by this and will be far less likely to stay and build their careers with us.

We were on a journey with Maresca, with a lot more development to come, continuing this journey was ultimately our best chance of overcoming any points deductions and establishing ourselves as a premier league club again.

I think the Maresca system, with a few additions, would have prospered in the premier league, where teams don’t sit back with 9/10 men behind the ball. Our best performances last season were against teams who also liked to monopolise possession, when we had the chance to pass through teams quickly and exploit space further up the pitch.

I don’t know weather our lack of support for Maresca had any impact on his decision to go but I do remember O’Neill being scarred by the fans criticism of him and never getting over it.

Finally hearing people who have slaughtered Maresca most of the season now criticise him for jumping ship at the first opportunity is hilarious.

100% agree.

As for Enzo, can you blame him? Chelsea is a huge club, he'll be competing for top 4/6, he'll be living in one of the world's best cities, he'll be working with top players and a good budget and he'll get paid a lot more.

He's done a great job bringing us back up. We lost Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Evans, Soyuncu, Castagne, Amartey, Perez and we didn't have a no.1 goalkeeper. We came down in a negative cloud, distraught and an absolute mess. Never forget that. We were a heap.

Enzo comes in, brings a modern philosophy, a freshness and a new attitude and thrives. Of course we had choppy moments but it was his first full season as a manager and as mentioned...we were a ****ing mess. He brings in Hermansen, his top target, who has been excellent overall. Finally we have a stable no.1 after Kasper. Winks, Fatawu, Mavididi, all crucial. Galvanised KDH, Ndidi, Vestergaard, and kept Vardy scoring.

All of the above and we won the ****ing league. Yes we had a purple patch but I look back and both Ipswich matches we dominated. Boro was super close both times and with better finishing, we'd have battered Leeds. We never got spanked.

This guy is a hero. One crucial season. Bang. Who knows how well he'd have done in the PL? We might have done great with a few additions. It's about time some of you put some respect on the job he's done and the last year. FFS. Some gratitude.

Thank you, Enzo, for the time you've spent here. Hopefully we find a manager who can continue your style of play (with a plan b!) And move us forward.

Better get in quick

Massive risk but could be amazing if he's a quarter as good as his father!

Probably worth it for a few Madrid fringe players on loan.....

It's absolutely essential that the new manager appointment is the correct choice.

- league status
- financial implications
- Vardy retention which will massively help us stay up.

We need a manager who's young, hungry and a total breath of fresh air OR a stalwart experienced boss who's been around the block and knows his shit. The number one thing we need is a manager with some ****ing bollocks and grit.

We could be in for a LONG season. Six to 15 points deduction according to The Telegraph. Probably little money to spend. One of the poorer squads in the league.

Crucially, the fans need to be first class as well. No unnecessary complaining. Behind the team at all times.

Buckle up comrades. It's Us vs Them.

I pick Moyes. I know the style is off. But he's super experienced, won more than 50 points for 3 of the 4 last seasons and is available for free.

Also his methods won't be rocket science. He plays wide, attacking football that's direct. Multiple formations, defensively flexible and also likes forwards who can press.

Failing Moyes, we might as well throw a dice IMO. Cifuentes? Corberán? Rosenior? Manuel bloody Pellegrini? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00