Speculation If/When Enzo Goes, who do you want and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll be nothing like 15. Not even half that unless there’s something very serious we still don’t know about

Hmm. Where to start?

Well, first off the appointment if it happens isn't really that much of a surprise. Enzo is a Pep graduate.

It's now part of the rules of football, along with offside & foul throws, that Pep disciples get to have a big job. Hoping that the magic rubs off. If Enzo had done the exact same job with us but had come here from, say, Spurs or Villa, he wouldn't be getting an interview at Chelsea in a million years.

The football equivalent of " I went to Eton so should absolutely be running the country "

" Here's a gazillion quids. Win us everything " Will be his simple instruction.

Who do we get ? **** knows ? But if anyone thinks Moyes is an option go get some therapy. The squad has spent the last year learning how to play possession football & then they're going to be asked to play under a manager who wants his teams to play as if the ball has leprosy ? **** off.

I'll wait for the genuine options to reveal themselves after the fantasy candidates have been ruled out.

As a postscript though...De Zerbi ? I don't think he's coming here but I wanted to mention him due to the baffling negativity on here.

Nobody dissing him has bothered to mention the most pertinent facts.

1) They had to manage a european campaign for the first time in their history this season. They did the first half of it very well. Topped their Europa group.

2) They did this with a small squad, that had been shorn of top players during the summer.

3) Said squad was then decimated by injuries for almost the entire second half of the season, including all of their best attacking options.

Under the circumstances it was a perfectly acceptable season.

So yeah, anyway, **** Chelsea.

Can't see it being as much as -15 and even if they did try and hammer us with that from the off there's a good chance it'd be reduced on appeal as they've kind of set a precedent with this season's Everton and Forest deductions. Goes without saying we can probably expect -6 at a minimum though.

If its 15 they are basically relegating us. It would make a farce of the season.

Hmm. Where to start?

Well, first off the appointment if it happens isn't really that much of a surprise. Enzo is a Pep graduate.

It's now part of the rules of football, along with offside & foul throws, that Pep disciples get to have a big job. Hoping that the magic rubs off. If Enzo had done the exact same job with us but had come here from, say, Spurs or Villa, he wouldn't be getting an interview at Chelsea in a million years.

The football equivalent of " I went to Eton so should absolutely be running the country "

" Here's a gazillion quids. Win us everything " Will be his simple instruction.

Who do we get ? **** knows ? But if anyone thinks Moyes is an option go get some therapy. The squad has spent the last year learning how to play possession football & then they're going to be asked to play under a manager who wants his teams to play as if the ball has leprosy ? **** off.

I'll wait for the genuine options to reveal themselves after the fantasy candidates have been ruled out.

As a postscript though...De Zerbi ? I don't think he's coming here but I wanted to mention him due to the baffling negativity on here.

Nobody dissing him has bothered to mention the most pertinent facts.

1) They had to manage a european campaign for the first time in their history this season. They did the first half of it very well. Topped their Europa group.

2) They did this with a small squad, that had been shorn of top players during the summer.

3) Said squad was then decimated by injuries for almost the entire second half of the season, including all of their best attacking options.

Under the circumstances it was a perfectly acceptable season.

So yeah, anyway, **** Chelsea.
Yep.

This has happened both quickly and with enough time for the club to assess their options.

If we fanny about with this appointment I’ll be furious.

For managers we are a free hit. We go down, it’s due to the points deduction, we stay up and you’re a wizard. You’ll be well compensated, supported by the chairman, and have at least a season to get your bearings.

We won’t be short of options despite what some think.

I would go for someone out of work though, no compensation and a variety of options.

So long Enzo thanks for the memories. But....
I don't think it's fair to compare him with some of our best managers. He literally had the best, most expensive squad in the division. Something no previous managers had. Everyone's being quite nice about him leaving. He's not getting any of scorn of previous managers who left for "bigger" clubs (although he hasn't lied, and is not a fat Scottish bastard).
I was never anti Enzo and enjoyed watching the Enzo way of possession football.....but, face it, his style of play, with our players, in the PL ..... it would have been a disaster. We would have been pants down, screwed. He will have the players in Chelsea to work his philosophy so good luck to him. However, I would probably take any of the names on the list over EM, before he even decided to jump ship. If you don't believe me, then ask Enzo, and why he's going.

I think he means we would need to achieve that total to compensate for the 10+ points deduction.

I’m gutted to see him go. I enjoyed last season, ultimately for the success and promotion that Maresca achieved but also for way he galvanised a broken squad and developed so many of the players and got so much more from them than we had seen previously. I fear the better players will be gutted by this and will be far less likely to stay and build their careers with us.

We were on a journey with Maresca, with a lot more development to come, continuing this journey was ultimately our best chance of overcoming any points deductions and establishing ourselves as a premier league club again.

I think the Maresca system, with a few additions, would have prospered in the premier league, where teams don’t sit back with 9/10 men behind the ball. Our best performances last season were against teams who also liked to monopolise possession, when we had the chance to pass through teams quickly and exploit space further up the pitch.

I don’t know weather our lack of support for Maresca had any impact on his decision to go but I do remember O’Neill being scarred by the fans criticism of him and never getting over it.

Finally hearing people who have slaughtered Maresca most of the season now criticise him for jumping ship at the first opportunity is hilarious.

No criticism from me at all. He's just secured his families financial future.

Also, I wonder how it will be viewed by our players. I wonder if they were all onboard with his approach.

No criticism from me at all. He's just secured his families financial future.

Also, I wonder how it will be viewed by our players. I wonder if they were all onboard with his approach.
I suspect that they will see it through the same money blinkered eyes in the way that they would behave if another club then came and offered to double their salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00