Speculation If/When Enzo Goes, who do you want and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the difference he made to both West Brom and Huddersfield, he's clearly capable. Seems to play the right way for the squad too

How would people feel about Steve Cooper?

How would people feel about Steve Cooper?
Our last Nottingham Forest import worked out OK.

He seems to have a good mindset and understanding of the game. I think he’d endear himself to the fans. Not sure he’s top of my list but I wouldn’t be devastated

It's absolutely essential that the new manager appointment is the correct choice.

- league status
- financial implications
- Vardy retention which will massively help us stay up.

We need a manager who's young, hungry and a total breath of fresh air OR a stalwart experienced boss who's been around the block and knows his shit. The number one thing we need is a manager with some ****ing bollocks and grit.

We could be in for a LONG season. Six to 15 points deduction according to The Telegraph. Probably little money to spend. One of the poorer squads in the league.

Crucially, the fans need to be first class as well. No unnecessary complaining. Behind the team at all times.

Buckle up comrades. It's Us vs Them.
Why little money? forgive my ignorance here but I thought the spending cap was imposed by the championship, we will receive a points deduction from the premiere league for legacy breaches, we should be able to spend a few quid when we come up?

Why little money? forgive my ignorance here but I thought the spending cap was imposed by the championship, we will receive a points deduction from the premiere league for legacy breaches, we should be able to spend a few quid when we come up?
The finance rules are over 3 seasons, so we have one season where the revenues were really down.

The cap on losses is reduced as well for teams that have just come up? Is that right?

Last time didn't we use the 'Fair cop Guv, here is £10 and a bag of marbles. Can we forget the points deduction now?' trick.

I think he could be a good option too. Id prefer him to Moyes
Also thinking slightly longer, if we were to get relegated due to the points deduction, we've got a manager who know the Championship well and could be more likely to stay longer term.

I think it could be a surprise name though, either another ex Man City coach or a manager that has come through the Red Bull clubs as the owners seem to like them.

Last time didn't we use the 'Fair cop Guv, here is £10 and a bag of marbles. Can we forget the points deduction now?' trick.
Unfortunately this time we’ve used the “f*** off we’re going to take you to court” trick which hasn’t exactly endeared us to the PL authorities. Hence the threat of 15 points. Everton and Forest’s was lower because they cooperated with the PL.

Unfortunately this time we’ve used the “f*** off we’re going to take you to court” trick which hasn’t exactly endeared us to the PL authorities. Hence the threat of 15 points. Everton and Forest’s was lower because they cooperated with the PL.
Why should we cooperate when there are two clubs whose FFP breaches are hundreds of millions of pounds more than ours and yet the footballing authorities remain silent?

They will argue that those cases are complicated and are still under investigation, but this is merely a vehicle to keep any decision in the long grass and enable a rule change at some point to negate any sanction that would have to apply now.

But their deductions were no where near 15 points and whilst effectively telling them to **** off isn't the most amicable thing to do, there is nothing in the rules that allows for further punishment just because we didn't bend over and take it.

I think Everton had the most servere penalty of 10 or 8 points which was reduced for them bending over and parting their cheeks.

There is no precedent for a 15 point deduction, plus we aren't going to take it lightly so I'd imaging this will drag on for most of the season as I do not believe there is a set deadline for the hearing as this offence occurred before the rules changed to ensure punishment was given in the same season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00