If you hate Holloway - read this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said. To hate anyone is to give them power over you. I have nothing but respect for Ollie as a man but give my support to Nigel Pearson and his team who are doing rather well.

Some of my respect for Ollie as a man comes from non-football. He has used his daughter's deafness in a positive way to give support for all sort of deaf causes. I hope that if I was in that situation I would do as well. Come on LCFC94 surely you would agree with that.

Yes - as someone who thought from an early stage that Holloway was a very poor manager for Leicester, I find it a bit sad and even slightly disturbing that people can turn this into anything approaching hate. Holloway is an attention seeker but he has also been a good role model re. tackling disability issues. Also, whilst he put the finishing touches to what was a disastrous season, I'm certain that he thought he was doing his best for the club.

He has also been man enough to hold his hands up to what happened and has admitted that maybe he should have done things differently.

Having read his book he comes across as a genuine man who tries to tackle everything with honesty and whole heartedness, whilst allowing a rather zany sense of humour to come through as well.

It's easy to lay all of the blame for our relegation at his feet, however, I think the writing was on the wall way before then (years, not weeks) and it was only a matter of time before we failed in our desperate (annual) attempts to avoid the drop.

It's just unfortunate that he was at the helm at the time. I think it's fairly safe to say that he same villification would have been afforded to whoever the incumbent was.

All this nonsense about masks will do is give Holloway a further ego boost re his sense of self-importance.

One of the oddities about some Leicester supporters is their obsession with the irrelevant past e.g. the stuff over McGhee, Wise and now Holloway. It's similar to this synthetic rivalry with other East Midlands clubs that sometimes descends into almost pathological hatred. What makes it even sadder is that the nuttters at all these other clubs are focussed on rivalries with different clubs rather than us.

I agree with your points regarding Holloway but I find your other points slightly strange considering the topic.

Why does a rivaly or feeling have to be two way? Not that it is one way for many of the fans of those East Midland clubs.

The so called 'irrelevant past' is not something exclusive to Leicester fans, Im sure every clubs fans have a grudge that they will also bare for a prolonged period, it's a football thing.

A strange rant to be honest Redditch.

I see. Bare is fine is it?

No ****er mentions it when it's Lako. But if I put their instead of they're people treat me like Idi Amin.

Inner circle treatment! :)

No ****er mentions it when it's Lako. But if I put their instead of they're people treat me like Idi Amin.

Apologies FF, if I'd been around earlier I would've done my usual pedantic tosser act. What's Jacob Miller got to do with it though? :102:

Are you making out that you do anything apart from spend your time monitoring this forum?

Liar!

I actually noticed the blinding error after I had posted, could I be arsed to rectify the error?

Could I heck.

I agree with your points regarding Holloway but I find your other points slightly strange considering the topic.

Why does a rivaly or feeling have to be two way? Not that it is one way for many of the fans of those East Midland clubs.

The so called 'irrelevant past' is not something exclusive to Leicester fans, Im sure every clubs fans have a grudge that they will also bare for a prolonged period, it's a football thing.

A strange rant to be honest Redditch.

Possibly - but I have a view that the real local antagonisms are Forest/ Derby and Cov/ any available Birmingham club although I'm well aware that we are well into these issues in Leics 'border' towns like Loughborough and Hinckley.

I agree that grudges about past events (real or imaginary)are common to football supporters generally - but I just have a feeling rather than any particular evidence that we cling to them more than most.

Possibly - but I have a view that the real local antagonisms are Forest/ Derby and Cov/ any available Birmingham club although I'm well aware that we are well into these issues in Leics 'border' towns like Loughborough and Hinckley.

I agree that grudges about past events (real or imaginary)are common to football supporters generally - but I just have a feeling rather than any particular evidence that we cling to them more than most.

Portsmouth are big rivals but they are miles away.......

Portsmouth are big rivals but they are miles away.......

Yes - we need to move Portsmouth much nearer.

Whilst we are onto such relevant topics - did you know that Charlton Athletic once considered moving to the old Leicester Stadium (Blackbird Road)? truth is stranger than fiction.

Agree on Forest-Derby - for several reasons, they are and will always be each other's main rivals. They pretend not to care about us, but the truth is they hate losing to us - just not as much as they do each other. The ones who really, really hate us though are Coventry, and I reckon I enjoy seeing them get stuffed more than I do the others. There's nothing artificial about that rivalry - it's very real.

Agree on Forest-Derby - for several reasons, they are and will always be each other's main rivals. They pretend not to care about us, but the truth is they hate losing to us - just not as much as they do each other. The ones who really, really hate us though are Coventry, and I reckon I enjoy seeing them get stuffed more than I do the others. There's nothing artificial about that rivalry - it's very real.

I would now consider Coventry the team i dislike more than any local rival. Its also easy to adopt them as bitter rivals, seeing that they are a club who like ourselves are a third party to a more intense rivalry ( brum/villa)
Many Cov fans i know from work are grade A tossers imo. Its because of people like them, that i've developed a genuine hatred for them.

I would now consider Coventry the team i dislike more than any local rival. Its also easy to adopt them as bitter rivals, seeing that they are a club who like ourselves are a third party to a more intense rivalry ( brum/villa)
Many Cov fans i know from work are grade A tossers imo. Its because of people like them, that i've developed a genuine hatred for them.

Agreed, Cov really are the main rivalry now. It also helps when they have a massive amount of total twats in the stands.

Have they started selling the masks outside the ground yet ?

Want to make sure I get there before they sell out

Agreed, Cov really are the main rivalry now. It also helps when they have a massive amount of total twats in the stands.

Dependant on where you live or used to live Coventry have always been our main rivals.

Ask any City fans from Hinckley,Nuneaton or Rugby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669