If you were God..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx

:icon_redf

i'd also like to add that people in general aren't that good at rationalising things, humans aren't logic machines, we irrationly love, hate, believe, get jealous, we're just animals and are ruled by our genes to a certain extent

you only have to look at the MMR outcry to see how badly people reason
I went to the same school as Dawkins

Go and shadow your local vicar for a week and see how much time they spend screwing money out of people compared to the free counselling and advice services (not to mention financial support) that they provide to people who cannot access that level of help from elsewhere

Cheap shots are easy to make - just a pity that they do not reflect the truth most of the time
My local vicar bats for the other side so I wont take you up on that if it's all the same to you.
I have no doubt that the various religions have many heroes in them who do excellent work for little reward. I was raised C of E and went to a C of E High School and was instilled with Christian values many of which I still hold.
However, the issue I was discussing was the Jovvies and the Mormons knocking my door like salesmen, selling a product that I don't need, and which they can't prove works, and the way their churches are structured in a very corporate way. The mormons established Las Vegas ffs, and used to preach polygamy to expand their numbers, and now one of them is running for president with huge backing from the church http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/07/19/politics/main1819017.shtml. Do your research.

Last edited:
My local vicar bats for the other side so I wont take you up on that if it's all the same to you.
I have no doubt that the church has many heroes in it who do excellent work for little reward. I was raised C of E and went to a C of E High School and was instilled with Christian values many of which I still hold.
However, the issue I was discussing was the Jovvies and the Mormons knocking my door like salesmen, selling a product that I don't need, and which they can't prove works, and the way their churches are structured in a very corporate way. The mormons established Las Vegas ffs, and used to preach polygamy to expand their numbers, and now one of them is running for president with huge backing from the church http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/07/19/politics/main1819017.shtml. Do your research.

I was responding to the point about 'Religion' in general not just one or two particular sects out of thousands

Actually make the effort to read the post you are responding to before deciding to 'preach' away in your own inimitable fashion

I have no doubt that the various religions have many heroes in them who do excellent work for little reward. I was raised C of E and went to a C of E High School and was instilled with Christian values many of which I still hold.

The catholic church is awash with money.About time they went about using it for positive causes instead of paying lawyers to get their members off indecent assault charges :icon_conf

I was responding to the point about 'Religion' in general not just one or two particular sects out of thousands

Actually make the effort to read the post you are responding to before deciding to 'preach' away in your own inimitable fashion
And there lies a problem when it comes to harmony :icon_conf

I'd rather be the Grim Reaper than God, I'd have lots more fun.

**** "giveth", "taketh away" any day.

My list is getting longer by the minute.

I went to the same school as Dawkins

Uppingham wasn't it?

off the top of my head

(the life and works of Richard Dawkins would be my Mastermind subject!)

doh! Oundle, not too far off :)

Last edited:
Richard Dawkins.................blast that tosser to kingdom come, that will teach him not to believe in me

And you can prove yours does?

Uppingham wasn't it?

off the top of my head

(the life and works of Richard Dawkins would be my Mastermind subject!)

doh! Oundle, not too far off :)

We used to play Rugby against them. :icon_wink

I saw something recently that had the UK as the world's second "least religious" country, after South Korea of all places. And there are more practising Muslims in the UK than Christians apparently.

Just goes to prove it's all bollocks IMO....

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69