If you were God..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an interesting fact that when archaeologists unearthed the ruins of Pompei they discovered written on the walls of the city in Latin the words "Sodomah et Gomorrah". Which obviously translates to Sodom and Gomorrah, two cities mentioned in the bible which were also destroyed by cataclysmic volcanic activity. :icon_conf

when you use the word "fact" try putting the word "apocryphal" before it

or replacing it with "christian myth"

or you could try "jackafuckingnory"

when you use the word "fact" try putting the word "apocryphal" before it

or replacing it with "christian myth"

or you could try "jackafuckingnory"

I'll bet you wouldn't stand in the middle of Baghdad and rubbish the muslim religion the way you're attacking Christianity on here. Take all the cheap shots you like, you're so ill-informed it's not even funny. The book of Genesis states that Cain had a wife. :icon_roll

We're getting more and more immoral every year. Soon it will be against the law to be heterosexual, the way things are going.

Who decides what's immoral?

If you're going by the bible, Jesus condoned all sorts of things we now consider to be immoral. Slavery for example. Do you think we should bring slavery back because Jesus thought it was OK?

Who decided that homosexuality is immoral?
God apparently created man in his image. So he must have homosexual tendencies to have created gay people.

So he must have homosexual tendencies to have created gay people.
God didn't create gay people, the hairdressers did.

Blessed are the hairdressers, for they shall inherit the Earth.

I'll bet you wouldn't stand in the middle of Baghdad and rubbish the muslim religion the way you're attacking Christianity on here. Take all the cheap shots you like, you're so ill-informed it's not even funny. The book of Genesis states that Cain had a wife. :icon_roll

again...you're not actually dissecting the argument and reasoning, you just moan when i point out you're making stuff up

it's not a "cheap shot" to say you're making stuff up, it's a perfectly valid point, in your (only) attempt to introduce a 'fact' into the argument, you made something up

which point am i ill informed on exactly? try figuring out the quotes and pointing out where i was ill informed?

This world is going down the gurgler. We're getting more and more immoral every year. Soon it will be against the law to be heterosexual, the way things are going. As someone who contemplated being a priest at one stage surely you can see some truth in what I'm saying.

crikey, The Daily Mail has just wondered in

Hell in a Handbasket and homophobia

nice

why not chuck in "the darkies" too?

it's not a "cheap shot" to say you're making stuff up
If foxin_oz turned around and told you that Moses lived until he was 120, rescued the Hebrew slaves and parted the Red Sea, and then led them around the desert for 40 years, you'd still rubbish him wouldn't you?

You're so bloody intolerant DV :icon_wink

Who decides what's immoral?

If you're going by the bible, Jesus condoned all sorts of things we now consider to be immoral. Slavery for example. Do you think we should bring slavery back because Jesus thought it was OK?

Who decided that homosexuality is immoral?
God apparently created man in his image. So he must have homosexual tendencies to have created gay people.

In answer to the first question, if you're a Christian, God decides what is immoral. If you're an atheist I guess in the absence of a supreme power the democratic thing would be to put it to a vote.

Did Jesus really think slavery was ok?

Again if you believe the bible God decided that homosexuality was a sin.

I've got to go to work so I can't hang around here being attacked for my beliefs any longer. You all have a great day. :)

Did Jesus really think slavery was ok?

Yes. Would you like some bible quotes to prove it?

Again if you believe the bible God decided that homosexuality was a sin.

But if you believe the bible he also created homosexuals.

And if he's such a powerful entity he should easily be able to fix his 'mistakes', rather than taking it out on the people he created.

I've got to go to work so I can't hang around here being attacked for my beliefs any longer.

You're not being attacked for your beliefs. Your beliefs are being attacked.
Maybe you think people who don't believe in your god should be wiped out, something christians have done in the past. How moral do you think that is?

In answer to the first question, if you're a Christian, God decides what is immoral. If you're an atheist I guess in the absence of a supreme power the democratic thing would be to put it to a vote.

you're saying you only have your morality due to your religion?

so before your christianity, you were amoral?

and atheists don't have their morals decided by statute either

:icon_roll

believe it or not, we can believe that murder isn't very nice without a fairy tale telling us

Maybe you think people who don't believe in your god should be wiped out, something christians have done in the past. How moral do you think that is?

can be countered with atheist regimes wiping out the believers

like Stalin

people kill people, god squad or not

can be countered with atheist regimes wiping out the believers

Doesn't make it right though. Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I believe things other atheists may have done in the past.
But some of the bad things christians have done are because the bible has told them to do it. If the bible tells people to do bad things, how can good people go on believing it?
If they only choose to believe the good bits of the bible, why do they think the bible had bad bits in the first place?

I've read books on every religion Macky. And believe me I didn't want to believe what I do now. It took many years of studying buddhism, hinduism, the koran, and the bible, the torah, yoga, astrology, the lakota red indian white buffalo woman and anything else I could lay my open mind on before I had a revelation.

No offense intended but for somebody so widely read you seem remarkably ignorant about the subject.

I'm not perfect but through the blood of the lamb shed for me on the cross at Calvary I am saved.

How exactly? That makes absolutely no sense.

This world is going down the gurgler. We're getting more and more immoral every year. Soon it will be against the law to be heterosexual, the way things are going. As someone who contemplated being a priest at one stage surely you can see some truth in what I'm saying.

I see no truth in any of what you're saying, just incoherent nonsense.

God still loves you Macky. Trust me on that one

I hope to **** he doesn't, I wouldn't want such an evil, capricious, egotistical nut case having any kind of emotional feeling about me

foxin_oz said:
Okay, I'll explain it like this. Jesus was sent because there was no other way to save any of us. Everyone had sinned (disobeyed God). Therefore everyone had to die. Unless there was a sacrifice for those sins. That's where Jesus comes in. He's the equivalent of the old testament sin offering. For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son...

Explain to me the mechanics of that, how does that concept work exactly?

How does Jesus being nailed to a piece of wood save anybody or compensate for any sins?

Where did Cain's wife appear from? She must've been his sister.

Ephesians 6:5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.

I don't know enough about the bible to know if this really means that Jesus thought slavery was OK, but thanks and keep them coming, I'm discussing this with other people too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669