Iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got one? I'm considering the 8gb but would prefer some feedback before going ahead and buying.

I have just bought one (well, upgraded to one) and I must say I am very impressed. It does depend on what you want it for though, for example there is no video camera, but (obviously) is good for music and I was able to follow the Crewe game via ifooty whilst at Gatwick Airport. Thumbs up from me!

i just got an iPod touch for my birthday and that has nearly al the same features as an iPhone (except the phone part obviously and a camera) and i must say i'm very impressed !

It might be worth asking Durham, I think he has an iPhone???? :)

On slighted related note, will i be able to use the wi-fi function on my iPod touch in America?

WiFi is WiFi, it isn't different per country

and will i be able to access the itunes store? searching on google its difficult to find an answer

The WiFi yes, I wouldn't bank on 3G being available though, or GPRS.

Also don't forget to phone O2 and enable Roaming if you haven't already.

I haven't got an iphone, i have an ipod touch, so the only internet access i can get is wi-fi anyway. I just thought because its programmed to the UK itunes store, i won't be able to download podcasts etc whilst i'm away.

I am considering getting a new one. Could some explain how the internet works on it? I am a thick when it comes to anything like this.

Applications....how do they work? Do I pay for them in addition to my contract?

Last edited:
I am considering getting a new one. Could some explain how the internet works on it? I am a thick when it comes to anything like this.

Applications....how do they work? Do I pay for them in addition to my contract?

1. Internet is easy. Connection is through Edge or 3G (provided you have a signal), if you are out of wireless range. The Safari Browser is pre-installed.

2. There is an app-store on the phone which you use to search for and download the applications. Some you pay for, some you don't. You pay through your iTunes account (funded by Credit/Debit Card). Apps under 10MB can be downloaded using Edge/3G. For others you will need to be connected to a network/iTunes.

Last edited:
Harry it's so easy! To use the Internet all you do is tap a button and likewise to get in the App store you just click the App button, the free ones and the ones you have to pay for are clearly marked.

Harry it's so easy! To use the Internet all you do is tap a button and likewise to get in the App store you just click the App button, the free ones and the ones you have to pay for are clearly marked.

There you go Harry, if Simon can manage you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469