Iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's annoying, as I can get O2 discount through work, and 30% off my monthly contract...

At the minute I'm with Orange, but because of the discount I can get, want to switch to O2 and get the iPhone.

But at the minute, I can't get the 3GS with my discount... but I can get the 3G one for £24 a month, with 500 mins and 500 texts...

But, I reckon soon I'll be able to get the 3GS with my discount, especially since Orange and Vodafone are going to be selling them...

So can't decide whether to wait for Orange to get it, and hope they'll upgrade me to an iPhone (unlikely?), or wait for O2 to agree to give me the 3GS with discount... or just to get the 3G one now...

But to use my discount, I have to get it within the next month! Argh, dilemma.

It's annoying, as I can get O2 discount through work, and 30% off my monthly contract...

At the minute I'm with Orange, but because of the discount I can get, want to switch to O2 and get the iPhone.

But at the minute, I can't get the 3GS with my discount... but I can get the 3G one for £24 a month, with 500 mins and 500 texts...

But, I reckon soon I'll be able to get the 3GS with my discount, especially since Orange and Vodafone are going to be selling them...

So can't decide whether to wait for Orange to get it, and hope they'll upgrade me to an iPhone (unlikely?), or wait for O2 to agree to give me the 3GS with discount... or just to get the 3G one now...

But to use my discount, I have to get it within the next month! Argh, dilemma.

I would exect O2 to want to have as many customers as they can before Orange get the Iphone so sould be worth asking the question and telling them you want to switch.
Having said that, they are getting the sole rights to sell the new Palm phone so may try to get prople on that.

I would exect O2 to want to have as many customers as they can before Orange get the Iphone so sould be worth asking the question and telling them you want to switch.
Having said that, they are getting the sole rights to sell the new Palm phone so may try to get prople on that.

Yeah think I'm going to ring Orange, ask if I'll be able to upgrade to the iPhone, and speak to O2 and see if they'll do the 3GS now.

Just tell them both I'm thinking of switching/sticking to the other one... Last time I told Orange I was leaving they gave me their £35 a month tariff for £20, and a brand new phone, that they'd previously told me was out of stock, by noon the next day :)

Forgot to mention, Vodafone is early next year. This leaves competition between O2 and Orange for Christmas. T-Mobile has announced that it is not going to carry the iPhone.

T-Mobile is merging with Orange, so in effect it will once they become one company later next year.

My I phone screen has suddenly in the last couple of days started showing another time and date in the background.
It shows todays date in bold but in the background it says 17:33, Monday September 28th.

Picture below, anyone know how to rectify this?

IPHONe.jpg

Last edited:
Did you do a screen print of your phone, then use it as a wallpaper? or more likely, did someone else do that to annoy you?

I should hopefully have my iPhone in the next few weeks, just before my holiday. Just a quick question.

Can you turn off the 3G connection whilst abroad? I want to be able to access the internet, but only when a Wifi connection is available as I don't want to pay an extortionate bill when I return.

I should hopefully have my iPhone in the next few weeks, just before my holiday. Just a quick question.

Can you turn off the 3G connection whilst abroad? I want to be able to access the internet, but only when a Wifi connection is available as I don't want to pay an extortionate bill when I return.

Yes, Data Roaming can be turned off from the settings.

Got an e-mail the other day.

Hello

Thank you once again for registering your interest.

We’re pleased to tell you that details about the arrival of iPhone will be ready very soon. We’ll be sending you another email in a week or so – please keep an eye out for it. This will tell you everything you’ll need to know about choosing a new handset and viewing our tariff options.

You can look forward to one of the best handsets on the market, as well as the UK’s biggest 3G network, covering more people than any other.

Thanks

Orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472