Ipswich Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megson was a defeatest who knew we were shite and just went out in every game expecting to lose and putting 8 defenders on the pitch trying desperately for it not to happen.
Holloway desperately wants to win and puts out teams attempting to do this.

Who is the best man to take the club forward, an ambitious manager who seems desperate to do well and achieve what we all want, (a team that can take the fight to anybody and challenge in this divison).
Or a manager with more desire not to lose than to win and bore the tits off everybody.
:102:

That's personality and likability for you... it might not be fair, but that's life. Holloway is likeable (to most people, I accept not to you), he can gee people up, he appears to care.

Megson was a miserable, ugly, nasty, dour, completely uninspiring wanker.I am that shallow.

OI!

I really cant be arsed with the same w***ers constantly moaning about the players and manager.

SHUT THE FCUK UP!

All you do is moan every day about shit players and that IH should be taking the blame now as well. Everyone realises we are in the shit but rather then looking at somebody to blame, some of us try to stay positive.

We have lost to a good team who have the best record at home this season. A dodgy pen decision has cost us any chance of winning, yet to hear some of you talk its the end of the world.

You can all post on hear and bitch about players and the manager but at the end of the day it will make **** ALL DIFFERENCE! I appreciate venting your anger after games can sometimes help, but every single day gets a little bit too much.

Some of you need to stop living in the past and realise we are in the shit and thats how it is going to be, either get a grip and do they only thing a fan can do to help the team and get behind them or **** off, because to be truly honest nobody would miss you!

:038::038::038::038::038:

I don't understand why everyone here is turning on themselves when we all understand the few basic truths:
  • We are a shit football team
  • We have no talent or depth in squad
  • We have a chairman who has mismanaged his staff
  • We have a chairman that has been hoodwinked into buying piss-poor players
  • We never cleared out the dross that should have been thrown away in the summer
  • We never signed quality replacements
  • This seasons football strip really is shit
  • The away kit should've been red
  • Owd Roger is a mighty fine brew
  • The wife was sent to Earth to put me into an early grave
  • We can not craft any luck worth it's shit and that is relegation material

I really cant be arsed with the same w***ers constantly moaning about the players and manager.

SHUT THE FCUK UP!

All you do is moan every day about shit players and that IH should be taking the blame now as well. Everyone realises we are in the shit but rather then looking at somebody to blame, some of us try to stay positive.

We have lost to a good team who have the best record at home this season. A dodgy pen decision has cost us any chance of winning, yet to hear some of you talk its the end of the world.

You can all post on hear and bitch about players and the manager but at the end of the day it will make **** ALL DIFFERENCE! I appreciate venting your anger after games can sometimes help, but every single day gets a little bit too much.

Some of you need to stop living in the past and realise we are in the shit and thats how it is going to be, either get a grip and do they only thing a fan can do to help the team and get behind them or **** off, because to be truly honest nobody would miss you!
Put the people that seem to offend you so much on block or don't log on then? :102:

I don't understand why everyone here is turning on themselves when we all understand the few basic truths:
  • We are a shit football team
  • We have no talent or depth in squad
  • We have a chairman who has mismanaged his staff
  • We have a chairman that has been hoodwinked into buying piss-poor players
  • We never cleared out the dross that should have been thrown away in the summer
  • We never signed quality replacements
  • This seasons football strip really is shit
  • The away kit should've been red
  • Owd Roger is a mighty fine brew
  • The wife was sent to Earth to put me into an early grave
  • We can not craft any luck worth it's shit and that is relegation material

Quite right. And look on the bright side - we now have fans who do bullet points rather than boo. The only way is up.

I think that anyone who thought we would get a good result tonight was being anything from super optimistic to near stupid. This looked a solid home win situation.

I also think that there has been absurd over - optimism about Holloway. I think he was probably a decent appointment with at least the enthusiasm to hopefully to liven up an insipid poor quality squad. But is he likely to turn into a real class act? Improbable but of course possible.

Those who think that we are going to be able to bring in a number of quality signings in January are I think equally misguided. Such better players are most unlikely to want to join us for a grotty relegation battle.

Imo the best we can hope for now is to stop any further rot and keep out of the bottom three in the period over Christmas/ New Year and then look for very modest progress for the rest of the season.

There is a massive amount of delusion from quite a lot of supporters as to where and what we really are. We are not carrying lots of potential so that anytime we could realistically expect to climb the table & miraculously be competing for a play off place. We are in fact downright poor in terms of quality having started from a low baseline when MM took over and then seen lots of money wasted on bad judgement signings.

We can incorporate the two-

*B
*O
*O
*O
*O
*!

I think that anyone who thought we would get a good result tonight was being anything from super optimistic to near stupid. This looked a solid home win situation.

I also think that there has been absurd over - optimism about Holloway. I think he was probably a decent appointment with at least the enthusiasm to hopefully to liven up an insipid poor quality squad. But is he likely to turn into a real class act? Improbable but of course possible.

Those who think that we are going to be able to bring in a number of quality signings in January are I think equally misguided. Such better players are most unlikely to want to join us for a grotty relegation battle.

Imo the best we can hope for now is to stop any further rot and keep out of the bottom three in the period over Christmas/ New Year and then look for very modest progress for the rest of the season.

There is a massive amount of delusion from quite a lot of supporters as to where and what we really are. We are not carrying lots of potential so that anytime we could realistically expect to climb the table & miraculously be competing for a play off place. We are in fact downright poor in terms of quality having started from a low baseline when MM took over and then seen lots of money wasted on bad judgement signings.

To summarize we are fecked:045:

In fairness Melts is just as we are, ****ing gutted tonight, and is simply trying to eke out an opinion on populist backing a man just because he was more media-savvy and, perhaps, odd. That's a fair forum point...

In fairness Melts is just as we are, ****ing gutted tonight, and is simply trying to eke out an opinion on populist backing a man just because he was more media-savvy and, perhaps, odd. That's a fair forum point...

I'm past the gutted stage, i just expect us to lose.

Agreed.

I assume that Melton has had growing unease about the way people have been talking up Holloway on the basis of his off the wall humour. There has been little about his actual achievement e.g. leading Plymouth into a position beyond expectations - it's all about what a great bloke he is for his BBC column etc.

Well - he is actually employed to get us to win football matches. He has taken over such a rubbish squad that it's doubtful if any manager could do a lot with - so we don't really know whether he will be any good or not in his current role. What's for certain is that the fans are not actually to blame - and it was a good idea to blame them.

The fans are the stars at The Walkers. They have had years of dross - and still turned out in numbers, home and away. Every one of the occasional spirited efforts by the team has been warmly supported.

As I said earlier - I wouldn't rely on the cavalry arriving in January - this is going to be a tough anti-relegation fight and we better start picking up some points from the other poorer sides.

Agreed.

I assume that Melton has had growing unease about the way people have been talking up Holloway on the basis of his off the wall humour. There has been little about his actual achievement e.g. leading Plymouth into a position beyond expectations - it's all about what a great bloke he is for his BBC column etc.

Well - he is actually employed to get us to win football matches. He has taken over such a rubbish squad that it's doubtful if any manager could do a lot with - so we don't really know whether he will be any good or not in his current role. What's for certain is that the fans are not actually to blame - and it was a good idea to blame them.

The fans are the stars at The Walkers. They have had years of dross - and still turned out in numbers, home and away. Every one of the occasional spirited efforts by the team has been warmly supported.

As I said earlier - I wouldn't rely on the cavalry arriving in January - this is going to be a tough anti-relegation fight and we better start picking up some points from the other poorer sides.

Quite frankly its about time the players themselves took responsibilty. They have been protected too long, and espeically with all the excuses about the changes. Load of bollox imo, all they have to do is play football. They are supposed to be professionals ffs!!! Its about time they showed a bit of guts and pride in what they are doing

Quite frankly its about time the players themselves took responsibilty. They have been protected too long, and espeically with all the excuses about the changes. Load of bollox imo, all they have to do is play football. They are supposed to be professionals ffs!!! Its about time they showed a bit of guts and pride in what they are doing

Yes - they need to recognise that they are by no means great talents. But as you say they are professionals and should have a look at themselves. For instance, they didn't beat Cardiff (another poorish side) but they did make a splendid effort in the second half. But on other occasions they have looked careless and listless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00