Ipswich Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portsmouth had several relegation battles under Mandaric before he got lucky when he appointed Redknapp.

Yet if you had of pointed this out during MM's take over you were accused of not being a real fan!!

And Bill Anderson would appear if you said it 3 times and then he'd slit your throat.

It was a good one!!

The trouble with Megs was everyone saw him as a stopgap manager with ideas of playing percentage football.

I have to agree with you Melton i thought that by now there would have been animosity towards Ollie playing the way we are...........because there is'nt a bit of difference between Megs and Olly when the players go onto the pitch,
if the truth is said we are slightly worse now

Hear hear!!

I believe the reaon Ollie will get a fair crack of the whip is because deep down, in most Leicester City fans hearts, we feel he is a sort of Martin O Neill character that can, given time, bring success.

The exact reasons why we were behind Martin Allen and why there seemed to be uproar when he was sacked.

The exact reason why Megson, Levein et al were never accepted by the Leicester masses.

The reason we all wanted Mourinho to manage England.

Fact is, we all want a manager who we like, can relate to, is passionate, communicates well with the fans and tells it how it is.............we then hope that this brings us results as well.

Megson was never given a warm welcome because the fans didn't like him, he had no personality and his style of football wasn't great, and look what happened................ Ollie on the other hand has great personal skills, passion and committment and won't jump ship if it starts getting tough.

He will ultimately be judged on results, but for now, fans want him to succeed and it is for this very reason that I am 100% behind Ian Holloway.

I rest my case Melton Fox.

I really hope you do not represent the views of the majority, if you do we are fecked.

What I, and I hope the majority, want is a manager who can develop a team who play entertaining and winning football - end of.

Incredible. Do you really believe that

I couldn't disagree more - it's utter madness

What we actually want is a manager who gets results.That is it
Nothing else matters - everything else is soooooo unimportant as to be hardly worth a mention. If he happens to do all the communication thing, then whoop de doo.

Frankly I couldn't give a toss if I never actually saw or heard from the manager and he was, in fact, an insane hermit who lived in a cave somewhere. Actually, as long he got the team to win a few games here and there, and actually demonstrate that we were getting back to where we want to be, then I really wouldn't care if I didn't know who the manager was

The world has gone crazy. Apparently people would sooner have a wise-cracking 'personality' in charge of the football team than one that actually got some feckin' points on the board.

Come and save us, Holy Santa........
:038: Spot on!

I know somebody else who agrees with every word of that too :icon_wink

Hear hear!!

I believe the reaon Ollie will get a fair crack of the whip is because deep down, in most Leicester City fans hearts, we feel he is a sort of Martin O Neill character that can, given time, bring success.(QUOTE)

I believe Ollie will get a fair crack of the whip......because MM is running out of options. The squad is exposed as crap....end of.

I can't see any similarities whatsoever between MON and Ollie. Absolutely diffferent types of football managers. Anyone who thinks he is "a sort of Martin O'Neill" - is on a different planet to me (and good luck to them).

We have little choice but to support Ollie - but people who are building him up in this way are doing the bloke no favours whatsoever. Over expectations will just lead to tears later. If he keeps us in this division and starts to put in some building blocks for the future - that will be a considerable achievement. My gut feeling is that he hasn't got the gravitas to manage at the top level - but that is irrelevant at the moment because we are more likely to be in League 1 than entertaining Man U.

Let's try to get a bit real - even tho' it's the festive season.

I really hope you do not represent the views of the majority, if you do we are fecked.

What I, and I hope the majority, want is a manager who can develop a team who play entertaining and winning football - end of.

Quite - but I'll support Ollie because I think he's the chap capable of pulling it off. But it's gonna take time......

This is driving me absolutely fcuking mental!!!!

Why, oh why, oh why was Megson slated all the way through his very short tenure. Why was this allowed?

Why can't Holloway be judged in the same manner?, what on Earth is the difference.

Please somebody explain this to me.

Please somebody also explain the positives Holloway is bringing to the club.

Maybe my football brain isn't as good as others on this forum, so please, please educate me instead of insulting me for my opinions.

I so desperately want to see the positives.

It's all about perception. The perception was that Megson had little passion for our club played poor football with poor players. Holloway seems up for it, talks about the future and plays more attractive forward thinking football with poor players.

I'm trying to understand what it is about Ollie that everybody has taken to, I'm trying to understand how one Manager can be forgiven for his disasterous start, and another one can't. I'm trying to understand what Olli is bringing to this club, i have asked for help in understanding this.

I am certainly not an Oliie supporter or apologist, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a few months, to develop and add to the team and start getting some results.

I have said before that I do not think Oliie will be a successful Leicester manager, but I do hope he will stabilise the club and survive to the end of next season, when a better manager can come in and take us back to the prem.

Kaebi was one of our better players - he can actually pass and run and has ideas. However he is even more physically lightweight than the rest of our young players. Definitely preferable to Newton or Chambers but this remains a problem position I'm afraid.

As for all the doom and gloom, I'm sorry but I'm still puzzled as to why anyone expected anything other than a relegation battle once Allen was sacked. Megson swiftly concluded that our only hope was to play ultradefensively, while Holloway is obviously trying stuff out, flinging shit at the wall and hoping some sticks - but he is not defensive by nature like Megson so results are poorer. He is our last chance though, and if he can't do it then we go down.

Mourinho wouldn't be able to do anything with our squad. It's not that they're overly shit, although some are, but they have a negative mentality after years of getting beaten with endless managers. We need some fresh blood.

Incredible. Do you really believe that

I couldn't disagree more - it's utter madness

What we actually want is a manager who gets results.That is it
Nothing else matters - everything else is soooooo unimportant as to be hardly worth a mention. If he happens to do all the communication thing, then whoop de doo.

Frankly I couldn't give a toss if I never actually saw or heard from the manager and he was, in fact, an insane hermit who lived in a cave somewhere. Actually, as long he got the team to win a few games here and there, and actually demonstrate that we were getting back to where we want to be, then I really wouldn't care if I didn't know who the manager was

The world has gone crazy. Apparently people would sooner have a wise-cracking 'personality' in charge of the football team than one that actually got some feckin' points on the board.

Come and save us, Holy Santa........

My sentiments exactly.....Fatty

That has just about bloody done it for me now.

I'm trying to understand what it is about Ollie that everybody has taken to, I'm trying to understand how one Manager can be forgiven for his disasterous start, and another one can't. I'm trying to understand what Olli is bringing to this club, i have asked for help in understanding this.

I have just received two insults, one from Lako caling me childish and one from PK above.

I've had enough, I'm above this and won't be called names for wanting to debate , raise questions and understand. This time, I won't sink low enough to retaliate, I'll walk away.

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Big fecking Drama Queen....but I understand what you mean.From what I can tell you aren't criticising IH but just asking him to be judged on his Results,the Results acheived with the same bunch of players has Megson had.So far the results have been poor there is no escaping that butall we can do is hope things improve with the influx of new players.I'm giving up debating the whole IH thing,the fact is we have some very very poor players and no Manager in football could make this shower into a Promotion chasing side

Mourinho wouldn't be able to do anything with our squad.
Nor could Ali Bongo, Lord of Magicians

magie-Bongomini.jpg

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Big fecking Drama Queen....but I understand what you mean.From what I can tell you aren't criticising IH but just asking him to be judged on his Results,the Results achieved with the same bunch of players as Megson had.
Hallelujah!

Kaebi was one of our better players - he can actually pass and run and has ideas. However he is even more physically lightweight than the rest of our young players. Definitely preferable to Newton or Chambers but this remains a problem position I'm afraid.

As for all the doom and gloom, I'm sorry but I'm still puzzled as to why anyone expected anything other than a relegation battle once Allen was sacked. Megson swiftly concluded that our only hope was to play ultradefensively, while Holloway is obviously trying stuff out, flinging shit at the wall and hoping some sticks - but he is not defensive by nature like Megson so results are poorer. He is our last chance though, and if he can't do it then we go down.

Are you crazy?

Every time he tried to pass the lost the ball, he did make a few runs but did nothing too exciting, levi and hayes are much better, but i suppose that is his first start.
Mattock had a good game i must admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670