Ipswich Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look back through the thread, foxin_oz, me and Fludie disagree about how Kaebi played. Obviously I stand by my version!

I like N'Gotty, but right back is not his position. He should displace McAuley in the side.

Fryatt showed, not for the first time, that while he may be inconsistent he has got stuff our other forwards haven't. He needs to be kept and improved.

Look back through the thread, foxin_oz, me and Fludie disagree about how Kaebi played. Obviously I stand by my version!

You can't count on the opinions of someone the other side of the world when the game was played!

I like N'Gotty, but right back is not his position. He should displace McAuley in the side.

Fryatt showed, not for the first time, that while he may be inconsistent he has got stuff our other forwards haven't. He needs to be kept and improved.

Just read back through the thread. Hopefully he'll get another game. Hard to judge him on one appearance really, it seems he never really got the ball much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is 'walking away' the cyber-equivalent of "I'm going to burn my season ticket"?

Is 'walking away' the cyber-equivalent of "I'm going to burn my season ticket"?

It means not signing in for a while and reading through all the threads whilst desperately hoping that someone misses you and will write something nice about you. I think ... :icon_conf

This is driving me absolutely fcuking mental!!!!

Why, oh why, oh why was Megson slated all the way through his very short tenure. Why was this allowed?

Why can't Holloway be judged in the same manner?, what on Earth is the difference.

Please somebody explain this to me.

Please somebody also explain the positives Holloway is bringing to the club.

Maybe my football brain isn't as good as others on this forum, so please, please educate me instead of insulting me for my opinions.

I so desperately want to see the positives.

Can I suggest Melton Fox that over Christmas you read Ollies book and then watch the movie of Coach Carter which he goes on about and which is on TV . I found his views on management very interesting and feel they can work; but they will take time. I am pleased that he is working at the club I support. I the 1970s and 1980s my favourite manager was working at Derby and Forest which was very irritating. One last point: no Leicester manager has started as well as Peter Taylor did and no one caused such long term problems.

I haven't been reading this forum much in the past month since Holloway was appointed but I honestly don't understand how some people on here cannot see that the squad is appallingly bad and that no manager can create a decent side out of the players we have at the minute.

At least half of the squad is not good enough and needs to be sold or let go in the next 6-12 months. The majority of players we signed in the summer have been extremely disappointing and I would only want to keep a few of them for the first team

I said during Megon's appointment that the majority of the team was poor and that I believed he was doing a pretty decent job under the circumstances. Granted it wasn't great to watch but neither is it now. And I honestly believe that is because it is down to the lack of quality players in our squad and nothing to do with the manager at the top.

We seriously do need at least 6-10 quality players for the squad again and get rid of players like Hellings, Neilsen, Cort, De Vries, Maybury, Stearman, Newton, Kishishev, Hammond, Douglas and Kenton.

It's a sad fact that the likes of Mattock, Sheehan and King have had to play so much because of the ineptitude of the transfer policy in the Martin Allen era. These players are probably going to be pretty decent for us in the long term but they need to be used more sparingly and it's not going to help their confidence and mental attitude when they're in a losing side and carrying the weight of the team. They'll be better players with better players around them and the same goes for the some of the more senior players.

For me, the spine of the team is there. We have a good goalkeeper, solid centre backs, a decent central midfielder and a decent striker but it's not going to work unless the other players are good enough. Personally, I think Fryatt, Hume, Campbell and John are more than capable for this league but the service to them is frankly appalling. They get sniffs of chances but hardly anything clear cut. Hark back to the days of Steve Guppy and the amount of crosses he provided in any one game and we scored goals then. It's not happening now because of this lack of service. Hume can be a 15 a season striker. So can Fryatt and so can John. But it's the service that is lacking. We have no creativity in midfield or on the wing.

Holloway has my total support and won't be getting anything less than that. I think this season is a total waste now and I think next season is when we'll see a different Leicester City side. This is now just a loss cause - lets just get clear of relegation and start again from next summer and then Holloway can sort this place out properly.

Ollie's Blue and White Army!

I haven't been reading this forum much in the past month since Holloway was appointed but I honestly don't understand how some people on here cannot see that the squad is appallingly bad and that no manager can create a decent side out of the players we have at the minute.

At least half of the squad is not good enough and needs to be sold or let go in the next 6-12 months. The majority of players we signed in the summer have been extremely disappointing and I would only want to keep a few of them for the first team

I said during Megon's appointment that the majority of the team was poor and that I believed he was doing a pretty decent job under the circumstances. Granted it wasn't great to watch but neither is it now. And I honestly believe that is because it is down to the lack of quality players in our squad and nothing to do with the manager at the top.

We seriously do need at least 6-10 quality players for the squad again and get rid of players like Hellings, Neilsen, Cort, De Vries, Maybury, Stearman, Newton, Kishishev, Hammond, Douglas and Kenton.

It's a sad fact that the likes of Mattock, Sheehan and King have had to play so much because of the ineptitude of the transfer policy in the Martin Allen era. These players are probably going to be pretty decent for us in the long term but they need to be used more sparingly and it's not going to help their confidence and mental attitude when they're in a losing side and carrying the weight of the team. They'll be better players with better players around them and the same goes for the some of the more senior players.

For me, the spine of the team is there. We have a good goalkeeper, solid centre backs, a decent central midfielder and a decent striker but it's not going to work unless the other players are good enough. Personally, I think Fryatt, Hume, Campbell and John are more than capable for this league but the service to them is frankly appalling. They get sniffs of chances but hardly anything clear cut. Hark back to the days of Steve Guppy and the amount of crosses he provided in any one game and we scored goals then. It's not happening now because of this lack of service. Hume can be a 15 a season striker. So can Fryatt and so can John. But it's the service that is lacking. We have no creativity in midfield or on the wing.

Holloway has my total support and won't be getting anything less than that. I think this season is a total waste now and I think next season is when we'll see a different Leicester City side. This is now just a loss cause - lets just get clear of relegation and start again from next summer and then Holloway can sort this place out properly.

Ollie's Blue and White Army!

I agree with most of that,too.

I think you may be being somewhat optimistic over the goal capacity of the strikers and a little too hard on Stearman - who had potential but seems to have lost his way.

I very much agree with your point about this season being a total write-off. That's why I think we should forget about forlorn attempts to persuade decent players to join this shambles in January. Obviously we need to try to hold on to the keeper - and perhaps try to bring in an old head creative player in midfield but I would leave it at that for the moment.

The best way forward is for Holloway to be instructed that he has been given the achievable task of avoiding relegation this season and then the opportunity to re-build in the summer. Fortunately at least some of the write off players' contracts will have exprired by then.

I do have a concern that Milan will not be able to curb his enthusiasm and might sack Holloway around March if the situation remains very dodgy. I am nearly sure that this would just make matters worse.

There is no way the red card could have been for foul and abusive language, otherwise it wouldn't have been rescinded.

To tackle the first part. MM has been very unimaginative in his choice of Managers and so it is difficult to know whether a Manager could make a difference.

In the second part I think five of those are out of contract in June, though I have noticed that Douglas has come back from Wycombe. :icon_conf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670