Is Gradel really any good!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teebag76

After all the pre season hype I was really looking forward to seeing Maxy Gradel strutting his stuff. Its now nearly Xmas and im still waiting!!!!! Is he really that good?????
I personally still think the right hand side of midfield is a major problem for us and would like to see Mr Pearson try and bring someone in during Jan as Adams doesnt seem any better. If we can get in a decent winger then we would get more balls into the box and we may see Steve Howard profit!!!!

Gradel played well at the start of the season, and was probably our best player... then seemed to suddenly go off the boil it seems and has barely been involved since it seems to me. Seems a bit odd.

Really!! I dont agree I have been to all home games and 4 away and cant remembe him doing much at all. I can see him dissapearing with levi if hes not careful!!!!

He's a confidence player. When he was full of confidence early season he was a threat. Less so now.

I'd still play him for his crossing and corners. Needs a a run of games IMO.

I've found he worked well with Gilbert playing full back, as he's quick at getting forward allowing Gradel to cut inside. Since Gilbert has been injured I don't gradel can quite do it yet on his own. I'm sure with more experience and more games he will get better

He's a confidence player. When he was full of confidence early season he was a threat. Less so now.

I'd still play him for his crossing and corners. Needs a a run of games IMO.

i agree but his crossing was woeful on tuesday night the 1 and only thing he did was the corner for the winning goal so i guess we should be grateful at that :)

After a great start i think opponents now have the measure of him ie mark him tight. Certainly not ready to join the exodus of Levi and Kish, but agree with NP that at the moment he is best as an impact player off the bench

I think it has pointed out by another TB'er elsewhere that Gradel's form may well be affected by personal issues that are quite well documented.
I think the fairest thing to say is what Highland has said above - give him longer.

Yeah give him longer. We saw he can have an effect on the game as he was the best player on the pitch against MkDonalds and had an impact at Fulham. He's only about 6 so he's got plenty of time.

The short answer is 'yes, he really is any good'!

Max is full of talent and he started the season explosively. It's not a matter of opposition teams working him out more that, for totally understandable non-football reasons, he's not been on his game.

I think we were probably expecting too much from him because of his goal return for Bournemouth last season - thing is, playing for a struggling team I suspect opponents allowed him a lot more freedom than our opponents have been doing. He's still learning his trade, as are quite a few of our players. I think Pearson has been juggling "give youngsters the games they need" and "get the results we need" pretty well so far.

There are far too many misused exclamation marks in this thread.

Stop it right now lads or I'm going to start throwing my weight around.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all the pre season hype I was really looking forward to seeing Maxy Gradel strutting his stuff. Its now nearly Xmas and im still waiting!!!!! Is he really that good?????
I personally still think the right hand side of midfield is a major problem for us and would like to see Mr Pearson try and bring someone in during Jan as Adams doesnt seem any better. If we can get in a decent winger then we would get more balls into the box and we may see Steve Howard profit!!!!

I find him average for a start off he cant cross a ball and he loses possession too much:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00