Confirmed Transfer Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend, a loyal Tamworth fan, said that he was poor in their game for Fleetwood. However, he still managed to score, set 2 goals up and has "electric" pace.

A big step up but in Nigel we trust.

Does this mean he's lazy? Does he only score goals and set them up? Hmmm....

will he be known in the dressing room as 'ollie'

Hmmm, I hope I'm wrong on this but can't see this turning out great for us as it does seem a lot to pay for a non-league player and it is a massive step up but if we end up paying the max reported figure (£1.7mill?) then least he will have been a success but just can't see it happening.

I still think it seems likely one of current front line will be leaving now this is confirmed.

Welcome to the madhouse Jamie & the best of luck.

He could turn out to be our modern Alan Smith...or he could be the new Freddie Eastwood.We don't know.But we will this time next year so I'm prepared to wait.Speculation is pointless,we may as well flip a coin.

Good luck to the lad. Plenty of encouraging reports but I'm not going to lie and admit the step up so far doesn't concern me a little. I trust Pearson's scouting network though, it's so rarely let us down.

The times it has let us down is when it has been from the lower leagues, I'm very pessimistic indeed. I think this signing could make or break Pearson's second reign. Hope he does well but this is a massive step up.

Last edited:
He could turn out to be our modern Alan Smith...or he could be the new Freddie Eastwood.We don't know.But we will this time next year so I'm prepared to wait.Speculation is pointless,we may as well flip a coin.

You're just doing it deliberately now to be contrary

I think Pearson is proving again what he did first-time round. Shrewd, good value acquisitions in the most part, and players that have something to prove. With regards Vardy, obviously he's seen something he likes in him so considering most of Pearson's signings, I'm excited. With that purchase we suddenly have a fairly decent looking attack, though someone in the Heskey mould wouldn't be a bad acquisition either IMO. An old head that can help out players like Vardy to adapt to higher leagues. Still needed :decent right-back (unless De Laet is good there) and for me, an attacking midfielder in the Mark Davies mould, or King to be 'in' games a bit more.

Last edited:
Thank goodness for that - you could hear the owners & Pearson's collective sigh of relief at that news from here in Redditch.

I've had to apologise that the badge and commemorative certificate wasn't available today due to it being delivered in the plane with David Beckham.

What do we think to the new signings? interesting

I think that two will turn out to be rubbish (de Laet and Vardy) whilst, if he can stay fit, James would appear to be a cracking signing. Naturally, this means that de Laet and Vardy will become Leicester legends, and James will disappear into the ether! :icon_lol:

Cannot help but agree.Nige knows a striker.Maybe he could entice Adebola and then it would be job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263