January transfer window rumours - bullplop or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Capaldi

I would be relatively happy with this signing.
while its not going to get us brimming over with excitement its could help bring the stability we need and the consistancy our club desperately lacks.

mattock/sheehan may play out of their skins 1 week but the next they will be poor.

we need to start at the back - being consistant and capaldi would be a good start cuz it was a shame we never could get clarky because of 'the incident'

Last edited:

I would be relatively happy with this signing.
while its not going to get us brimming over with excitement its could help bring the stability we need and the consistancy our club desperately lacks.

mattock/sheehan may play out of their skins 1 week but the next they will be poor.

we need to start at the back - being consistant and capaldi would be a good start cuz it was a shame we never could get clarky because of 'the incident'

Didn't we have the best defensive record in the division not too long ago??

althoug, any improvement is an...erm improvement.

mattock for the future, and i like sheehan as a left mid - no 2 ways about it sheehan can cross

no 2 ways about it he can't get past a player to get one in.

Set pieces it is then. If we follow that logic we would should play Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal up front as they're bound to score a few from set pieces.

Maybe we can look for someone that can play footy as well as cross?

It freaks you out after a while it really does!! Gotta change it soon for my own sanity - I keep thinking it is trying to stare me out........... and winning!

I'm glad you feel that way too, I thought I was getting paranoid.

no 2 ways about it he can't get past a player to get one in.

Set pieces it is then. If we follow that logic we would should play Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal up front as they're bound to score a few from set pieces.

Maybe we can look for someone that can play footy as well as cross?

Beckham still gets games ;)

Re: Kris Commons

Although Commons is decent player, he's also a mood player and often gets stick from the crowd for his lack of effort. Hoolahan is one that has impressed and reports about his play week in week out are pretty good. Have a slight favouring towards him.
Agreed. If we can make it work, then I don't see why not, but I'd be a little cautious of Commons, highly talented though he is. We don't need another moody fecker in the squad, that's for sure. IH has already said he wants players with character, etc, so Commons may not fit.

I remember not too long back we signed a talented player from F****t who had a big future but maybe a question mark over his commitment.

What is Gareth Williams up to these days?

If we are going to sign a F****t player, I'd be well pleased with Tyson. He's a proper player and he's got the sort of physical strength nearly all of our squad is lacking.

If we are going to sign a F****t player, I'd be well pleased with Tyson. He's a proper player and he's got the sort of physical strength nearly all of our squad is lacking.

Trouble is he seems injury prone. Hamstring tear and knee ligament have kept him sidelined a lot. And Megson is reported to be interested in Tyson and Commons for Bolton. :icon_conf

...Just missed a pen for Derby but It has just been said on Radio 5 live that this is going to be his last game for the sheep shaggers as "there are rumours flying around the press room" that he will join city by the end of the week.

QPR want him as well and are ready to go above 1.5million for him. So thats us out of it.

Roberts and Savage

According to a poster on Foxestalk we have tabled a £4.4 million bid for these two. :icon_eek: :102:

Re: Roberts and Savage

I saw savage had been told he could go and wondered how long it would be untilt his story comes up.

Yeah right :icon_roll

I actually think savage could be a possability but I cant see the roberts thing or that amount of money.

Blimey, this is exciting now. Anyone heard about who isn't playing in the Man City and Liverpool game....I'm sure we've bid for some of the one's left out for that match aswell.

Re: kavanagh and howard?

Howard could be a done deal by the sounds of it?

From the BBC live scores bit
1438: Rumours in the press box suggest that this is Steve Howard's last game for Derby. He is off to Leicester City apparently. That penalty miss is not a fitting way to say goodbye, seeing as his goals got the Rams up last year.

I saw savage had been told he could go and wondered how long it would be untilt his story comes up.

In the NOTW this morning that both of them have been told they can go.

Can't see either of them coming here though, but would love it if they did.

Derby and Wigan are both supposedly interested in Savage and I'm sure Premiership clubs would like Roberts too.

Are you saying that only unbalanced people would believe it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669