January transfer window rumours - bullplop or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulop is an excellent keeper, however I don't believe we should be held to ransom by Sunderland. If we cannot come to a suitable agreement then I would imagine that an alternative target would no doubt be identified. If we cannot agree a deal for Fulop then I would like to see us go after one of the following Stuart Taylor (Villa), Carlo Nash (Wigan), Ian Walker (Bolton) or Jamie Ashdown (Pompey) who would IMO be available at least on loan, would welcome first team football and more than fill the void left by Fulop.

That would be interesting. He has been number two at Bolton for ages. I know Jaskelainen (sp?) is a better keeper but is being a benchwarmer the extent of Walkers ambitions for the past few years :102:

It makes me laugh when people complain about players being "the wrong side of 30".

It doesn't take a genius to work out that many players continue into their mid-to-late thrities now, so the idea that a player over 30 must be past it is a somewhat old fashioned view.

And how long is the average stay at a club these days? A year? Two years? The days of signing a young player and expecting/hoping they will be at City for a decade are LONG gone people.

It makes me laugh when people complain about players being "the wrong side of 30".

It doesn't take a genius to work out that many players continue into their mid-to-late thrities now, so the idea that a player over 30 must be past it is a somewhat old fashioned view.

And how long is the average stay at a club these days? A year? Two years? The days of signing a young player and expecting/hoping they will be at City for a decade are LONG gone people.

Ian Holloway on signing Hayles said:
"It doesn't take a genius to work out that he is just the sort of player that we need.

Are you IH's brother :icon_wink

An excellent point well made, sir.

I've seen a fair bit of Man.City and I've a few mates who are Man City fans and we all agree....he's crap.Hyped up because of his Dad.

Really? I think he's played brilliantly when I've seen him. Amazed that they loaned him out because I rate him much higher than their other keepers.

Kept clean sheets in pretty much every game he played for them at the start of the season!

Really? I think he's played brilliantly when I've seen him. Amazed that they loaned him out because I rate him much higher than their other keepers.

They don't but think Hart is excellent

Cobblers fan on FT said rumours are that we might be signing Bradley Johnson.

"You are due for talks with Brad Johnson from Northampton tomorrow. Rumour is the fee is £350k down, rising to £500k.
You boys heard anything about this?

He didn't play for us today, the club said they didnt want him getting injured. Apparently he was at the game anyway and was telling anyone who would listen that he was going to Leicester for talks tomorrow (Weds)."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670