January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Leeds want £2m for him but Newcastle only want to pay £1.5m.

There was a great bit of Freudian slip reporting on SSN the other night, they were talking about the Beckford to Newcastle story in their "back pages of the papers" bit. They said that Newcastle would not be held to ransom and weren't prepared to pay more than the three hundred million that Leeds wanted for him !!!

There was a great bit of Freudian slip reporting on SSN the other night, they were talking about the Beckford to Newcastle story in their "back pages of the papers" bit. They said that Newcastle would not be held to ransom and weren't prepared to pay more than the three hundred million that Leeds wanted for him !!!

Sorry, the Freudian element here eludes me :102:

If he doesn't play for us then I have no interest at all in where he goes or indeed how his career pans out.

I dunno. First wishing son of Fergy well now this. What is this place coming to :102:

Well i appreciate players within the game. It makes having the sky sports package a hell of a lot more interesting. However if he was up against the Foxes i can gurantee id want him to fall on his arse.

Sorry, the Freudian element here eludes me :102:

The Sky reporter thinks that Leeds are a phallic symbol, that he'd like to insert into his mother three hundred million times? :102:

Other than that, I'm lost.

Well i appreciate players within the game. It makes having the sky sports package a hell of a lot more interesting. However if he was up against the Foxes i can gurantee id want him to fall on his arse.

Good post. How can someone love football and not appreciate great players.

I came to love football through the brilliant goalkeeping of Eddie Hopkinson, the utter bravery of Nat Lofthouse, the almost tangible ferocity of Eddie Clamp and the sheer presence of Duncan Edwards long before I came to Leicester.

While at Leicester I have been privileged to enjoy the skills of George Best and Bobby Charlton. I cherish the memory of Ferencz Puskas playing at Filbert Street in a charity match and Roberto Carlos scoring for Brazil at the Walkers.

The decline of Leicester City in the last ten years has been sad for many reasons. One reason is that we have not had the chance to appreciate Rooney and Ronaldo.

The decline of Leicester City in the last ten years has been sad for many reasons. One reason is that we have not had the chance to appreciate Rooney and Ronaldo.

Despite my earlier comments I can actually see where you are coming from David.

However, and it's a big however, as much as I would like to see the likes of said players at the Walkers, during the 90 minutes of the game I wouldn't care if they had a mare.

While at Leicester I have been privileged to enjoy the skills of George Best and Bobby Charlton. I cherish the memory of Ferencz Puskas playing at Filbert Street in a charity match and Roberto Carlos scoring for Brazil at the Walkers.
For some reason, one of my fondest Filbert Street memories is when Ruud Gullit came on as a late sub for Chelsea and we all got to see him play at Filbo. He was a player I'd always admired so I was really chuffed.

Yeah, I gotta admit I was kinda annoyed when Ronaldo left ManUtd as it meant that I'd never get the chance to see him.

I'd love to be able to see players like Rooney, Torres and Drogba next season hopefully.

For some reason, one of my fondest Filbert Street memories is when Ruud Gullit came on as a late sub for Chelsea and we all got to see him play at Filbo. He was a player I'd always admired so I was really chuffed.

Ruud Gullit has to be one of the most under-rated players in history. His performance in the 1989 European Cup final is one of the best performances I've ever seen, and he was injured during it as well!

Last edited:
Also Mido is linked with a move back to England... how that man manages to find so many clubs i will never know !

I believe he took the same correspondence course as Trevor Benjamin.

The Oldham goalkeeper was sent off and there was a delay when Dean Windass took over the jersey. Windass then found reasons to delay and delay in a wonderful display of professionalism. By the time Matty took the penalty he had been given far too much time to think and it was most untypically weak.

I think that depends on how you define professionalism. Others might say it was a disgraceful display of cheating.

What's this about loving football? Has it suddenly become compulsory to have to 'appreciate' every player to love football? Do people who love their team at the expense of everything else not love football?

And how can somebody who has a sky sports package really be thought to love football? It's caused more damage to the game than any other single thing - the true friend of the sit-on-the-arse supporter but the enemy of the decent football fan.

And how can somebody who has a sky sports package really be thought to love football? It's caused more damage to the game than any other single thing - the true friend of the sit-on-the-arse supporter but the enemy of the decent football fan.

:038::038::038: All people who truly love the game should, by default, despise Sky Sports and everything it stands for.

:038::038::038: All people who truly love the game should, by default, despise Sky Sports and everything it stands for.

Much better to acknowledge that your club now has no hope of ever having any of the better players or challenging for top honours, and readjust your aspirations so that the highest dream is to watch a star from one of the rich clubs score against your team.

I think that depends on how you define professionalism. Others might say it was a disgraceful display of cheating.

Ahh, but if it had been Steve Howard going in goal for us and did the same, we'd think it was brilliant.

All depends on what side of the fence you're looking from.

Sky Sports involvement is a drop in the ocean regarding footballs money problems.

I enjoy it because i can watch live games from all over the world, not just Premiership stuff but as low as League 2 and as far away as the Australian leagues.

Unfortunately due to a mixture of family commitment and financial reasons i can't travel round the country watching games. I do make it to every single City home match though and the odd away match. So you can exclude me from the Arm Chair Supporters Club

I beleive Brian Clough started this debate off with an interesting interview with John Motson all those years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00