January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have him than Neilson

Same, although there are plenty of other right backs to be had on loan I'm sure. Having said that, I have a feeling that Nige won't be making any movements this month.

Kerrea Gilbert has joined Peterborough on 3 month loan.

I can't quite believe this. Even with proper fullbacks I would have him back - with McGivern and Neilson in the first eleven, about as technically gifted as a blind possum with Dysmelia, I am prepared to sit on a coach for 7 hours, watch Blackburn play the foulest, ugliest, direst piece of football I have ever seen and then go back 7 hours on the same bus just to have Gilbert back.

Ah, I did that just for fun on Thursday but you get my point!

Hope we've signed McGivern for no less than £45m loooooooolz

Last edited:
Pearson's remark in the Mercury saying that the defeat at Swansea was down to "a lack of quality" is interesting. Either preparing us for a fall to a more realistic league position, or we will bring someone in: even if it means selling our stars.

Billy Joe Armstrong after 23 with no wrongs, the thing is genius!

Edit, wrong thread

Last edited:
I think we just need to accept that NP will not be bringing anyone in unless we ship some of this deadwood out, which is highly unlikey, i think we can kiss our play-off dream goodbye, we are good enough for 7-12 place!

Yeah - let's give up.

we are lacking quality in the team such as right back, left back, wingers and a creative midfield, i know we are doing ok considering we have come straight up after relegation but Milan said he would invest and now he goes back to wheeling and dealing.

If we do not sign a few players that can improve the team then we are slowly falling down the league and expect us to finish between 7-12

It's a long old season, all teams will have blips.

Swansea, Blackpool, Palace, Shef Utd, are no better than us in terms of quality. We've got enough for the playoffs, just need a bit of luck, and a few more goals.

No panic button mashing from me. It's a competitive league with a number of teams in for a shout at the playoffs, we are one of them. We can finish anywhere from 4-12, and so could a number of other teams.

Swansea, Blackpool, Palace, Shef Utd, are no better than us in terms of quality. We've got enough for the playoffs, just need a bit of luck, and a few more goals.

I get what you mean, but I doubt many teams have players as bad as McGivern as cover for their first team players. I don't expect us to challenge in the playoffs and would be happy enough with a top ten finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669