Jay Spearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, has he or has he not played ever at right back? Does he know Jimmy Floyd Hasselpants? Was he ever tempted by the sight of Homer's lunch box? Does he play regularly for a top flight team who are only letting him out as they also love Leicester City?

Pearson has generally been right with the youngsters he has signed/loaned, I'm sure this will be no different. Good luck to the lad!

My Liverpool supporting mates seem to think he'll do a good job for us, energetic, thinks, but too small and they reckon he'll get sent off in his first game!

Well, has he or has he not played ever at right back? Does he know Jimmy Floyd Hasselpants? Was he ever tempted by the sight of Homer's lunch box? Does he play regularly for a top flight team who are only letting him out as they also love Leicester City?

Whereabouts is he on the Schlong chart? Is he a 'Dion Dublin' or a 'Joe Mattock'?
These are the important things we need to find out.

I hope he's as good as the last player named Spearing we had in our team......

ooh sweet jesus I second that... but if he plays well thats all that counts :icon_bigg

Unfortunatly he will be lost in a sea of handsome devils. Mozza, Weale, Oakley, Bruno etc If we can't be the best football team we could atleast be the best looking.

lolz

Am I the only one who finds a bit odd that for the announcement Spearing and Vaughan, there are quotes from MM about it, but not NP. Or I'm probably reading far too much into it.

According to the interview with Spearing it was Steve Walsh who watched him play and since Walsh is NPs man I take it that Nigel was involved.

The appointment of Steve Walsh is one that interests me as we have not had a head of recruitment before. Since he also has the job of sitting up in the stand and communicating from there to the bench I would guess that he is seen as a judge of a player and of a match - rather like Peter Taylor was at Forest.

Milan obviously decides how much money NP has to spend but I doubt whether he interferes much with the choice of player. The great example is during the reign of Martin Allen. Allen wanted Jimmyn Floyd Hassebainck, terms were agreed, Jimmy was photographed with the shirt and Martin Allen changed his mind as he had already got the "awesome" Carl Cort.

One might expect that Milan had a say in the foreign players but Kishishev was going to be Martin Allen's playmaker;Walsh had been monitoring Tunchev for some time and I would guess NPs Newcastle connection was important in getting Nobby. As expected Martin Allen's choice flopped and the choices of NP and Walsh were excellent.

as we have not had a head of recruitment before.

Was the bloke he came from boro not roughly the same thing. He was only here a few days before he got sacked, but he managed to find rough diamonds like Sappleton and Sergio Hellings.

Was the bloke he came from boro not roughly the same thing. He was only here a few days before he got sacked, but he managed to find rough diamonds like Sappleton and Sergio Hellings.

I seem to recall he left under a bit of a cloud. No suggestion of, ahem, bungs or anything of course. Oh no, his recommendations were all fine footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566