Jermaine Beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlantafox

I believe his attitude today deserves a new thread. I was personally very happy when we signed him as I felt he could form a great partnership with Nugent but his attitude since he signed has been a joke. If he doesn't want to give everything to the cause he should at best be sitting on the bench - but probably better still in the stands. It doesn't matter what he costs or where he came from - we don't need someone like him in the team unless he changes his attitude. I think this is where a strong manager will help - he needs someone who can control his arrogant attitude and let us see the clear goal scoring abilities he possesses. If this is another DJ let's cut our losses quickly but I think someone like Lee Clark can knock him into shape.

indierich06

I know that RL today gave the impression he was pretty crap bar a header that Green saved. But I would rather go with the thoughts of the City fans that were at Upton Park.

He was shite. No invention or guile at all and he looked very disinterested tbh. Once Steve Howard came on we looked like a different side. I don't think he personally did much to applaud, but the rest of the team played much better once he was on. Beckford's attitude when he got subbed was a disgrace. He started running off and everyone cheered for Steve Howard and when he heard that he stopped running, shot the Leicester fans a dirty look and walked the rest of the way. Tosser.

Rotherham Fox

My mate a Leeds fan laughed when we signed him. Said he went missing most of the game and only scored goals because he was playing Div 1. We should be playing Schlupp instead at least he hungry, see his goal v Derby

Dunmow Fox

He was shite. No invention or guile at all and he looked very disinterested tbh. Once Steve Howard came on we looked like a different side. I don't think he personally did much to applaud, but the rest of the team played much better once he was on. Beckford's attitude when he got subbed was a disgrace. He started running off and everyone cheered for Steve Howard and when he heard that he stopped running, shot the Leicester fans a dirty look and walked the rest of the way. Tosser.

spot on..... unfortunately.. total attitude problem

Scotfox

I do wonder if he flatters to deceive, perhaps a more forthright manager could get the best out of him, he certainly needs someone his to challenge his attitude, and bring him down a peg or two. A stint on the bench, plus some hard training sessions wouldn't go amiss. Given the apparent applicants for the Managers job, who would be best suited for this type of role, exclude MON who probably isn't coming back and Keane whose a bully any way.

Miles Away

I've seen him play three times.

He was absolutely dreadful at Boro.

I've also seen him score some terrific goals over the years....one way or another City are going to need to get him playing.

Matt_B

My mate a Leeds fan laughed when we signed him. Said he went missing most of the game and only scored goals because he was playing Div 1. We should be playing Schlupp instead at least he hungry, see his goal v Derby

He was Everton's top scorer.

Matt_B

I do wonder if he flatters to deceive, perhaps a more forthright manager could get the best out of him, he certainly needs someone his to challenge his attitude, and bring him down a peg or two. A stint on the bench, plus some hard training sessions wouldn't go amiss. Given the apparent applicants for the Managers job, who would be best suited for this type of role, exclude MON who probably isn't coming back and Keane whose a bully any way.

I wish I knew as much about what training sessions he has at the minute as you do.

homer

We might as well just kill him, and have done with it

Scotfox

No I don't know his training regime, but whatever it is it's certainly not working. Jock Wallace ( yes I'm that old) didn't mess about when confronted with players who were not playing to their potential, he simply made them work harder than they had ever done and those players did respond, they gave 100% on a Saturday, because they knew if they didn't they would pay in sweat the following week. That squad had nothing like the talent that SGE has assembled, some of the players may be disappointed at his sacking, others if the rumour mill is to be believed will be glad he's gone, but the common thread is the fact they are professional footballers paid to give 100% in matches. If a player is not doing that he deserves criticism and that is precisley why Beckford has been singled out, he clearly is not and has not given of his best in the matches he has played.

big_mac4824

He was released by leeds one because of the money, and two because he disrupted the dressing room, Moyes couldnt wait to get rid of him, appears we have wasted our money with this wank~r. we should have bided our time and stuck with schlupp and howard

Matt_B

He was released by leeds one because of the money, and two because he disrupted the dressing room, Moyes couldnt wait to get rid of him, appears we have wasted our money with this wank~r. we should have bided our time and stuck with schlupp and howard

Yeah because that is a quality forward line. FFS training regimes and paying in sweat. Some people are stuck in the 70s.

big_mac4824

Yeah because that is a quality forward line. FFS training regimes and paying in sweat. Some people are stuck in the 70s.
I am not saying it is, more that sven panicked and went in for Beckford,the jury is still out with Beckford. With the strikers who were at the club before beckford arrived, we would have coped just as well. My point was, we can mix it up with the four strikers that we had before Beckford arrived. sometimes teams do have to resort playing long ball arcane football, something I feel that cost Sven his job, especially with regards to the Millwall game!

big_mac4824

we could attack but, however Sven stuck to moving the ball about and using pace, something that can be negated with a hard midfield, and a defence that sits deep.during the Millwall game we did put in some decent crossess, however we lacked a direct threat IMO, Kenny Jacket was aware of this. Look at every side that has come to the King Power to play football! Every one that did lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669