Joey Gudjonsson wants out of AZ and wants England return

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should have another thread to discuss the merits of whether or not we should have re-signed him. The current 3 are quite insufficient :icon_roll

I think we should have another thread to discuss the merits of whether or not we should have re-signed him. The current 3 are quite insufficient :icon_roll

Maybe we could have a separate poll about it as well ?

From the OS

Rob Kelly today (Monday) spoke of his frustration after losing out on the signature of former midfielder Joey Gudjonsson.

The Icelandic international completed a £150,000 move to Burnley this morning from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar.

And Kelly confirmed that he himself had been interested in bringing back the player to the Walkers Stadium for a second spell with the Foxes.

Kelly said: "Joey is a player who we have monitored closely since he left and we would have liked to have brought him back. I asked the question, but was told that we weren't in a position to be able to do anything.

"That is where we are and in the end there was nothing we could do about it.

"Joey was our player of the season and if we could have brought him back then it would have given everyone a lift.

"I don't want to take anything away from the group of players we have got - but I think a couple of new faces would help us in our quest to move forward.

"We have got to deal with where we are. We have tried to bring players in and I have gone to ask the question to the people who are in charge at the moment. But the answer has been no because we are unable to do it financially.

"We will continue looking at players and asking the question."

The setback comes on the back of Chris O'Grady's departure to Rotherham United last Thursday.

Kelly added: "Chris had come to see me a while back. He is 21 at the end of this month and when you get to that age you want to be playing regularly. I understand that. I went through a similar scenario as a player. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards in league terms to move along.

"We had had a couple of offers for him. In an ideal world you keep young players like Chris for as long as you can because he hasn't finished developing yet. He is still in the final stages of being a young player.

"But we are not in a position where we can keep him for another 12 to 18 months to monitor him. I have got to try and free something up to bring in a loan player."

Sums up neatly the limited horizons of our (current) manager

Sums up neatly the limited horizons of our (current) manager

What?

That he wanted to bring back a player he knows well, trusts and was our player of the season last year, can score goals from midfield (unlike our current midfielders), knows the other players and will have no problem settling in?

Unlike players he doesn't know and with a limited budget currently would be less of a certainty?!

What?

That he wanted to bring back a player he knows well, trusts and was our player of the season last year, can score goals from midfield (unlike our current midfielders), knows the other players and will have no problem settling in?

Unlike players he doesn't know and with a limited budget currently would be less of a certainty?!

What ?

His idea of a step forward for the club is a step back to a player who was average at best over a number of years and who, in my opinion, is nothing better than we have already

What ?

His idea of a step forward for the club is a step back to a player who was average at best over a number of years and who, in my opinion, is nothing better than we have already

And there's the rub, your opinion, which I don't share and apparently neither does RK.

For £150k I doubt you'd find a better midfielder proven at this level.

However, I grant you that if MM's money comes in and £150k meant missing out on a better player I'd be less than pleased. But I think Burnley have got a bargain at that price.

You can't have a go at RK for thi sone, he tried to sign back a player that we clearly miss, but couldn't afford to, how in any way is that his fault? :102:

Last edited:
You can't have a go at RK for thi sone, he tried to sign back a player that we clearly miss, but couldn't afford to, how in any way is that his fault? :102:

I agree, it's not Kellys fault :018: !! If we pick up any more injuries we might be at a loose end.... He is doing his best, and i believe when / if MM arrives Kelly and LCFC will be back on track for success! So hurry up LCFC!!:tumbleweed:

What ?

Spot on. :023:

bloody typical another player we miss out on.. this club is going downhill we need Milan and fast, we need some ££ how boring is it being a city fan with no money to spend, not linked with any players, average team and management and a struggling championship side!!! utter shit being a leicester fan atm :098:

And there's the rub, your opinion, which I don't share and apparently neither does RK.

However, I grant you that if MM's money comes in and £150k meant missing out on a better player I'd be less than pleased. But I think Burnley have got a bargain at that price.

Fact is Kelly's grand plan for the club was to keep Shit O'Grady and bring back a less-than-average and much overrated Joey Gudjonsson

marvellous

could this be the 150k rk reportedly asked the current board for and was rejected?:102:

fecking hell, I agree with you here Dunc..... where is my medication..:icon_bigg :icon_bigg

yeah plus we got rid of O gravy, LOW and sylla surely we could have got him on loan till MM came in???

This is bollox, JG was a great player for us laft season, he scored goals from midfield and was a fighter (we dont have one of those feckers right now)

as for him not being very good and a step back etc, look at people like lillian nallis, playing for a far better team than us and more than likely enjoying plymouths season whilst being an influential player. JG will do exactly the same for burnley, who are already a better team than us with a better manager than us with more money than us.

so if they are better in all of those departments and they pick up a player who some on here think is shite, someone is wrong, and i know who.

JG will now rip us apart when we play burnley and may have some of you saying 'oh if only we had a ****ing player who can play like that and show some bollox.

I hate our currentl squad, i think most of them are a bunch of ****ing cocks who cant play football to save their foooking lives. JG over any of our current central midfield players any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669