Kasper Schmeichel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news. I also think this is a great indication of the faith that he has in the management and the owners. If we were lacking any kind of ambition, I think he would have disappeared as soon as the trophy parade had finished. The futures is bright! I hope!

Strange how we all see things differently. I never had any doubt he would still be here. All his comments to the press and during interviews never indicated otherwise as I interpreted them.

I had that opinion, though it wouldn't have been the first time a player has lied about wanting to stay at a club.

Excellent video of Kasper's highlights from this year and after watching that, he's easily been worth as many points as Nuge & Vardy have and will probably prove to be our best signing this summer!

Really pleased we've got him tied down but would be good to see something on the OS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent video of Kasper's highlights from this year and after watching that, he's easily been worth as many points as Nuge & Vardy have and will probably prove to be our best signing this summer!

Really pleased we've got him tied down but would be good to see something on the OS.

Nice

Last edited by a moderator:
This is excellent news. May gets better and better.

There is one simple fact. If you are going to stay in the Premier League you need players of Premier League quality. Most people would agree that Kasper is of Premier League quality.
This is a good singing in itself.

It also has a psychological impact. What message would it have sent to players, supporters and football generally if Leicester's (perhaps) best known player decided he wanted to play somewhere else..

Basically saying that he's very close to signing 4-year deal. Not signed but in agreement about the contract. Contract include a clause to leave for a set fee if City are relegated. Loves it at the club. Good fans, good setup, good management and happy to stay. Premier League has always been his aim and now he's there to stay.

edit; article also says he'll be our best paid player in the history of the club. £40000 a week.

Last edited:
Basically saying that he's very close to signing 4-year deal. Not signed but in agreement about the contract. Contracts include a clause to leave for a set fee if City are relegated. Loves it at the club. Good fans, good setup, good management and happy to stay. Premier League has always been his aim and now he's there to stay.

edit; article also says he'll be our best paid player in the history of the club. £40000 a week.

Nice.

Basically saying that he's very close to signing 4-year deal. Not signed but in agreement about the contract. Contracts include a clause to leave for a set fee if City are relegated. Loves it at the club. Good fans, good setup, good management and happy to stay. Premier League has always been his aim and now he's there to stay.

Ta very much

For Kasper Schmeichel it's all about one thing in the coming season. To try to establish itself as a real keeper in Leicester, which has moved to the Premier League.

This is despite offers from other clubs and the opportunity to move on in football career, but everyone - including quite interesting things - has been rejected.

- I can not put concrete things on the table. But there have been opportunities, and there have been some very interesting things.

- My goal has always been to play in the Premier League, and it must Leicester now and I feel really good about the club, says Schmeichel.

Leicester won the second best British series with Schmeichel as solid goalkeeper, and it is also the goal to preserve the square at the highest level.

- I do not think there is any reason to start taking chances with my career right now. You are never guaranteed to play, but I do know that I have a good chance to play in Leicester.

- For me, time has always been the most important. If it had not been the case, then there might have been some very fun club switches considered.

- But that's not what I'm interested in right now. For me it's about playing and trying to establish myself as a Premier League goalkeeper, and then we will see from there, he says.

Currently, Schmeichel joined with the national team in Elsinore, where he has views to boot into Wednesday's friendly against Sweden at Parken.

- It's a good duel. I think we are three really good goalkeepers in the squad. And of course we would all play. So it is that we all provide best effort when we train.

- If you then get the chance, so we grab the hope, says Kasper Schmeichel.

In addition Schmeichel's Jesper Hansen and Stephan Andersen, who was on target in Thursday's 2-2 match away to Hungary, also in the national team squad.

For Kasper Schmeichel it's all about one thing in the coming season. To try to establish itself as a real keeper in Leicester, which has moved to the Premier League.

This is despite offers from other clubs and the opportunity to move on in football career, but everyone - including quite interesting things - has been rejected.

- I can not put concrete things on the table. But there have been opportunities, and there have been some very interesting things.

- My goal has always been to play in the Premier League, and it must Leicester now and I feel really good about the club, says Schmeichel.

Leicester won the second best British series with Schmeichel as solid goalkeeper, and it is also the goal to preserve the square at the highest level.

- I do not think there is any reason to start taking chances with my career right now. You are never guaranteed to play, but I do know that I have a good chance to play in Leicester.

- For me, time has always been the most important. If it had not been the case, then there might have been some very fun club switches considered.

- But that's not what I'm interested in right now. For me it's about playing and trying to establish myself as a Premier League goalkeeper, and then we will see from there, he says.

Currently, Schmeichel joined with the national team in Elsinore, where he has views to boot into Wednesday's friendly against Sweden at Parken.

- It's a good duel. I think we are three really good goalkeepers in the squad. And of course we would all play. So it is that we all provide best effort when we train.

In addition Schmeichel's Jesper Hansen and Stephan Andersen, who was on target in Thursday's 2-2 match away to Hungary, also in the national team squad.
Danish is a funny language

Ta very much

I'm waiting for this duel between Kasper, Logan and Harmer with baited breath.:icon_bigg

Now if it's eating pies I can see Conrad winning.

You've misread the garbled translation. The 3 way duel he was talking about is for Denmark (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00