Kindle Fire HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems all of the flaws I found with the original Fire I bought on release day in the US are still there and they are adding more, however my sister is getting on OK with the unit since I gave it to her after buying a real tablet.

What is this real tablet?

I'd make sure you do the same with the Playbook too Mawsley because a lot of the other tabs are coming down to similar prices even though that got 'dropped' a year or 2 back. They're supposedly great for multimedia playback (vids/audio) but I'm unsure with regards to e-reading as they do not have anywhere near the amount of apps available on the Play Store or Apple Store so definitely worth looking into first as that seemed to be one of the main prerequisite.

Galaxy Tab2 7" down to £120(ish)

Despite that though, if I was in the market for a tab now I'd still go for the Nexus 7 even though slightly higher in price or the Acer linked before depending on reviews as don't know a lot on that but seems good spec:price wise.

I couldn't go for a 7" now Iv'e had 10" in my hands :icon_surp

Ah, I didn't realise you could have a 10" Ainol so perhaps that was why I was left wanting for more after.

You had an Ainol experience too then?

Mine was OK as it was my first time but I've since found there are much better options.

Right there with you, M17TT - but I'm not convinced about the better options bit

It's spelt anal, by the way

They're supposedly great for multimedia playback (vids/audio) but I'm unsure with regards to e-reading

No tablet that I have seen yet can beat the Kindle for book reading. Try reading on a tablet in bright sunshine. You can on a Kindle.

No tablet that I have seen yet can beat the Kindle for book reading. Try reading on a tablet in bright sunshine. You can on a Kindle.

I have a basic kindle for books and a tablet for tablety things, best idea imo

I find books okay for that

Last edited:
I find books okay for that

Books are OK if they are yours and you have owned them from new. Otherwise, think of the germs and bits of skin that adorns the pages.

Right there with you, M17TT - but I'm not convinced about the better options bit

It's spelt anal, by the way

No, it's Ainol and the Nexus 7 is far superior to anything they offer.

Old people and technology really don't mix.

Ah balls, I forgot that new smiley Macky started the other day.

Always need to spell things out with old people.

haha sorry pops. It's just a link to a forum where people post good deals. If you click the 'get deal' button on the links I provided, it will take you to the retailer that is offering the product at said prices.

Hope that is big enough for your old eyes too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669