Kishishev Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
great signing, any of you moaning about this really are deluded.

Quality ... better than signing good prospects right now, tried and tested, good work MA.

Do you honestly think it was a MA signing ?? MA openly stated that he went out to Bulgaria to 'check him over for himself' - I think it's very plain to see exactly whose signing the players !!

Bulgarian International Joins Foxes
Posted on: Tue 19 Jun 2007

Leicester City have today further bolstered their international ranks with the signing of Bulgarian midfielder Radostin Kishishev from Charlton Athletic.

The 31-year-old, who has amassed an impressive 59 caps for his country, becomes boss Martin Allen's sixth capture of the close season.

Kishishev joined Charlton in 2000 and went on to amass 149 Premiership appearances for the club before joining Leeds United on loan towards the end of the 2006-07 campaign.

The player has signed a two-year-contract with the club, keeping him at the Walkers Stadium until at least the end of the 2009-10 campaign.
Article continues
Advertisement

Kishishev is a player with immense experience on the international stage - and represented his country in Euro 96 and the 1998 FIFA World Cup.

Known for his determination and effort on the field, Kishishev looks set to become a real favourite with the Foxes faithful.

City manager Allen said: "I went out to Bulgaria to watch him play against Belarus recently. I just wanted to check him over for myself to make sure that he still had energy and he still had enthusiasm. He played very well in that game.

"He has had other clubs after him, so it has been a bit of a nervy wait. But I delighted that he has agreed to come here.

"He's down to earth and he's not big time. He's a solid citizen and he will be good for this club.

"He gives us some steel in the centre of midfield. He knows what the game is about and he will be a good player for this club."

Kishishev was part of the Bulgaria side that gained a 2-1 victory over Belarus in Sofia a fortnight ago.

The player will now join up with his new Leicester team-mates when the players return to Belvoir Drive to begin their pre-season training campaign on Monday, July 2.

Do you honestly think it was a MA signing ?? MA openly stated that he went out to Bulgaria to 'check him over for himself' - I think it's very plain to see exactly whose signing the players !!

Does suggest MA has some input though. Milan, Makay, and the scouts are finding players, which is not unusual at any club. The manager usually gets the final say though, and will have a role in convincing the player to come here. its not all down to him, but he is involved.

Last edited:

Which might explain why the bigger name Managers wouldn't come here

I see from the Mockery report picture they've done some sort of psychedelic light show to announce the new signing:

kishishev-tu25.jpg

Will be quality in CM. Very happy with this! :038::038:

Just what we've been missing in midfield - and personally I couldn't be bothered if it was the tea lady that signed him. BTW, I can't believe how some posters are complaining that Allen is not searching out these players himself - that's what a director of football does, and it was obvious that MM would bring one in whoever the manager was.

Just what we've been missing in midfield - and personally I couldn't be bothered if it was the tea lady that signed him. BTW, I can't believe how some posters are complaining that Allen is not searching out these players himself - that's what a director of football does, and it was obvious that MM would bring one in whoever the manager was.
:038:

he openly stated in an interview that HE has the final say on who comes here and who goes.

i think many managers who come from league2 to the championship would be very glad to have such an experienced chairman to help him acclimatize to the league by giving him the odd player of the correct quality to look at.

Just because MM is suggesting players to him doesnt mean they are not good players, it's a good thing that the entire club is moving in the same direction and everyone from scout to chairman to manager are not just ruling anyone out.

so shut up ;)

he openly stated in an interview that HE has the final say on who comes here and who goes.

i think many managers who come from league2 to the championship would be very glad to have such an experienced chairman to help him acclimatize to the league by giving him the odd player of the correct quality to look at.

Just because MM is suggesting players to him doesnt mean they are not good players, it's a good thing that the entire club is moving in the same direction and everyone from scout to chairman to manager are not just ruling anyone out.

so shut up ;)

:icon_lol::icon_lol::038::038:

so shut up ;)

Would MA have signed these players if they hadnt been suggested? I very much doubt it. So like it or not having these other people involved completley changes who we sign. Wether thats good or bad is open for debate. In a way I am pleased MA hasnt been left to his own devices in the transfer market.

Would MA have signed these players if they hadnt been suggested? I very much doubt it. So like it or not having these other people involved completley changes who we sign. Wether thats good or bad is open for debate. In a way I am pleased MA hasnt been left to his own devices in the transfer market.

N'Gotty, Cort, and Kishishev are well known players, if they come up on a list of available players (The PFA send such a list to every football club) then i would expect a lot of managers would make an enquiry.

Also agents can be very active in making clubs aware of players. How do you think MM hears about them?

MMs contacts might give him an edge with 'buying' players from clubs, but free transfers are well advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669