Kisnorbo Latest According to Aussie Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

Posted on Foxestalk

The source is an Aussie newspaper who he spoke to briefly upon arriving home (Dated May 6th).

Daily Telegrah (AUS)

Blackburn, Everton and relegated Birmingham City are all admirers while Leicester boss Rob Kelly has opened discussions aimed at delivering to Kisnorbo – who has two years left on his current deal – a new contract worth in excess of $1 million a year.

Just as a guide: $1m is about £414,000 a year - or almost £8,000 a week.

Personally I dont believe that a 1/3 of a season of decent perofrmances merits a new contract, surely if he can push on next season then fair do's maybe consider it, these proves to me he is on his way out. We can only be negotiating to try and match offers he has already recieved from these clubs.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Posted on Foxestalk

The source is an Aussie newspaper who he spoke to briefly upon arriving home (Dated May 6th).

Daily Telegrah (AUS)

Blackburn, Everton and relegated Birmingham City are all admirers while Leicester boss Rob Kelly has opened discussions aimed at delivering to Kisnorbo – who has two years left on his current deal – a new contract worth in excess of $1 million a year.

Just as a guide: $1m is about £414,000 a year - or almost £8,000 a week.

Personally I dont believe that a 1/3 of a season of decent perofrmances merits a new contract, surely if he can push on next season then fair do's maybe consider it, these proves to me he is on his way out. We can only be negotiating to try and match offers he has already recieved from these clubs.

Is he really worth making the highest paid player at the club is the question that needs to be asked.

Personally I dont believe that a 1/3 of a season of decent perofrmances merits a new contract, surely if he can push on next season then fair do's maybe consider it, these proves to me he is on his way out. We can only be negotiating to try and match offers he has already recieved from these clubs.[/QUOTE]
Tend to agree with you A-Z I think if the likes of Blackburn & Everton show an interest he will go just to get a taste of premiership football if nothing else.

fcukcov said:
Is he really worth making the highest paid player at the club is the question that needs to be asked.

one of the most improved players under RK IMO. He even gave up the chance to play for the aussies in a tournament in March as he wanted to make sure we were safe from relegation. Thats commitment

fcukcov said:

I really cannot see how the club can justify it, yes Kisnorbo has played very well under Kelly but surely he doesnt warrant an improved contract at this stage. How can the club state they want young, hungry and ambitious indioviduals and then set about rewarding them for 20 or so games of mediocrity (that is being polite) and 15 games of decent performances.

I am concerned that bearing in mind our current financial position, that we are throwing money at a player who has played well for three months, what sort of message does this send out to the rest of the squad.

Boy Genius said:
one of the most improved players under RK IMO. He even gave up the chance to play for the aussies in a tournament in March as he wanted to make sure we were safe from relegation. Thats commitment
He has done very well since CL left, im not disputing that boy, what Im saying is why not just let him go and get the transfer money. We can get someone of a similar standard on much less wages Im sure. Also it would give Rk the money he requires to go wheeling and dealing, two clubs viying for PK signature would surely bump the price upto between 500 and 750K IMO.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
I really cannot see how the club can justify it, yes Kisnorbo has played very well under Kelly but surely he doesnt warrant an improved contract at this stage. How can the club state they want young, hungry and ambitious indioviduals and then set about rewarding them for 20 or so games of mediocrity (that is being polite) and 15 games of decent performances.

I am concerned that bearing in mind our current financial position, that we are throwing money at a player who has played well for three months, what sort of message does this send out to the rest of the squad.

If we can shift MdV we could afford quite a bit.....

fcukcov said:
He has done very well since CL left, im not disputing that boy, what Im saying is why not just let him go and get the trnasfer money. We can get someone of a similar standard on much less wages Im sure. Also it would give Rk the money he requires to go wheeling and dealing, two clubs viying for PK signature would surely bump the price upto between 500 and 750K IMO.

Also by offering him a new improved contract are we not replicating the mistakes made under Taylor, offering players silly money in an attempt to keep them, he signed a 3 year contract last summer, on money he must have been happy with at the time, he has played well and now had his head turned by interest from other clubs, IMO he either stays on his original contract and earns his pay rise through winning promotion, if he is truly happy and believes in what Kelly is doing he will stay, or the club cash in and use the funds to bring players in who truly want to play for Leicester City.

Duzza said:
If we can shift MdV we could afford quite a bit.....

But do you really believe we can justify paying Kisnorbo 8k a week on the back of a handful of good performances.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
But do you really believe we can justify paying Kisnorbo 8k a week on the back of a handful of good performances.

Not at all,especially not when the money could go to paying a decent left winger/left back. Get shot of him, he ain't that good.

PFKAKTF FOX said:

This rumour comes from an aussie newspaper, and they are all lying bastards the lot of them, thats why they are aussies....:icon_bigg

Dont believe all you read, and deffo not from an aussie rag

Duzza said:
Not at all,especially not when the money could go to paying a decent left winger/left back. Get shot of him, he ain't that good.

Shift O'Grady out too...............:biggrin: What a daft haircut..

Duzza said:

I agree, would be footballing suicide to offer a new contract so early on, could be the blessing we need, if we can get 750k to even a million for him could just allow us to keep hold of Stearman and for RK to bring in 3 or 4 decent players.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I agree, would be footballing suicide to offer a new contract so early on, could be the blessing we need, if we can get 750k to even a million for him could just allow us to keep hold of Stearman and for RK to bring in 3 or 4 decent players.

The club has to be careful as this is the first season in around 12 years where we have not had either premiership money or parachute payments coming in. We are now totally in the hands of the board for proper business minded direction... which means any player we have has a value

Boy Genius said:
The club has to be careful as this is the first season in around 12 years where we have not had either premiership money or parachute payments coming in. We are now totally in the hands of the board for proper business minded direction... which means any player we have has a value

Exactly so the last thing we can afford to do is dish out inflated contracts to players who as yet have proved and achieved very little, except saving their sorry arses from relegation.

Whilst I believe we have a nucleus of a decent side under Kelly, and Kisnorbo is one of those players, none have justifed improved or extended contracts, all they did prove under Kelly was how they should have performed throughout the season.

Boy Genius said:
Shift O'Grady out too...............:biggrin: What a daft haircut..
I think O'Grady has got something special about him, I would like to see more of him next season not just 10 minutes off the bench, even with his daft haircut. :icon_razz

He's only got hair like that at the moment because in a few years time he won't have the luxury... :icon_razz

That's my 999th post. I might disappear now like the enigmatic Malf.....

Last edited:
The guy has been like a rock at centre back, almost never loses a header and has very good anticipation. He's better than McCarthy, no question in my mind.

Being an Aussie, he'll be hard working and we can all see he's got a good engine. He could go a long way.

If an improved contract keeps him, then so be it. I doubt he'll go to Brum, also Weir and Stubbs are signing 12 month extensions at Everton, so thats got to be good news for us :098:

Souto said:
The guy has been like a rock at centre back, almost never loses a header and has very good anticipation. He's better than McCarthy, no question in my mind.

Being an Aussie, he'll be hard working and we can all see he's got a good engine. He could go a long way.

If an improved contract keeps him, then so be it. I doubt he'll go to Brum, also Weir and Stubbs are signing 12 month extensions at Everton, so thats got to be good news for us :098:

I have to disagree on both parts, he missed the header against Southampton in the cup for starters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00