• kop

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • L1

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
lazzer said:
they need to seriously review west stand prices for next year i hate looking across at an empty stand

I've just been having a look at the various ticket prices on the OS.

In the centre of the West Stand, where facilities are better - better access on the concourse and a soft seat - the tickets are only £2 more expensive. The West Stand wings are actually cheaper than the A&L wings, so you can sit in the West Stand cheaper than you can stand in L1.

It seems that price is not the reason for the empty West Stand. It seems more likely that it is due to there being comparitively few season ticket holders in there.

Johnb_lcfc said:
i think i see the problem..

fcuking woman

Fcuking woman is a problem? Are you not getting enough?

Johnb_lcfc said:
i think i see the problem..

fcuking woman :X

lol
I know someone else has said this but I have to say it has never really been a problem for me......

beaumontfox said:
HMPH!!:icon_eek:
hgjklpwm.

sorry thought we were just posting random letters. Doh! just given scarb another idea to get his bloody post count up.

L1 without a shadow of a doubt, you get scowled at if you stand up in the Kop. Why they called it the Kop is a joke... Full of noise my arse! The old kop was a 1,000,000 times better! banter in the corner with the away fans... Which is what L1 is all about. Had heard for the sheff utd game the stewards were far more relaxed and there was no trouble!

Fantastic idea moving the Kop and family stands around. Would improve the atmosphere 10 fold... Fully expect the S.A.G To stick their oar in on this one but I believe the club would have to forsake a 10% reduction in the ground capicity if they were to do this....

Move the Kop! L1 Rules... together we can be a force!

What is the problem?

Everyone has a choice where they sit, if they want to sit in the kop fine, if they want to sit in L1 fine, there are plenty of seats to go around.

By all means talk up our own particular area but lets not try and impose our own ideas on everyone else.

I think people would rather moan about the fact that the kop is the otherside of the ground to the away fans, rather then admit the truth that the Kop will never sing as it used to in Filbert Street. Its not because of the stadium its because instead of a couple of thousand of drunk middle aged men singing, its full of families. Now im not suggesting families shouldnt sit their, but when half the stand is full of parents looking after their children it aint going to help the atmosphere! :102: :102:

Don't get this 'I'd like to sit next to the away fans' business. I do that at away games, I don't like the oppo fans, WTF do I want to get close to them for? To flick the Vs at them? I'd rather watch the game than bait some Burberry'd fool.

The emerging consensus seems to be that L1 sounds fine to those inside it, but is inaudible from the South Stand, and vice versa. Hold the front page.

Willow, I think the lack of noise compared to Filbo has got a fair bit to do with the ground, mainly that Filbo was a tight little stadium that held in noise whereas we now live in a bowl, giving much more room for noise to dissipate. Also, which seems to be rarely mentioned, the years leading up to leaving Filbo were exciting, plenty of games lent themselves to all-round-the-ground noise. Contrast to now. Even in the promotion season I can only remember a genuinely fizzing atmosphere for the games with Forest and Millwall. So often now I just don't FEEL like singing, my tongue lies like a log in my mouth!

I still think that at Filbert Street Families didnt go into the kop because they knew what it would be like. However, at the walkers families have been encouraged to sit there and hence it dilutes the atmosphere!

Stop calling it the Kop, I would. Remember that at Filbo there was the Kop and Double Decker (where I sat), basically for the younger and skinter element (I started going as a student in '99 - swift peak and downhill ever since!). When the new ground was built I wanted a roughly analogous seat and I would imagine lots of others did too. So yes, you have the old Double Deckers mixed in with the Kop-ites. But the DD had a better atmosphere than our ground does now.

As far as I can remember most other grounds (especiallly premiership grounds) do not have away fans next to their kop, and in many cases does not seem to affect the atmosphere, e.g. Liverpool.

Maybe the answer would be to define a significant area of the kop as an adult / singing area, with more tolerant language / standing rules.

Bangkok Blue said:
L1 without a shadow of a doubt, you get scowled at if you stand up in the Kop. Why they called it the Kop is a joke... Full of noise my arse! The old kop was a 1,000,000 times better! banter in the corner with the away fans... Which is what L1 is all about. Had heard for the sheff utd game the stewards were far more relaxed and there was no trouble!

Fantastic idea moving the Kop and family stands around. Would improve the atmosphere 10 fold... Fully expect the S.A.G To stick their oar in on this one but I believe the club would have to forsake a 10% reduction in the ground capicity if they were to do this....

Move the Kop! L1 Rules... together we can be a force!

i agree entirely with that:038:

bocadillo said:
The fact is that most in the Kop don't really want to be any nearer the away fans and will therefore be against swapping ends.

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8215

I don't care if we call a new section at the north end of the ground the kop or whatever (it's only a name and the real kop is now dead), just as long as we make it clear that this is the Leicester end where you go if you want to let your hair down at city, an adult area? I'm sure anyone who wants to stay at the other end 'Kop' could do so. No one should be forced to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669