• kop

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • L1

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnb_lcfc said:
L1 fans are the fans creating the best atmosphere with old traditional songs still sung.

the kop singers should move to L1 to try to create something like sk1 or the kop should be moved to the other end but seeing as about 80% of the people in the kop dont give a shit about the atmospher then i doubt they will care and probably want to stay where they are so they dont hear the nasty away fans swearing

It might also be that they don't want to hear the nasty home fans swearing at the away fans.

People go to the match for their own reasons and get out of it what they want to get out of it. To say that the L1 fans are creating the best atmosphere is just an opinion - if it is true, it is an atmosphere that doesn't stretch very far.

If the singers in L1 want to sit in the Kop, I am sure that they would be welcomed. It's sad that they seem to think that they can only create atmosphere in the one place.

your right people do all go to the footy for their own reasons, but i remember the old kop where everyone used to go to get behind the lads and sing their hearts out. it seems to me the Kop is simply an overated family stand. if you move the kop to the opposite end then the people who are currently in the kop who sing and understand what the old kop was like will move, the families and people who dont really give a toss about the atmosphere will remain where they are.

lako42 said:
your right people do all go to the footy for their own reasons, but i remember the old kop where everyone used to go to get behind the lads and sing their hearts out. it seems to me the Kop is simply an overated family stand. if you move the kop to the opposite end then the people who are currently in the kop who sing and understand what the old kop was like will move, the families and people who dont really give a toss about the atmosphere will remain where they are.

You seem to think that all the 'singers and chanters' were always in the Kop at Filbert Street - that is certainly not so. Throughout the time I have been supporting the club, a proportion of them have from time to time gone off to other areas of the ground, usually in response to the club moving the away fans. Pen1 only became what it was after the introduction of seating - in my teens it was always Pen3 that was the most boisterous and was thought (by Pen3ers) to make all the atmosphere.

By your calling the present Kop an overrated anything, I believe that you are showing an attitude towards the people there which will make them even less likely to join you.

There are people in the Kop who can make as much noise as anybody in L1, but it seems to me (on behalf of many Koppites) that many in L1 are watching the away fans for a good proportion of the time they are in the ground. I am happier to spend my time with my eyes planted firmly on the pitch. If I wanted to sit in L1, I could - but I prefer to watch my football from an end, rather than the end of a side. If I wanted to sit in the North Stand, I could - but i prefer to sit where I do and make all the noise that I can from there.

This is a personal thing. You sit where you like to sit - the same as everybody else. It's bad enough being told what part of the ground you have to sit in away without being told where to sit at home as well.

bocadillo said:
You seem to think that all the 'singers and chanters' were always in the Kop at Filbert Street - that is certainly not so. Throughout the time I have been supporting the club, a proportion of them have from time to time gone off to other areas of the ground, usually in response to the club moving the away fans. Pen1 only became what it was after the introduction of seating - in my teens it was always Pen3 that was the most boisterous and was thought (by Pen3ers) to make all the atmosphere.

By your calling the present Kop an overrated anything, I believe that you are showing an attitude towards the people there which will make them even less likely to join you.

There are people in the Kop who can make as much noise as anybody in L1, but it seems to me (on behalf of many Koppites) that many in L1 are watching the away fans for a good proportion of the time they are in the ground. I am happier to spend my time with my eyes planted firmly on the pitch. If I wanted to sit in L1, I could - but I prefer to watch my football from an end, rather than the end of a side. If I wanted to sit in the North Stand, I could - but i prefer to sit where I do and make all the noise that I can from there.

This is a personal thing. You sit where you like to sit - the same as everybody else. It's bad enough being told what part of the ground you have to sit in away without being told where to sit at home as well.

I take it you are refering to our chavs? But once there are no coppers in sight they just blend into the background, in case they get a hiding.

all fans are there for different reasons we have our chavs/hooligans/wannabbees whatever you wanna call them. i am just seein what leicester fans think about balancing a small proportion of babysquad wannabes in L1 with the other decent lads in there with the 500 or so( just guessing) singers in the kop mixed in with 5 year olds and grannies.

nothing against grannies by the way lol its just they obviously cant generate the same noise amount aS the rest of us.

keep voting and lets all try n get behind the lads

Last edited:
Willlow said:
The only time that meant something was when we were relegated against Manure and the whole ground stood up at Filbert Street! Even the manure fans clapped us. Since then its used way to often!

H Block is clearly the best block, we start the wave, we abuse the linesman and it contains the best looking blokes (me, Durham ETC) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Must be the Sheff Utd game, when you refer to the best looking blokes !

bocadillo said:
I'm not sure what it is that you are querying. I keep hearing that L1 wants the Kop beside it - they could do that by moving to the diagonally opposite corner of the ground, between the West Stand and the Kop.

The fact is that most in the Kop don't really want to be any nearer the away fans and will therefore be against swappng ends.

but i don't want to be in the West Stand Corner....:(

Johnb_lcfc said:
L1 fans are the fans creating the best atmosphere with old traditional songs still sung.

the kop singers should move to L1 to try to create something like sk1 or the kop should be moved to the other end but seeing as about 80% of the people in the kop dont give a shit about the atmospher then i doubt they will care and probably want to stay where they are so they dont hear the nasty away fans swearing
Why should I move from the Kop? How can you say 80% don't give a shit about the atmosphere when you've said that you don't hear the Kop from L1? Perhaps you should see the 'supposed' lack of atmosphere from your time in the Kop in context with the matches, as there have been some corking games since the move from Filbo.

Also, your post suggests that integrating Koppites with L1 will bolster the atmosphere, so clearly L1 is not as good as you're making it out to be. After all, if it was such a noisy and passionate section, there'd be no need to make it any louder.

As I've said elsewhere, surely we should be allowed to support our team from where we like, and the best away grounds I've been to have been the ones where most of the ground are singing, not a poxy little corner next to the away supporters.

One other thing, why do people think you have to be next to the away fans to create an atmosphere? We're there to support City, not put down the opposition. Many's the time I've seen us giving them stick only to end up losing.

Last edited:
beaumontfox said:
but i don't want to be in the West Stand Corner....:(

Exactly!!! And I don't want to be in the North Stand.

beaumontfox said:
quite right Lee.

why should Koppites move to L1 and L1er's move to the Kop?

i'm quite happy where i am thank you very much!

So am I. So is Lee. So we're all happy thank you very much. No more to be said!

LeeH said:
Why should I move from the Kop? How can you say 80% don't give a shit about the atmosphere when you've said that you don't hear the Kop from L1? Perhaps you should see the 'supposed' lack of atmosphere from your time in the Kop in context with the matches, as there have been some corking games since the move from Filbo.

Also, your post suggests that integrating Koppites with L1 will bolster the atmosphere, so clearly L1 is not as good as you're making it out to be. After all, if it was such a noisy and passionate section, there'd be no need to make it any louder.

As I've said elsewhere, surely we should be allowed to support our team from where we like, and the best away grounds I've been to have been the ones where most of the ground are singing, not a poxy little corner next to the away supporters.

One other thing, why do people think you have to be next to the away fans to create an atmosphere? We're there to support City, not put down the opposition. Many's the time I've seen us giving them stick only to end up losing.

spot on lee.

I reckon the kop at filbo worked so well coz it was very condensed in a very condensed ground. Also the time at filbo you all talk about (I used to go in the main stand when I was ickle) came at a very different time in football. The social demographic was very differnet at football matches. i.e. a majority of younger men. This demographic are still a majority of the ones that make the noise at the ground. However they are now in a larger ground and more spread out as mentioned elsewhere. Also they are more likely to be interspersed with families and ladies etc. (no offence to the ladies on here who clearly all have big gobs when it comes t supporting the boys.;) :icon_lol: )IMO

Last edited:
The kop!

Its where I sit. Therefore, the best place in the ground.:icon_roll

the kop is miles better.

johnblcfc where do you get your figures? 500 people out of about 5,000 in the kop sing? i dont believe you! i sit in f1 and its a fantastic atmosphere the only dire game was burnley the others we were in almost full song at the back of f1. looking forward to saturday and a decent gate this week. hopefully up the atmosphere and i wont look round to see empty corners of the stadium. (west stand wings mainly)

they need to seriously review west stand prices for next year i hate looking across at an empty stand

cooperLCFCanstey said:
the kop is miles better.

! i sit in f1 and its a fantastic atmosphere the only dire game was burnley QUOTE]

that may well be the case and i have found that on occasions like i said the atmosphere when i have been in the kop seems pretty decent yeah. but the away fans cant hear it because of stadium accoustics or some other shit like that so we sound like mice and i find it embarrasing. :(

bring back filbo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673