Last DVD you bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a collection of hitchcock films.

14 films for £20 cant go wrong.

I saw that ages a go, but wasnt the collection made up of the films of his no one cares about? I never really liked his whole mystery spy type thing

Oh, fair enough, Psycho and the Birds are awesome, never really liked Vertigo though tbh

But that would be stealing. :018:

No, its different, if you are stealing, you are actually taking the product away from the shop which someone else could buy, if you use torrents that product is still there.

Also, for me, i only buy DVDs i know i actually like so i can watch them again, i will never buy a movie ive never seen before, unless its a boxset from a director i know i love or something, therefore i would never have watched them if i didnt watch the torrent, and would never buy the DVD if i hadnt watched the torrent (and liked it).

It's just like watching the movie on Film4 or something, but you get to choose the scheduling. So for me, torrents are the opposit to stealing, they are what causes me to buy the product

Why pay for stuff if theres a chance youre not going to like it? :102:

Last edited:
No, its different, if you are stealing, you are actually taking the product away from the shop which someone else could buy, if you use torrents that product is still there.

It's still stealing :icon_roll

Why pay for stuff if theres a chance youre not going to like it? :102:

You could say that about anything (last year's season ticket for example), but that doesn't make it right to take it without paying for it.

Well, you can see it as stealing if you want, all i know is if it wasn't for torrents, i would buy a lot less DVDs.

And besides, stealing is only bad if you get caught :icon_wink

You could say that about anything (last year's season ticket for example), but that doesn't make it right to take it without paying for it.

I can understand where you are coming from, but what is "right" is all subjective anyway like all laws and morality. Personally, I see nothing wrong with torrents, i would not pay to watch the movie if i didnt see it, so im not taking any money from the companies or directors or whoever gets the money for the DVD sales.

And as for season tickets, that is different, that's a live event, there is no option for watching every match then deciding whether to pay for it or not afterwards.

Buying a DVD. What a novel idea.

I can understand where you are coming from, but what is "right" is all subjective anyway like all laws and morality. Personally, I see nothing wrong with torrents, i would not pay to watch the movie if i didnt see it, so im not taking any money from the companies or directors or whoever gets the money for the DVD sales.

And as for season tickets, that is different, that's a live event, there is no option for watching every match then deciding whether to pay for it or not afterwards.

There shouldn't really be an option to watch films in full before paying for them either.. what with it being illegal to download torrents.

If you get hold of these films/games illegally then you are costing the manufacturer's money. They have costs to lay out on developing these things and the more thieves that get their product for free, the more money they are losing out on.

Plebs like you are just the absolute epitomy of the term 'tight-arse'.

There shouldn't really be an option to watch films in full before paying for them either.. what with it being illegal to download torrents.

If you get hold of these films/games illegally then you are costing the manufacturer's money. They have costs to lay out on developing these things and the more thieves that get their product for free, the more money they are losing out on.

It's self perpetuating, they will use the excuse "the cost keeps going up" so steal it, which pushes the cost up more.

I too was spending too much money per month on DVD so I found a legal way around it, I pay £12 a month for LoveFilm and can watch all the films I can get through. It's great and legal

I said about 3 times that if i didnt watch them on torrents then i wouldnt watch it at all, so how am i costing them money?

And like i said i do buy DVDs just of movies i know i already like, so if i didnt watch torrents the companies would get nothing from me, but they do because i buy DVDs i like

Last edited:
I said about 3 times that if i didnt watch them on torrents then i wouldnt watch it at all, so how am i costing them money?

And like i said i do buy DVDs just of movies i know i already like, so if i didnt watch torrents the companies would get nothing from me, but they do because i buy DVDs i like

If you get a torrent you watch it and you don't like it you have still seen that developer's film and it has cost them money to make it. They have development costs and overheads to look at and make these back through people paying to go to watch their film at the cinema or buy it on a dvd/video etc

So for instance by not paying to watch it at the cinema you are costing them a few pounds - it might not seem like much, but when there are lots of people doing this the sum that they are losing out on soon builds up. i.e. you might well show your torrent to a friend so that they see the film for free as well, they might show it to a few other friends etc.

I am a keen musician and if I put a record out I would not want people stealing my work when I have worked hard and put out my own money to get it developed

No matter which way you spin it, you are a thief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669