Laughing all the way to the bank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the summer player sales well underway, it appears as though up to £8m may be coming in. In addition, there must be circa £3m in advance ticket sales. If MM wants his money back, there it is with interest.

Of course, if he does bail out taking his investment with him, we will be left a division lower and a bank balance at least £10m worse off than the day he arrived. I think he deserves quite a lot of the blame for this.

He will also have sold off any marketable players, most of whom were already here when he turned up. You might describe this as a 'project', I would describe it as incompetance followed by asset stripping.

I fear for the existence of the club if this is his true intention. The comings and goings of players and managers is all rather irrelevant in comparison.

Yes - people are too easily taken in by all the silly talk and quotes in the Mockery etc. Players make the statements that suit the moment - and we can't glean anything from these as to whether they wanted to go or stay with the club. For instance, joining Barnsley is not in my opinion a considered career move!

Mandaric is simply selling off the better players for what he can get. End of. i doubt very much indeed if either he or Hoos are thinking about being at Leicester for the long term.

Where we might disagree is on the issues of blame. In my book Mandaric created opportunities with his money but poor football management and under-performing players have failed to take advantage. The current situation is largely inevitable - but I agree it is bleak.

Hume going to Barnsley was an odd move, surely not the best for him. Kisnorbo off as well so everyone says.

The rest I couldn't care less about. I agree with the Fryatt consensus he doesn't really deserve another chance.

A squad full of paper players.

The old adage of "paper players win paper cups," get rid, start again and hope for the best. If we can get good money for them so be it.

With the summer player sales well underway, it appears as though up to £8m may be coming in. In addition, there must be circa £3m in advance ticket sales. If MM wants his money back, there it is with interest.

Of course, if he does bail out taking his investment with him, we will be left a division lower and a bank balance at least £10m worse off than the day he arrived. I think he deserves quite a lot of the blame for this.

He will also have sold off any marketable players, most of whom were already here when he turned up. You might describe this as a 'project', I would describe it as incompetance followed by asset stripping.

I fear for the existence of the club if this is his true intention. The comings and goings of players and managers is all rather irrelevant in comparison.

I really do wish the stupid old git had never reared his ugly head in these parts.

[Redditch Fox;706750]Looks that way to me.

Or at least he is recovering as much money as possible for him to have the option of accepting a token price for the club.

I don't believe that the actions that are being taken suggest that there is a team 'building' motivation at all - if that was the case he would be clearing the decks by paying off the unwanted players not selling the nucleus of a potential promotion challenging squad.

To be honest, i don't blame Mandaric at all. If I was in his position, I think i would do the same thing.

You're right RF. What motivation other than financial justifies selling our best players. These are not the actions of an owner dead set on 'acheiving promotion at any cost.'

It's already gone beyond balancing income against expenditure and has little to do with players aspirations to "play at a higher level".

Stearman, Macauley and Hume were on relativley long contracts but have been effectivley put up for grabs to the highest bidder.From a business perspective, you're right, it is unfortunately not a surprise.

Saying that we shouldn't get too precious about them going to Championship clubs. It's the league above us.

Although not a direct comparison if we hadn't been relegated and the trio had moved up to the Premiership nobody would have seen the moves as derogatory.

Last edited:
I really do wish the stupid old git had never reared his ugly head in these parts.

Oi! :018:

Mind you, at the time of the takeover some of us raised something like this as a possible scenario. It was explained to us in very forceful terms by a lot of people that such a thing could not possibly happen and that to even think such a thing was akin to treason.

So I'm afraid that, depite BN's largely impecable argument, he must be wrong.

Oi! :018:

Mind you, at the time of the takeover some of us raised something like this as a possible scenario. It was explained to us in very forceful terms by a lot of people that such a thing could not possibly happen and that to even think such a thing was akin to treason.

So I'm afraid that, depite BN's largely impecable argument, he must be wrong.

You may not have got 'cause & effect' quite right here OG.

Since Mandaric took over things have gone from bad to worse. But we were right to argue that his takeover represented a big opportunity.

That opportunity has been so far missed and to be honest I don't think he is likely to splash the cash in the same way again - thus the sell off of the better players.

I dont know what to think.

A squad clearout can be a good thing as we seem to be rotted to the core with a losing mentality, we need to remember these players were in a relegated team and if the chairman is telling the truth they all wanted to leave. However all these sales do give a lot of credibility to those who say MM will asset strip the squad before leaving to cut his losses.

Last edited:

Have past relegated teams like forest and leeds also sold as many 1st team players so quickly after relegation, we sold more then I expected and so quick.

Hume going to Barnsley was an odd move, surely not the best for him. Kisnorbo off as well so everyone says.

The rest I couldn't care less about. I agree with the Fryatt consensus he doesn't really deserve another chance.

Hume wanted to stay, this one shocked me the most.

You may not have got 'cause & effect' quite right here OG.

Since Mandaric took over things have gone from bad to worse. But we were right to argue that his takeover represented a big opportunity.

That opportunity has been so far missed and to be honest I don't think he is likely to splash the cash in the same way again - thus the sell off of the better players.

I'm not arguing anything about cause and effect - merely that there was a "what happens if the plan goes wrong?" argument that attaches to a "plaything" owner which , when pointed out at the time, attracted a fair deal of abuse from the more starry eyed. We have now reached that point and it is hardly surprising that he has decided to limit the bruising to his pockets, which is what you appear to be saying too.

Hume wanted to stay
Did he bollocks.

If that was true then he could have stayed - we've had a whole bunch of them recently who 'wanted to stay' and sat out their contracts. He pissed off for money and Championship football and this stuff coming from his agent is just crap.

Although I'd take MM f*cking off at any price I can't see him just walking away. He might not have paid much for the club but he must have agreed to guarantee the debts, surely he have to sell the club to someone who'd agree to take on the debts instead.

Did he bollocks.

If that was true then he could have stayed - we've had a whole bunch of them recently who 'wanted to stay' and sat out their contracts. He pissed off for money and Championship football and this stuff coming from his agent is just crap.
You're wrong, DB.

Hume said he wanted to help put right the mess he helped make. He said so, he said so, he said so.

League 2 here we come.

Holloway's a ****!

Last edited:
We have now reached that point and it is hardly surprising that he has decided to limit the bruising to his pockets, which is what you appear to be saying too.

That is exactly what I'm saying - he is recouping his losses by selling the better players. He is in a handy position because no one worth a big fee will join us now anyway so I expect 'peanut' signings and Mandaric to get out if and when he can.

very good business.

now we can build a team around sappleton,odihambo,king,gradel,porter,worley and mattock if he stays.

also interesting why all these other kids have been given contracts.

I laughed all the way to the bank once. I think it was nerves.

Although I'd take MM f*cking off at any price I can't see him just walking away. He might not have paid much for the club but he must have agreed to guarantee the debts, surely he have to sell the club to someone who'd agree to take on the debts instead.

Really? At any price? What if that price was the club being liquidated into non-existance? Or just administration with a 10 point deduction to start the season with?

Not saying either of those are guaranteed if he left, but they are a possibility and highlight was a stupid comment that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669