Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiquitos, Merridian cinema complex.

Rubbish. Overpriced grub that you can get elsewhere. Poor service, and took well over an hour for it to be served.

0/10

A colleague went there in December and ended up paying for drinks only, the food was so bad the manager waived the bill. One course was so burnt the waitress actually apologised as she served it but said she'd been told to bring it out!

A colleague went there in December and ended up paying for drinks only, the food was so bad the manager waived the bill. One course was so burnt the waitress actually apologised as she served it but said she'd been told to bring it out!

I don't normally moan, on the basis I firmly believe what comes back on your plate has been round the kitchen floor a few times. As for the 'burnt' comment above, one of our dishes was burnt.

There was only 8 of us, of which 5 ordered burgers. 2 ordered a rack of ribs with chicken, and the other a chicken breast with bbq sauce, cheese and bacon. We waited 1hr 20 mins for that lot to be served, and i'd say the place was only half full. They seemed to be just piling people up in the bar area where there was one person serving :icon_roll

Anyone been 1573 at the Highcross?

We had our work xmas meal in there - wasnt overly impressed to be honest. Starter i orderd tiger prawns - i recieved 5 king prawns on supermarket bagged salad. Main I had a salmon steak, which was tiny and came predictably with an obvious bagged salad. I was driving too and the only drinks option i had was coke or water.
This was a set xmas meal so they probably used an economy menu.

Anyone been to 'The real China' at the highcross?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69